George Floyd & the protesting & rioting across the USA! - Page 215
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  706
Save
Page 215 of 333 FirstFirst ... 115165205212213214215216217218225265315 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 4992
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Today @ 11:10 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Good address by Trump

Deployment of NG in all states. if governors refuse, military comes in. dispatching soldiers, law enforcement, and heavily armed personnel, across the nation.

Five bucks says not all governors will act in order to force his hand.

America 2020
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

2. JUNGLE DRUMMER thanked for this post.
    David Lasher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 10:25 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Is this martial law?

No. He said...

Rule of law... the principle under which all persons, institutions, and entities are accountable to laws that are: Publicly promulgated. Equally enforced.

Independently adjudicated. And consistent with international human rights principles.

4. JUNGLE DRUMMER, bklynboy68 thanked for this post.
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Today @ 08:33 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    For the longest time I've always heard that they've run people off yet I've never met one person that's brave enough to say that's the case. Either in pm, or other social media platforms. I'm friends with one whom I consider my brother but even then it has more to do with being supremely bored with this band more than anything else. Life went on. Some people have more will power than others

It's all hearsay. Who are these regular contributors? The ones that are on FB?
    C'mon, Chris the big bad mean conservative CVH fans ran off a bunch of weak knees who spent the majority of their time shitting all over the band they claimed to love.

D.O.A.
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Today @ 11:08 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Only conspiracy theorists pick sides.
    I thought this was MF's post earlier when I saw it, 'cause it sounds like something a US commie would say. Realized quickly it was you though and that therefore it was pure sarcasm. Mistaken identity. Sorry, been dealing with a lot of commies this week. We all have.
    ☩ ☩ ☩

7. JUNGLE DRUMMER, bklynboy68 thanked for this post.
    David Lasher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post
    I thought this was MF's post earlier when I saw it, 'cause it sounds like something a US commie would say. Realized quickly it was you though and that therefore it was pure sarcasm. Mistaken identity. Sorry, been dealing with a lot of commies this week. We all have.
    it was pure and I'm not a commie... yet

9. Wruff_ajax thanked for this post.
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Trump vows to mobilize federal resources in address to nation, makes surprise trip to church that caught fire

Morgan Phillips 31 mins ago

President Trump said during a statement in the Rose Garden on Monday that he is taking "immediate action” to mobilize “all available federal resources” to stop riots and looting across the country, threatening to deploy the military if states don’t send in the National Guard to protests.

"I will fight to protect you," Trump said in an evening protest, ahead of what's expected to be more protests in the city of Washington on Monday night.

Immediately following the speech, in an extraordinary scene, the president and his entourage walked outside of the White House, across Lafayette Square, to St. Johns Episcopal Church, which caught on fire during the protesters the night before.

https://twitter.com/KristinFisher/st...650849282?s=20

During the brief visit, the president stood in front of the boarded-up church and held up a Bible. He was accompanied by a variety of aides and officials, including Attorney General Bill Barr, daughter and White House adviser Ivanka Trump, Chief of Staff Mark Meadows and Defense Secretary Mark Esper.

Prior to his visit, police used tear gas to disperse protesters in the park. In his speech, the president vowed to end violent protests.

"I have recommended every governor deploy the National Guard in sufficient numbers to dominate the streets," the president said during his speech. "We are ending riots and lawlessness, we will end it today."

Trump said he is dispatching "thousands and thousands of heavily armed soldiers and military personnel" to stop the rioting.

"I want organizers of this terror to be on notice that you will face severe criminal penalties," he said.

"We cannot allow the righteous cries of peaceful protesters to be drowned out by an angry mob," the president added. "The biggest victims of this rioting are peace-loving citizens in our poorest communities."

Trump pointed to a Federal Protective Service officer who was shot and killed amid protests in Oakland, California.

According to the FBI's San Francisco branch, the shooting occurred at the Ronald V. Dellums Federal Building when a vehicle approached the building and opened fire at the security officers.

Earlier on Monday, the president unloaded on governors in a phone call, accusing them of being "weak" in their response to the riots and urging them to "dominate."

“Most of you are weak,” Trump said. “You have to arrest people.”

“You have to dominate, if you don't dominate you're wasting your time,” he said, according to a senior staffer in a governor’s office who was listening to the call. “They're going to run over you, you're going to look like a bunch of jerks. You have to dominate.”

“You’ve got to arrest people, you have to track people, you have to put them in jail for 10 years and you’ll never see this stuff again,” said Trump. “We’re doing it in Washington, D.C. We’re going to do something that people haven’t seen before.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...to-protect-you
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

Today @ 10:53 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily Poster100,000 VHL Life Points

Had no idea, but the looters/protestors got violent in Boston, after 10 pm.
    They trashed Downtown, but even hit Newbury street & Copley Place, which has
    been shut down for two months.

I've also noticed the daily Covid headlines, are now Protesting headlines.
    It's like Covid has become yesterday's news.

WTF?

