Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Atomic Punk bklynboy68's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.12
    Posts
    18,839
    Favorite VH Album

    The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 05:01 AM
    Likes
    12,921
    Liked 11,778 Times in 6,524 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default By 2025, sexbots will be commonplace

    By 2025, sexbots will be commonplace which is just fine, as well all be unemployed and bored thanks to robots stealing our jobs


    August 14, 2014


    According to a new report that looks at how continuing improvements to artificial intelligence and robotics will impact society, robotic sex partners will become commonplace by 2025. A large portion of the report also focuses on how AI and robotics will impact both blue- and white-collar workers, with about 50% of the polled experts stating that robots will displace more human jobs than they create by 2025.

    The report, called AI, Robotics, and the Future of Jobs and published by Pew Research, is a 66-page monster [PDF] http://www.pewinternet.org/files/201...s-and-Jobs.pdf . The report basically consists of a bunch of experts waxing lyrical about what the world will look like in 2025 if robots and AI continue to advance at the same scary pace of the last few years. Almost every expert agreed that robots and AI will no longer be constrained to repetitive tasks on a production line, and will permeate wide segments of daily life by 2025. The experts are almost perfectly split on whether these everyday robots will be a boon or a menace to society, though but more on that at the end of the story.

    While the report is full of juicy sound bites from experts such as Vint Cerf, danah boyd, and David Clark, one quote by GigaOM Researchs Stowe Boyd caught my eye. By 2025, according to Boyd, Robotic sex partners will be a commonplace, although the source of scorn and division, the way that critics today bemoan selfies as an indicator of all thats wrong with the world.

    Back in 2012 a long time ago in todays tech climate I wrote that wed have realistic sexbots by around 2017. These robostitutes wont necessarily have human-level intelligence (thats still another 10+ years away I think), but theyll look, move, and feel a lot like real humans. In short, theyll probably be good enough to satisfy most sexual urges. What effect these sexbots will have on human-human relationships, and the sex and human trafficking trades, remains to be seen. At a bare minimum, a lot of sex workers will probably lose their jobs. If lovotics the study of human-robot relationships becomes advanced enough and people start falling in love with their sexbots (or rather partnerbots), then there could be some wide-ranging repercussions.

    But, back to the bigger story: Will advanced AI and robots make the world a better place or not? Basically everyone agrees that robotics and AI are going to displace a lot of jobs over the next few years as the general-purpose robot comes of age. Even though these early general-purpose bots (such as Baxter in the video below) wont be as fast or flexible as humans, they will be flexible enough that they can perform various menial tasks 24/7 and cost just a few cents of electricity, rather than minimum wage. Likewise, self-driving vehicles will replace truck drivers, taxis, pizza delivery kids, and so on.



    http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1...aling-our-jobs
    "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

    "Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

    'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

    "I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

    "My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

    "But being number one doesnt really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk TheresOnlyOneWay's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.13.04
    Location
    Avengers Tower
    Posts
    10,149
    Favorite VH Album

    Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

    Different Devil
    Last Online

    11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Android restaurant boots up in China



    It's more teatime than Terminator -- a restaurant in China is electrifying customers by using more than a dozen robots to cook and deliver food.



    Mechanical staff greet customers, deliver dishes to tables and even stir-fry meat and vegetables at the eatery in Kunshan, which opened last week.


    "My daughter asked me to invent a robot because she doesn't like doing housework," the restaurant's founder Song Yugang told AFP.
    Two robots are stationed by the door to cheerfully greet customers, while four short but humanoid machines carry trays of food to the tables.


    In the kitchen, two large blue robots with glowing red eyes specialise in frying, while another is dedicated to making dumplings.


    http://news.yahoo.com/robo-cook-andr...062418815.html
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

    Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

    A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

    Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, Tokyo Dome In Concert, is available for purchase, and its super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

  3. #3
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    10.11.09
    Posts
    10,548
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 04:48 AM
    Likes
    572
    Liked 1,483 Times in 1,012 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    By 2025, sexbots will be commonplace which is just fine, as well all be unemployed and bored thanks to robots stealing our jobs


    August 14, 2014


    According to a new report that looks at how continuing improvements to artificial intelligence and robotics will impact society, robotic sex partners will become commonplace by 2025. A large portion of the report also focuses on how AI and robotics will impact both blue- and white-collar workers, with about 50% of the polled experts stating that robots will displace more human jobs than they create by 2025.

