George Floyd & the protesting & rioting across the USA! - Page 184
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  895
Save
Page 184 of 352 FirstFirst ... 84134174181182183184185186187194234284 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 5275
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Today @ 09:33 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    What I find frustrating in my life is that what you just said isn't good enough and, apparently, is problematic for its own reasons.

I have an old friend whose family is quite educated, all PhDs (except my buddy), one son actually has research displayed in the African-American Museum that opened.

And if you say anything like I don't see color or it doesn't matter or I see past it, whatever, well then that is erasing part of their being, culture, and experience. You're saying all of that doesn't matter to you, and you get to do that because of your Whiteness.

And I (sort of) get what they are saying, but that's not what people are actually saying. They are just saying it doesn't matter.

I do think the left needs things to complain about or be upset about and as those things go away, they need new things to be upset about or angry over.
    100% on the mark, LM. I also “don’t see color” and your friend was obviously indoctrinated to think this way. In my opinion it is a way of thinking designed to keep a person down and never accept responsibility for any possible failure in life. It is also designed to keep anger and hate alive.

Of course I’m not naive, I can tell racism when I’m experiencing racism, but just when I’m experiencing it. I don’t assume everyone I meet is a potential racist ready to take something from me. That’s just stupid. I can’t tell you how it drives me nuts when people use that as a crutch.

You’re spot on about the left. In my opinion the harm they have done to minority communities is immeasurable.

Anyway, keep saying you don’t see color.

There is nothing wrong with that.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

2. lovemachine97(Version 2), JUNGLE DRUMMER thanked for this post.
    Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:40 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    100% on the mark, LM. I also “don’t see color” and your friend was obviously indoctrinated to think this way. In my opinion it is a way of thinking designed to keep a person down and never accept responsibility for any possible failure in life. It is also designed to keep anger and hate alive.

Of course I’m not naive, I can tell racism when I’m experiencing racism, but just when I’m experiencing it. I don’t assume everyone I meet is a potential racist ready to take something from me. That’s just stupid. I can’t tell you how it drives me nuts when people use that as a crutch.

You’re spot on about the left. In my opinion the harm they have done to minority communities is immeasurable.

Anyway, keep saying you don’t see color.

There is nothing wrong with that.
    You know, I just sort of roll with things. I sort of see it like transgenderism. You want to be called "_______?" Okay, cool. Over here, you understand what I mean by "I don't see color?" Cool. You over think I am erasing you? Fine, I will roll with it. It doesn't put me out any and perhaps I could learn something along the way.

I'm a Patreon subscriber to the 5th Column podcast, and the main host is Kmele Foster, and he certainly comes at race from a different perspective, understanding it's completely made up. He is extremely hesitant to inject race even into his own poor interactions with police. There are actually times the White cohosts are more likely to call something racism than he is.

I value his opinion on things and he's incredibly smart, but he is actually someone I like to listen to talk if something seems like race is part of it--he'll have a different perspective on it.

Anyway, you may not agree with the libertarian-leaning content, but you might find him interesting. He used to cohost a show on Fox Business, the one that became Kennedy.

4. bklynboy68 thanked for this post.
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.10.20 @ 03:56 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member

Donor

Achievements:
    Supremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

What I find frustrating in my life is that what you just said isn't good enough and, apparently, is problematic for its own reasons.

I have an old friend whose family is quite educated, all PhDs (except my buddy), one son actually has research displayed in the African-American Museum that opened.

And if you say anything like I don't see color or it doesn't matter or I see past it, whatever, well then that is erasing part of their being, culture, and experience. You're saying all of that doesn't matter to you, and you get to do that because of your Whiteness.

And I (sort of) get what they are saying, but that's not what people are actually saying. They are just saying it doesn't matter.

I do think the left needs things to complain about or be upset about and as those things go away, they need new things to be upset about or angry over.
    But it does matter when people are in certain situations. We all have our prejudices. To say otherwise means you're lying, imo.
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:40 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgia Act View Post
    But it does matter when people are in certain situations. We all have our prejudices. To say otherwise means you're lying, imo.
    Sure, there’s no argument here. I think I sort of explored that in my last post. If someone gets what I mean, cool. If someone’s self is inextricably intertwined with the color of their skin (from a minority standpoint), cool.

What I’m saying is I don’t think people who say they don’t see color intend to erase someone’s self. What they mean is race isn’t how they judge someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. bklynboy68, JUNGLE DRUMMER thanked for this post.
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgia Act View Post
    I have mine. Black people, Asians, Chicanos don’t bother me one bit.

I am terrified of midgets. No I’m not kidding.

My wife hates clowns and me midgets. To say that the ringling bothers doesn’t get a peeny from us is an understatement.

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post

My wife hates clowns and me midgets. To say that the ringling bothers doesn’t get a peeny from us is an understatement.

FML

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

carpe damn diem
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

Today @ 09:16 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

there are two kinds of people - assholes and not assholes. Assholes don't obey the law, contribute positively or have respect for others - not assholes do. Skin tone is irrelevant. Anyone can be an asshole and anyone can be a not asshole.
    If you like what you see here, please click here to donate!

11. lovemachine97(Version 2), cabomiro thanked for this post.
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Here’s an example of an asshole.

Madonna Declares ‘F**k the Police!’ After George Floyd Death

Joshua Caplan 28 May 2020

Left-wing pop icon Madonna on Wednesday lambasted all police in the wake of continued protests in Minneapolis in response to the death of George Floyd.