And numbers have risen for the first time in a while, in MA.
    Prolly Memorial Day Weekend.
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

12. edwardv thanked for this post.
    David Lasher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post
    I've also noticed the daily Covid headlines, are now Protesting headlines.
    It's like Covid has become yesterday's news.

WTF?
    Only one is real after sundown.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Something should be illegal for good reason.

Laws that make criminals out of victimless, consensual behavior amongst adults are unjust and a waste of cops’ time. It’s not like I’m throwing at the “lets get rid of this law” dartboard to see what I hit.

If it were illegal to chew gum, I’d say that’s a dumb law police shouldn’t be wasting their time on, especially if even one person resists the police over it and dies.

If we want fewer George Floyd’s to die, and we can’t control how a human being might act in a given situation, then maybe one way we do that is to think about what is illegal and if there is a good reason for it.

If the answer is, “Who cares how cigarettes are sold?” perhaps we can save a life here and there by taking a law that no one can explain why it should be law—other than, “Well, it’s a law”—off the books, be it chewing gum or buying a one cigarette.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    George Floyd didn't die due to a bad law. You seem to think that police will have fewer interactions with people if we get rid of laws you don't like. I have no reason to believe this will happen. Maybe better to spend your time training cops to not kill people over a loose cigarette or a 20 dollar forgery charge.

15. MF5150, VH1986, Forty Deuce thanked for this post.
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

This is not a protest.

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

06.06.20 @ 10:46 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Supremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    George Floyd didn't die due to a bad law. You seem to think that police will have fewer interactions with people if we get rid of laws you don't like. I have no reason to believe this will happen. Maybe better to spend your time training cops to not kill people over a loose cigarette or a 20 dollar forgery charge.
    You’re wasting your time with most of these guys, man.

They’re not representative of the actual reality in the US. They’re part of the problem.

Their time is almost over.

18. VH1986 thanked for this post.
    Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 09:40 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Default George Floyd & the protesting & rioting across the USA!

I know he wasn’t, hence the example of a dumb law and how it could overall save lives.

Yes, I don’t like criminalizing peaceful, nonviolent people. I don’t find that to be a controversial position. I Also think that if you got rid of laws that outlaw peaceful, nonviolent acts, you’d have fewer encounters between police and peaceful, nonviolent people. The idea cops would continue harassing legal actors, so no decrease in these interactions, is perplexing.

We can do more than one thing at a time. We can train cops not to kill people for a counterfeit $20 and we can also stop wasting their time criminalizing, and thus harassing, nonviolent, peaceful people.

Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    You’re wasting your time with most of these guys, man.

They’re not representative of the actual reality in the US. They’re part of the problem.

Their time is almost over.
    I’m part of the problem suggesting decriminalizing consensual, nonviolent, victimless interactions amongst adults would help avoid confrontations like the one between police and Eric Garner and spare lives that shouldn’t be lost?

What’s the problem, again, because I must have missed it.

21. bklynboy68 thanked for this post.
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    I know he wasn’t, hence the example of a dumb law and how it could overall save lives.

Yes, I don’t like criminalizing peaceful, nonviolent people. I don’t find that to be a controversial position. I Also think that if you got rid of laws that outlaw peaceful, nonviolent acts, you’d have fewer encounters between police and peaceful, nonviolent people. The idea cops would continue harassing legal actors, so no decrease in these interactions, is perplexing.

We can do more than one thing at a time. We can train cops not to kill people for a counterfeit $20 and we can also stop wasting their time criminalizing, and thus harassing, nonviolent, peaceful people.

there are a lot of laws against "peaceful, non violent" people. One could peacefully break into your house and steal all your stuff when you're not around. One could peacefully hack into your bank accounts and clean out your life savings. One could peacefully run every red light and it's only a problem when they smash into people.

Now you're gonna counter with "there's no victims to selling single cigarettes". Well, I'm guessing those who illegally sell cigarettes aren't asking for identification, I imagine you don't want 11 year olds smoking, right?

Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

there are a lot of laws against "peaceful, non violent" people. One could peacefully break into your house and steal all your stuff when you're not around. One could peacefully hack into your bank accounts and clean out your life savings. One could peacefully run every red light and it's only a problem when they smash into people.

Now you're gonna counter with "there's no victims to selling single cigarettes". Well, I'm guessing those who illegally sell cigarettes aren't asking for identification, I imagine you don't want 11 year olds smoking, right?

None of those examples are consensual or victimless, and selling to kids isn’t consensual adults.

What you’re arguing for is that if NYC had outlawed 17+ ounce sodas and a restaurateur was killed by police who showed up to address his selling large sodas, reconsidering the law is not a serious option. Telling restaurants to break the law more conspicuously and training cops not to kill large soda sellers is serious. Repealing the law is just letting the criminals win and tossing out laws people don’t like.

But to seriously address the last part, the whole point is that no one would be on the streets selling single cigarettes if it were legal, for the same reason no one is selling booze in the streets.