    The report, called AI, Robotics, and the Future of Jobs” and published by Pew Research, is a 66-page monster [PDF] http://www.pewinternet.org/files/201...s-and-Jobs.pdf . The report basically consists of a bunch of experts waxing lyrical about what the world will look like in 2025 if robots and AI continue to advance at the same scary pace of the last few years. Almost every expert agreed that robots and AI will no longer be constrained to repetitive tasks on a production line, and will permeate wide segments of daily life by 2025. The experts are almost perfectly split on whether these everyday robots will be a boon or a menace to society, though but more on that at the end of the story.

    While the report is full of juicy sound bites from experts such as Vint Cerf, danah boyd, and David Clark, one quote by GigaOM Researchs Stowe Boyd caught my eye. By 2025, according to Boyd, Robotic sex partners will be a commonplace, although the source of scorn and division, the way that critics today bemoan selfies as an indicator of all thats wrong with the world.

    Back in 2012 a long time ago in todays tech climate I wrote that wed have realistic sexbots by around 2017. These robostitutes wont necessarily have human-level intelligence (thats still another 10+ years away I think), but theyll look, move, and feel a lot like real humans. In short, theyll probably be good enough to satisfy most sexual urges. What effect these sexbots will have on human-human relationships, and the sex and human trafficking trades, remains to be seen. At a bare minimum, a lot of sex workers will probably lose their jobs. If lovotics the study of human-robot relationships becomes advanced enough and people start falling in love with their sexbots (or rather partnerbots), then there could be some wide-ranging repercussions.

    But, back to the bigger story: Will advanced AI and robots make the world a better place or not? Basically everyone agrees that robotics and AI are going to displace a lot of jobs over the next few years as the general-purpose robot comes of age. Even though these early general-purpose bots (such as Baxter in the video below) wont be as fast or flexible as humans, they will be flexible enough that they can perform various menial tasks 24/7 and cost just a few cents of electricity, rather than minimum wage. Likewise, self-driving vehicles will replace truck drivers, taxis, pizza delivery kids, and so on.



    http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1...aling-our-jobs
    Perhaps the movie A.I. had it right.... Or Stanley Kubrick did.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

    "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

    Samuel Johnson 1775 : Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel

    "McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

  4. #4
    Atomic Punk bklynboy68's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.12
    Posts
    18,839
    Favorite VH Album

    The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 05:01 AM
    Likes
    12,921
    Liked 11,778 Times in 6,524 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Both of these articles provide hope for the future. I mean, we really have a shot to end this.



    "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

    "Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

    'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

    "I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

    "My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

    "But being number one doesnt really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

  5. #5
    ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    29,882
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 10:34 PM
    Likes
    1,881
    Liked 6,849 Times in 3,587 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default


  6. #6
    Atomic Punk LLFHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.04
    Location
    Secret Witness Protection Location
    Posts
    31,731
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

    Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

    07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Likes
    34
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

    [sigpic][/sigpic]


    Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

  7. #7
    Atomic Punk Little Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.25.99
    Age
    45
    Location
    Pasadena, CA, USA
    Posts
    8,944
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 11:35 PM
    Likes
    1,014
    Liked 1,388 Times in 762 Posts

    Default

    Well, Diamond Dave was a pioneer on this one...

    Little Dreamer

  8. #8
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    07.26.07
    Age
    47
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    4,654
    Favorite VH Album

    VH II
    Favorite VH Song

    Down in Flames
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Likes
    1,164
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

    Default

    Can I order one that looks like Kate Upton?
    Posted from yo' mama's house.


  9. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  10. #9
    Atomic Punk bklynboy68's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.12
    Posts
    18,839
    Favorite VH Album

    The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 05:01 AM
    Likes
    12,921
    Liked 11,778 Times in 6,524 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    The race to build the worlds first sex robot

    The $30bn sex tech industry is about to unveil its biggest blockbuster: a $15,000 robot companion that talks, learns, and never says no


    by Jenny Kleeman

    Thursday 27 April 2017


    In the brightly lit robotics workshop at Abyss Creations factory in San Marcos, California, a life-size humanoid was dangling from a stand, hooked between her shoulder blades. Her name was Harmony. She wore a white leotard, her chest was thrust forward and her French-manicured fingers were splayed across the tops of her slim thighs.