“Watching this Cop suffocate George Floyd with his knee on his neck, handcuffed and helpless, crying for his life with his face in the street is the most sickening, heartbreaking thing ive seen in a long time. This Officer knew he was being filmed and murdered him with arrogance and Pride. This has to stop!!” Madonna wrote in an Instagram post.

The Like a Virgin songstress then called for a ban on American carrying firearms, particularly police officers, until the country can “overcome Racism in America”

“Until we can overcome Racism in America— no one should be allowed to carry a gun. Most of all cops,” Madonna wrote. “God Bless you George Floyd Im so sorry for you and your family. And all the senseless killings that have gone before you. Will it ever end? I pray to GOD it does one day.

“Until then—Fuck The Police! Yea I said it. Im not interested in being PC. Im interested in Justice,” she concluded.

Madonna’s comments came as buildings in Minneapolis burned through the night as protesters turned to riots.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CAqck3N...4-EA8DB2F69F17

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...e-floyd-death/

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member

Donor

Achievements:

Sure, there’s no argument here. I think I sort of explored that in my last post. If someone gets what I mean, cool. If someone’s self is inextricably intertwined with the color of their skin (from a minority standpoint), cool.

What I’m saying is I don’t think people who say they don’t see color intend to erase someone’s self. What they mean is race isn’t how they judge someone.

And what I'm saying is when people say that, that is a place they have come to, and probably still struggle with at times. Michael Jordan has admitted to hating white people when he was a young kid. A girl used a slur against him and he thought all white people were in the KKK. Milwaukee Brewer Josh Hader had some racist tweets surface from when he was a teenager. Both guys life took them on a path where they actually had to coexist with people of other races. What if their life doesn't take them down that path? The color of someone's skin may still matter to them. Just like it matters to some folks, and they will always judge first based on skin color.

Edit: So to be clear. Just because a person say's they don't see skin color, I would say that simply isn't always true. For any of us.
    Last edited by Nostalgia Act; 05.28.20 at 06:37 PM.

RJD \m/

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member

Donor

Achievements:

RJD \m/

Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

LWI/WCTBL/WIL
    Last Online

Today @ 08:57 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    RookieMaster PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!5,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum Rookie-Of-The-Year

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post

Fudd, I am scared of midgets and clowns and especially midget clowns. I really feel y'all's pain.
    "Sammy was the key. He was the guy who took us to a new, higher plateau with Van Halen." Michael Anthony

Sammy Hagar did the probable. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.

"It's 1978 and you start listening to this! Goddamn, it must have been like an atomic explosion in your mind! Dantres on YouTube reacting to I'm the One.

Super Duper Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 07:45 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    i'd like to see that
    You can see it at the beginning of this video. The guy jumps onto the Cop's car, then it speeds up & he goes flying off of it onto the pavement hard!

Last edited by YankeeRose; 05.28.20 at 08:46 PM.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

D.O.A.
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Today @ 08:58 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Default Live Stream

Shit

☩ ☩ ☩

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Today @ 07:56 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeRose View Post
    You can see it at the beginning of this video. The guy jumps onto the Cop's car, then it speeds up & he goes flying off of it onto the pavement hard!

Savages

19. Wruff_ajax thanked for this post.
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Trump blasts Minneapolis mayor, vows military support if needed

Edmund DeMarche
    4 hours ago

President Trump took to Twitter early Friday to vow military support for the governor of Minnesota after another night of violent protest in Minneapolis, which included a police station being overrun and set on fire.

“I can’t stand back & watch this happen to a great American City, Minneapolis,” Trump tweeted. “A total lack of leadership. Either the very weak Radical Left Mayor, Jacob Frey, get his act together and bring the City under control, or I will send in the National Guard & get the job done right.

A second tweet continued, “These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let this happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you.”

Mayor Jacob Frey said it was his decision to evacuate the precinct.

“The symbolism of the building cannot outweigh the importance of life, our officers or the public,” he said. “We could not risk serious injury to anyone. And we will continue to patrol the Third Precinct,” he said.

Frey said Trump "knows nothing about the strength of Minneapolis. We are strong as hell. Is this a difficult time period? Yes. But you better be damn sure we are going to get through this."

Earlier in the day, Kayleigh McEnany, the White House press secretary, told reporters that the president was “very upset” when he watched the George Floyd video.

Floyd, a handcuffed black man, pleaded for air as a white police officer kneeled on his neck and died in police custody earlier this week.

It was “egregious, appalling and tragic,” McEnany said. “He wants justice to be served.” She said that the video prompted Trump to “pick up the phone” while aboard Air Force One and ask the FBI to expedite its investigation.

Trump later told Buck Sexton, the radio host, that he watched the video “like everyone else did. That was a horrible thing that I watched. Horrible.”

A police spokesman confirmed late Thursday that staff had evacuated the 3rd Precinct station, the focus of many of the protests, "in the interest of the safety of our personnel" late Thursday. Livestream video showed the protesters entering the building, where fire alarms blared and sprinklers ran as blazes were set.

Protesters could be seen setting fire to a Minneapolis Police Department jacket and cheering.

More than 500 members of the National Guard were heading to the Twin Cities region, called in by Walz, the Star Tribune of Minneapolis reported.

Floyd's death has deeply shaken Minneapolis and sparked protests in cities across the U.S. Local leaders have repeatedly urged demonstrators to avoid violence.

"Please stay home. Please do not come here to protest. Please keep the focus on George Floyd, on advancing our movement and on preventing this from ever happening again," tweeted St. Paul Mayor Melvin Carter, who is black.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...tary-if-needed

The mayor seems to be another big city fruitbat leader. Twitter just stepped in it again proving their critics right.