Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Little Dreamer
    Last Online

05.27.10 @ 05:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A interview with OZZY/BLACK LABEL SOCIETY guitarist ZAKK WYLDE suggests that DIME may have a new project soon with EDDIE VAN HALEN and WYLDE. http://www.rockconcertfotos.com/zakkinterview.htm
    Is he just drunk and ramblin' B.S. or is he for real???
    Andrew Johnson<BR>Get on with it bro

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

One foot out the door
    Last Online

09.02.05 @ 03:47 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Great more shit to keep Eddie away from VH.
    "My son, ask for thee another kingdom...for that which I leave is too small for thee"- King Phillip of Macedonia to Alexander the Great-339 B.C.

4/1/85-We remember.....

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

I hope Zakk is for real cause those three hookin up and writing some tunes is gonna be fuckin KILLER! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    Any music from Ed would be good at this point. If he dont want to do the Van Halen gig anymore, then do something. We just want to hear ya' play man.

Interview was conducted on 9/12.

Favorite VH Album

Bark Like A Dog
    Favorite VH Song

Act Like It Hurts
    Last Online

06.26.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 643 Times in 328 Posts

Amen to that!!!
    "Never is just reven spelled backwards." -House

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" -THE Rob Gordon

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning or VH3... it varies.
    Favorite VH Song

too many to count... I\'m diggin\' Can\'t Get This Stuff No More right now.
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This would be really cool. Though Ed would kick both their asses any day. Odd to hear that he'd be collaborating with someone like Dime though! That seems an odd combo to me.
    "The common thing on governments as an institution is: they're all bad worldwide. It might be the only thing that binds all nations together: the incompetence of their governments. Look at the people who have been president in the US so far... could I DO ANY WORSE?"<br /> <br />~ Frank Zappa

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some, or Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I tell ya I think the naysayers here ain't givin it much thought. Lemme 'splane....Most people that would say Dimebag isn't that great probably don't like their music quite that heavy-sounding. Put that aside and take a real good listen to his playin, just focus on his technique. You'll be fuckin amazed . He is actually one of the VERY few guitar players of that whole genre who can get that heavy, and still have feel, and still be interesting, not just fast, and not just thick. The guy, in my opinion, seems pretty cool too. I saw him in some interviews and he seems like, first and formost, a real FAN of music in general. He was on some countdown of the top 100 whatever yada blahblah, and he had some cool comment, or good memory, about almost every song on the list. Real positive guy, guess it's a yin/yang thing...... [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

ALSO: Can you just imagine how much fuckin BALLS Ed's playin would have again after months on the road with those two guys?? Can you imagine the stuff he'd be writing? Maybe this would be JUST the medicine (no pun intended) EVH needs. I can't even BEGIN to talk about how killer I think Zakk Wylde is. One sick-ass crazy character on stage, but has absolutely the best tone in the business, and he is a fuckin MASTER of the LES PAUL. The best of both worlds to coin a phrase. Combine southern with heavy with classical and you get Technique with Feel, and thats WAAAAY rare to get both. The last guy to hit both sides of the "Technique vs. Feel" coin so well was Edward VH himself. Don't think so? Go get OZZY:Live at Budokan.... [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] you'll see what I mean. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

[ December 24, 2002, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: Top Jimmy #1 ]
    "If I took you to the river, well I bet you'd swim upstream.."<br /> -JL<br /> L.O.C.<br /> -2003-

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dime loves Van Halen
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning or VH3... it varies.
    Favorite VH Song

too many to count... I\'m diggin\' Can\'t Get This Stuff No More right now.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh, I didn't mean to sound like I was belittling Dime's playing - he's awesome, and has the killer rock n' roll attitude that's missing from so many of todays guitarists. Great riffs, some awesome solos. He's got a lot of killer works. I'd listen to Pantera more if there were less screaming and more singing. I think he could really get some cool sounds out of eddie. As for Zakk, I wouldn't call him the master of the Les Paul (that title has to go to Jimmy Page, IMO), but once again, he's another killer guitar player who could really push Eddie into some new territory.

