Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 158 12341151101 ... LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.02.16 @ 04:34 AM
    Liked 834 Times in 333 Posts

FAA Bans Flights Over Ferguson as Tensions Flare Between Police, Residents

The Federal Aviation Agency has declared a no-fly zone over Ferguson, Missouri as tensions between police and protesters continued after last weekend’s police shooting of Michael Brown.

The FAA issued a temporary flight restriction on Tuesday, prohibiting aircraft—including news helicopters—from entering the area. The agency listed the reason as “to provide a safe environment for law enforcement activities.”

The extraordinary move comes days after the shooting of Michael Brown. The 18-year-old was shot multiple times and killed by police Aug. 9. Witnesses to the shooting said Brown had his hands up and was surrendering to police. Law enforcement officials, meanwhile, said the shooting occurred after a physical confrontation with Brown and a friend.

The shooting and ensuing controversy has led to protests, looting and a strong police response in the St. Louis-area community.

A man backs away as law enforcement officials close in on him and eventually detain him during protests over the death of Michael Brown, an unarmed black teenager killed by a police officer, in Ferguson, Mo.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

12.02.16 @ 09:38 AM
    Liked 3,629 Times in 1,873 Posts

Premium Member

FAA bans low-flying aircraft over Ferguson

The tense situation in Ferguson has extended to the skies above Missouri. The Federal Aviation Administration said Tuesday that it had banned flights from operating below 3,000 feet over Ferguson, Mo., at the request of county police.

This notice says it was issued “to provide a safe environment for law enforcement activities.”

The temporary restrictions were implemented at the request of the St. Louis County Police Department. Police asked for these restrictions Monday because their helicopter was shot at “multiple times on Sunday night,” Brian Schellman, a spokesman for the police, said in an e-mail to The Post.

Following protests Sunday, some began looting stores around the Ferguson area, leaving a trail of debris in their wake. More than 30 people were arrested.

Police in St. Louis wanted the restrictions put in place “for the safety of those flying,” Schellman said.

There are various instances when such temporary flight restrictions could be implemented at the request of law enforcement groups. One rationale for the FAA in issuing such restrictions over hazard areas is to protect people in the air “from an existing or imminent hazard,” according to the FAA’s site.

These restrictions are likely to impact news helicopters, which typically fly under 3,000 feet.

Several other notices were issued Tuesday, including some aimed at clearing the airspace over California, Oregon and Montana for firefighting operations.

The notice was issued Tuesday and lasts through Monday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...over-ferguson/

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.02.16 @ 08:06 AM
    Liked 677 Times in 472 Posts

Premium Member

Some nasty stuff going on there.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Last Online

11.29.16 @ 07:50 AM
    Liked 826 Times in 487 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

It sounds like officials don't want us to see it.

Last Online

Premium Member

Last Online

12.02.16 @ 08:30 AM
    Liked 780 Times in 549 Posts

Premium Member

Sickening.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Last Online

12.02.16 @ 08:30 AM
    Liked 780 Times in 549 Posts

Premium Member
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 05:16 AM
    Liked 1,394 Times in 702 Posts

People are fucking nuts. Ferguson, while not the best area, certainly isn't a crime ridden area that most of the inner city is. What's so frustrating about this is that the flames are being fanned by the media and "leaders" trying to capitalize on the situation.

Look, no one knows exactly what happened that day, but it's safe to say St. Louis County police officers aren't going out of their way to shoot random black kids. The FBI and Justice Department are handling the investigation, so there is literally nothing to complain about at this stage. People are coming from all over the area (and country) and are trying to ratchet this up to something it isn't.

The truth will come out in the investigation, so all these cries of "no justice, no peace," are basically an excuse to go out and create havoc until their thirst for blood is quenched. They want the name of the officer released before he's been charged. Why? So the public can come to their own conclusion and put his family in danger? They want him to be charged with murder before the investigation has even concluded. Why? Because they already made up their mind.

In the meantime, morons are using it as an excuse to go out and burn down a convenience store that had nothing to do with it, loot for some Air Jordans and hair weaves, and spray paint "kill the police" on every surface imaginable.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

The Huffington Post's Ryan J. Reilly and the Washington Post's Wesley Lowery were arrested Wednesday evening while covering the protests in Ferguson, Missouri after the death of unarmed black teenager Michael Brown, who was shot by a police officer last week.

SWAT officers roughed up the reporters inside a McDonald's, where both journalists were working. Reilly snapped a photo, prompting cops to request his identification.