    Harmony is a prototype, a robotic version of the companys hyper-realistic silicone sex toy, the RealDoll. The Realbotix room where she was assembled was lined with varnished pine surfaces covered with wires and circuit boards, and a 3D printer whirred in the corner, spitting out tiny, intricate parts that will be inserted beneath her PVC skull. Her hazel eyes darted between me and her creator, Matt McMullen, as he described her accomplishments.

    Harmony smiles, blinks and frowns. She can hold a conversation, tell jokes and quote Shakespeare. Shell remember your birthday, McMullen told me, what you like to eat, and the names of your brothers and sisters. She can hold a conversation about music, movies and books. And of course, Harmony will have sex with you whenever you want.





    Harmony is the culmination of 20 years work making sex dolls, and five years of robot research and development. McMullens customers want something as lifelike as possible its his brands USP. After his team had made their silicone and steel dolls as human as they could, the way ahead began to feel inevitable, irresistible: they would animate them, giving them personality and bringing them to life.


    FULL ARTICLE
    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...irst-sex-robot
    "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

    "Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

    'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

    "I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

    "My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

    "But being number one doesnt really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

  11. #10
    carpe damn diem billy007's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.19.00
    Age
    54
    Location
    On the wild card line...
    Posts
    28,682
    Favorite VH Song

    "Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 05:35 PM
    Likes
    1,046
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

    Default

    probably a good thing, as heterosexual sex will probably be outlawed by then. But woe to the person whose job it is to clean their "nether regions"

  12. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  13. #11
    Atomic Punk Dave's Dreidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.05
    Age
    47
    Location
    Kate Upton's Closet
    Posts
    37,923
    Favorite VH Album

    Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

    The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 03:13 PM
    Likes
    3,510
    Liked 18,158 Times in 8,974 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    probably a good thing, as heterosexual sex will probably be outlawed by then.
    Anything becomes pass after a few million years.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

    Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

    David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

    Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

    Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

    DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

  14. #12
    Baluchitherium Ted Van Halen's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.07.04
    Age
    48
    Location
    All up in there
    Posts
    4,383
    Favorite VH Album

    Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

    How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 03:58 AM
    Likes
    2,306
    Liked 1,626 Times in 872 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    A dude I worked with was looking at buying one of those real dolls. I thought at first he was joking but the other guys in his department confirmed how serious he was about it. IIRC that thing was 5-6 grand. Always thought he was a tick off. That confirmed it.
    -TVH-


    If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine


    What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison


    Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

  15. #13
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    11.26.10
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,353
    Last Online

    11.25.17 @ 09:06 AM
    Likes
    1,679
    Liked 1,374 Times in 803 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Anything becomes pass after a few million years.
    Dude....You spelled pussy wrong.

  16. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  17. #14
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    11.26.10
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,353
    Last Online

    11.25.17 @ 09:06 AM
    Likes
    1,679
    Liked 1,374 Times in 803 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Van Halen View Post
    A dude I worked with was looking at buying one of those real dolls. I thought at first he was joking but the other guys in his department confirmed how serious he was about it. IIRC that thing was 5-6 grand. Always thought he was a tick off. That confirmed it.
    Don't know if you guys have it in the States, but on a channel we have called Showcase, they used to run these kinda late night soft core docs, and there was one about a guy who had several of these Real Doll things.
    It was creepy as fuck.
    He dressed them each day, sat with them, talked to them, ate with them, watched TV with is arm around them, laughed at their "jokes", and had these (obviously) one sided sex chats.
    They didn't show the down and dirty he did with them...Thank Christ, but yeah.....It was just bizarre.

    Pretty odd state a person would have to be in.
    I don't know if it's sad, or what.
    Last edited by we die young; 04.27.17 at 02:24 PM.

  18. #15
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    10.28.12
    Location
    Mean Street
    Posts
    4,202
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

    08.21.17 @ 09:32 PM
    Likes
    1,841
    Liked 2,028 Times in 1,265 Posts

    Default

    Sure, they can make primitive sex dolls that can move around a little bit, maybe say a line or two, but I think we're pretty far away from the Blade Runner days.

  19. The Following Member Likes This Post:


 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •