The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

10.22.16 @ 04:32 AM
    Liked 5,989 Times in 3,257 Posts

Premium Member

Default MARTIN SCORSESE Planning To Direct Movie About RAMONES

Mods, feel free to move

August 29, 2014

According to The Pulse Of Radio, Oscar-winning director Martin Scorsese is planning to direct a movie about the legendary punk band the RAMONES. There is no timetable or writer for the film yet, which Scorsese could shoot after he finishes his upcoming project, "Silence", next year. The news about the movie comes as the managers of the group's estate have revealed plans to celebrate the 40th anniversary of their self-titled debut album in 2016.

Those plans include a documentary separate from Scorsese's film, a play and a book about the band's early years.

All four of the original RAMONES are now dead, with the last, drummer Tommy Ramone, passing away earlier this year.

Rob Zombie just hosted a tribute to guitarist Johnny Ramone in Los Angeles to mark the 10th anniversary of his passing.

Johnny's portion of the RAMONES estate is handled by his widow Linda, while late singer Joey Ramone's interests are now handled by his brother Mickey.

Although the two sides have had disputes in the past, they are now said to be "moving in one direction together as a team" with regards to the 40th-anniversary plans.
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 08.29.14 at 03:56 AM.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

orig VH fan x craps champ edwardv's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

10.22.16 @ 05:01 AM
    Liked 1,138 Times in 727 Posts

Premium Member

Probably will be a real quick movie.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

09.29.16 @ 11:24 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

I'm not a Ramones fan, but I would like to see this come about. I would watch it

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

10.05.16 @ 10:01 PM
    Liked 1,630 Times in 751 Posts

Love Ramones been a huge fan for ages just recently bought an official 1978 old metal " Road To Ruin " lunch box from a thrift store was super stoked to find it there.

Looking forward to this with Scorsese it will be done right. I'm guessing he'll use portions from Johnny and Dee Dee' s book's tons of stuff the band went through it'll be a dramatic interesting story for sure.
    " On a scale that ranges from deep dark depression to rip roaring fun ... most people idle between pissed off ...and not too pissed off " DLR 1997

" I am the danger ... I am the one who knocks " Walter White 2011

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

10.21.16 @ 07:40 PM
    Liked 1,557 Times in 890 Posts

Premium Member

this could be tremendous if it's done right

personally I'm getting tired of autobiographical movies or "movies based on a true story" that mess with the facts in order to make the story "better"

Dallas Buyers Club, Argo, American Hustle, Captain Phillips, Saving Mr Banks, Mandela, shoot even We Bought a Zoo got the Hollywood treatment

the Ramones were gritty and real and deserve and unflinching treatment