"The officer in question, who I repeatedly later asked for his name, grabbed my things and shoved them into my bag," said Reilly, who appeared on MSNBC's "All In with Chris Hayes" shortly after his release to recount the arrest. "He used his finger to put a pressure point on my neck."

"They essentially acted as a military force. It was incredible," Reilly said. "The worst part was he slammed my head against the glass purposefully on the way out of McDonald's and then sarcastically apologized for it."

Reilly said it will be difficult to hold the officer "accountable for his actions," as the officer did not respond to Reilly's repeated requests for his name or other identification. He said he can't be "100 percent sure" whether the officer was aware that he's a reporter, "but that really shouldn't matter in this equation."

Reilly believes he was arrested because he declined to present the officer his identification when asked for it, he said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5676829.html

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Missouri State Senator Said She Was Tear Gassed, Questioned Police Response In Ferguson, Mo.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/alisonvingia...ferguson-asked

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    The Huffington Post's Ryan J. Reilly and the Washington Post's Wesley Lowery were arrested Wednesday evening while covering the protests in Ferguson, Missouri after the death of unarmed black teenager Michael Brown, who was shot by a police officer last week.

SWAT officers roughed up the reporters inside a McDonald's, where both journalists were working. Reilly snapped a photo, prompting cops to request his identification.

"The officer in question, who I repeatedly later asked for his name, grabbed my things and shoved them into my bag," said Reilly, who appeared on MSNBC's "All In with Chris Hayes" shortly after his release to recount the arrest. "He used his finger to put a pressure point on my neck."

"They essentially acted as a military force. It was incredible," Reilly said. "The worst part was he slammed my head against the glass purposefully on the way out of McDonald's and then sarcastically apologized for it."

Reilly said it will be difficult to hold the officer "accountable for his actions," as the officer did not respond to Reilly's repeated requests for his name or other identification. He said he can't be "100 percent sure" whether the officer was aware that he's a reporter, "but that really shouldn't matter in this equation."

Reilly believes he was arrested because he declined to present the officer his identification when asked for it, he said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5676829.html
    Cheers at the attempts to block out the media vultures. The law enforcement already has an impossible task of keeping things under control without having their every move reported on and twisted.

This article is the perfect example of the bastards not getting what they want so somehow the big story they are after becomes about them.

Just think... one tragic event fueled by lack of understanding and patience is all it takes to turn any police force in our country into a force of pure evil.

I should probably just shut the fuck up, but there is no way the media can do anything but complicate and abuse the information coming out of Ferguson.

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    Missouri State Senator Said She Was Tear Gassed, Questioned Police Response In Ferguson, Mo.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/alisonvingia...ferguson-asked
    Seriously?

"State senator Maria Chapelle Nadal taken into police custody"

MariaChappelleNadal @MariaChappelleN

@eyokley @BmoreConetta No I wasn't! I'm on the street

7:40 PM - 13 Aug 14

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 05:16 AM
    Liked 1,394 Times in 702 Posts

They were back at it again last night. If you watch the national news, like CNN, you'd get the impression the police are out just shooting people with rubber bullets and tear gas because they need to get their jollies (or because they saw a crowd of black people).

In reality, the police told everyone they could peacefully assemble all day, but that they wanted the streets cleared by 9 pm to avoid the incidents of the last few nights and so the people in that neighborhood can get some peace and quiet. Shortly before 9 pm, protesters started hurling bottles and molotov cocktails at the police, causing them to advance on the crowds to break them up. What the national media is showing is the police advancing, firing tear gas, flash bangs, and rubber bullets.

They also keep showing cell phone footage of a guy (the uncle) walking up to Michael Brown's body after the police roped off the area. CNN describes it as the "family not being allowed to see his body and being kept away." In reality, the police are trying to secure the crime scene and make sure the investigation isn't hampered by someone planting or removing evidence, intentionally or unintentionally.

And those two reporters removed from the McDonalds?

McDonalds called the police to clear the crowd out of there because there was a crowd inside the McDonalds not buying anything and just using their Wifi. The police were just getting them out because the business didn't want them there.

For the media, it appears to be more about their agenda than actually reporting the facts.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

12.02.16 @ 09:35 AM
    Liked 11,814 Times in 5,785 Posts

Premium Member

I see Reverend Sharpton was there, helping out as usual.

No wonder he can't pay his taxes, all that humanitarian work he does takes away from his ability to make a living.

Fucking hypocrite, I can't stand that fool.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!