Live at Budokan's a pretty cool record. Didn't like the new tunes much, and I thought Zakk kind of overdid it with his screech harmonics, but it sure beat Down To Earth!
    "The common thing on governments as an institution is: they're all bad worldwide. It might be the only thing that binds all nations together: the incompetence of their governments. Look at the people who have been president in the US so far... could I DO ANY WORSE?"<br /> <br />~ Frank Zappa

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:25 AM
    Liked 966 Times in 387 Posts

yeah dime is a big vh fan!

i think it'd be a cool colaboration!

i really miss ed's playing.

i'm listening to stompin 8H now from sat night live and damn! boy does rock n roll and vh fans everywhere need ed back [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] big time!

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by BAM5150:
    "I'd listen to Pantera more if there were less screaming and more singing."
    "Cowboys from Hell" featured a lot of Phil actually singing (he does a great Rob Halford impersonation on "Shattered"), something he can actually do when he's not trying to shoot his larynx through his nostrils. Anyone who ever saw him with his pre-Pantera band Razor White (no band has ever been more aptly named, btw...) in New Orleans back in the day knows he can actually sing his ass off, or could, at least, when he wanted to.

If you want to hear even more melodic Pantera, check out their pre-Phil records if you can find them somewhere; "Metal Magic", "Projects in the Jungle" & "I am the Night". I've got all of them, and saw them several times back in their spandex & mascara days with that godawful Terrence guy on vocals. If you ever want to see something truly funny, take one of those records to a show and watch Darrell's reaction when you ask him to sign it! LOL He turns all white and actually tries to hide the record! "That was a long fuckin' time ago, man..." "Dime" was also known as "Diamond" Darrell back then, btw, and weighed like 87 lbs. soakin' wet! LOL

While it's nowhere near as heavy as their newer stuff with Phil, there's still some mighty cool riffin' on that old stuff, and "Blue light turnin' Red" off of "Projects in the Jungle" is still the best Randy Rhoads impersonation I've ever heard. If Zakk were ever to split from his Ozzy gig again, Darrell would kick much ass as a replacement.

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

SBS

[ December 25, 2002, 04:28 AM: Message edited by: SirBrownSound ]
    What, me, worry?

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The news of this collaboration is a great Christmas gift. Hopefully it pans out and happens. I am 100% for this, all the way!

Zakk Wylde and Dimebag Darrell are 2 fantastic ass kickin' guitar slingers. Both of them have repeatedly spoken of growing up on Van Halen and how Van Halen is a major influence & inspiration for them. They both always put Eddie at the top of their list of greatest players. These guys know Van Halen inside out and I think would provide a great deal of energy and vibe to EVH.
    Hopefully Ed gets back to his old style of just letting it fly and ripping all to hell. If only for a couple tracks anyways, but I would love to hear him wail again.
    You proved for over a decade with Sammy that you could change your style and still kick ass and write great songs. Now lets get back to the no-holds-barred spontaneous fits of shred!!
    After hearing him play "I'm the One" on the 98' VH3 tour I know he can whip it out when he feels like. I just hope he feels like it. And being around Dime & Zakk, shit, I am pretty sure he will.
    Time to put your shitkickers on again Ed. Been a long time comin' dude.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

take your whiskey home
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

To see Ed play with these guys would be great. Music is music quit the whining and just enjoy playing. If Ed may only have a few years left please Ed forget the "Fame B.S. and just enjoy yourself and your family. Please remember some of us are extended family and just want to hear.
    Everyone reading-----best wishes.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:58 PM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member
    Zakk puts away the Beer, bigtime. Which wouldn't be good around Eddie. Or maybe it would be, depends on your perspective I guess. Ed does need someone to get him motivated.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

These guys also always talk about Van Halen regarding areas the casual fan or listener does not: the songwriting, the tone and the rhythm playing of Ed not just the tricks and solos. I remember glancing at a metal mag at the newstand recently which had an interview with Phil and Dime. They talked about how deep the early Van Halen catalog is and how they cop a lot of the good time feel and stage show from Dave era. I am not a Pantera fan (especially after watching Phil stumble and throw up on stage for a whopping 45 minute headlining show) but I have always kind of considered them the Van Halen of the heavier metal.