Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

02.10.17 @ 03:20 AM
    Liked 332 Times in 182 Posts

Default EVH/Sly Stallone annecdote

I was just listening to a new interview with a guy called Matt Hannon who starred in the 1991 film Samurai Cop, which is a personal fav of mine. This guy had been listed as deceased on the imdb.com site for the past 3 years, but has suddenly come out of nowhere to reveal he's still alive and is filming a sequel, so I was pretty interested to check the interview out

about half way through this 2 hour interview he starts talking about the days in the mid 80s when he was Sly Stallone's bodyguard, and he starts telling this story which I have transcribed as best I can. (the interview can be streamed here, this particular bit comes in when the timer hits -1:05:50):

There was a time when Sly lived in Malibu on a road called Broadbeach (?) road and there was another celebrity that lived down the way, Valerie Bertinelli and her husband at the time, I can't remember what his name...uh...the... Wolfgang, not Wolfgang, what's his son that plays guitar for uh....whoever Valerie Bertinelli's first husband was...But anyway he was a couple of doors down from Sly, and Sly came tearing down the road and apparently this guy didn't like that he did that and yelled something to Sly and Sly pulled over and got out and now they're having this argument and I went to slow down because I had a turbo porche, and he was just being like anyone else just having a little fun on a private road...well Voyo (sp?) our Russian friend, he pulls up behind Sly on the chase car and I see Sly and this guy face to face, Voyo jumps out and he just goes after this guy, and he's in his face grabbin' him, and Sly literally has to jump on Voyo's back and starts choking him trying to pull him off cause he knows 'I can't be having you do this, I'm gonna get sued!'...this is the kind of stuff that would go on.
    - the guy "Voyo" is Sly's other bodyguard who was also on duty at the time.

So EVH and Sly had a standoff, ending with Sly pulling his own bodyguard off Ed?! I just thought that was pretty funny, and I've not heard that before, has anyone else?

What I find amazing is this guy knew Valerie and Wolf's names but couldn't remember EVH I believe he's genuine though. maybe just not a rock fan!

(Matt Hannon is the guy seen in the background in this pic: http://www.80spicturehouse.co.uk/wp-...MattandSly.jpg )
    Last edited by fat worm; 07.30.14 at 03:51 AM.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:22 PM
    Liked 278 Times in 100 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by fat worm View Post
    I was just listening to a new interview with a guy called Matt Hannon who starred in the 1991 film Samurai Cop, which is a personal fav of mine. This guy had been listed as deceased on the imdb.com site for the past 3 years, but has suddenly come out of nowhere to reveal he's still alive and is filming a sequel, so I was pretty interested to check the interview out

about half way through this 2 hour interview he starts talking about the days in the mid 80s when he was Sly Stallone's bodyguard, and he starts telling this story which I have transcribed as best I can. (the interview can be streamed here, this particular bit comes in when the timer hits -1:05:50):

- the guy "Voyo" is Sly's other bodyguard who was also on duty at the time.

So EVH and Sly had a standoff, ending with Sly pulling his own bodyguard off Ed?! I just thought that was pretty funny, and I've not heard that before, has anyone else?

What I find amazing is this guy knew Valerie and Wolf's names but couldn't remember EVH I believe he's genuine though. maybe just not a rock fan!

(Matt Hannon is the guy seen in the background in this pic: http://www.80spicturehouse.co.uk/wp-...MattandSly.jpg )
    Cool little story, although I think he remembers Eddie. Just playing around a little with the interviewer.
    For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge the New England Fucking Patriots, Dallas Fucking Cowboys, New York Fucking Giants, Washington Fucking Redskins, Carolina Fucking Panthers, Tampa Bay Fucking Bucs, Florida Fucking Marlins, Atlanta Fucking Braves, New York Fucking Mets, Boston Fucking Red Sox, Boston Fucking Bruins, and New Jersey Fucking Devils.

( . Y . ) Boobs!

\m/ \m/
    / / v \ \

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 07:58 PM
    Liked 2,801 Times in 1,450 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fat worm View Post
    he starts talking about the days in the mid 80s ...
    That's an understatement! Much more accurate to say he was living under a rock if he didn't know about VH in the mid-80s. "what's his son that plays guitar for uh....whoever"...

...Yeah right. He had to have been playing around there. You would be hard pressed to not know about VH if you were living in Nebraska....much less working for a guy who lived next door to EVH himself! ....In LA!

Last Online

haha...true.... but I listened to this guy talk for 2 hours, and I honestly don't think he was fooling around there, I think he genuinely had some kind of random 'brain-blank' moment

either way, it was an amusing story so I thought I'd share it

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

08.21.17 @ 09:32 PM
    Liked 2,028 Times in 1,265 Posts

This story sounds questionable. Ed had fast cars galore, I'm sure he did the same thing. It's also quite a distance from the house to the road., with a giant gate. I'm pretty sure Ed isn't bionic.

I would also think once Ed saw it was Sly he might've relaxed a bit....cuz it was Rocky/Rambo.

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:27 PM
    Liked 260 Times in 114 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    It's also quite a distance from the house to the road., with a giant gate. I'm pretty sure Ed isn't bionic.
    Think you may have your houses confused. The beach house is right on Broadbeach road.
    His music career faded faster than an eight ball in front of Lindsay Lohan. - Dave's Dreidel

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

08.21.17 @ 09:32 PM
    Liked 2,028 Times in 1,265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wrr20891 View Post
    Think you may have your houses confused. The beach house is right on Broadbeach road.
    I must be thinking of another house. The one I remember had distance frorm the house to the road....with a gate.

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:27 PM
    Liked 260 Times in 114 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    I must be thinking of another house. The one I remember had distance frorm the house to the road....with a gate.
    You're probably thinking of Ed's house next to 5150, it meets that description.
    His music career faded faster than an eight ball in front of Lindsay Lohan. - Dave's Dreidel

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away
    Last Online

12.06.15 @ 07:04 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

So the guy knows that Wolfgang, Eddies son plays in the band, but cant remember the band or Eddie? Most VH fans couldn't even tell you that!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:50 PM
    Liked 4,792 Times in 2,444 Posts

Premium Member

Well its good that Stallone and his body guard didn't come to blows with Eddie. I doubt they were wearing any sort of genital protection devices like a cup.

Yes I went there.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    ...I doubt they were wearing any sort of genital protection devices like a cup.

Yes I went there.
    Sly is a class act.

Favorite VH Album

5150/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams/Blood and Fire
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:48 PM
    Liked 784 Times in 473 Posts

Wow, that's a couple threads now where another favorite star of mine fucked with a member of Van Halen. First Sly, then a member of Zeppelin, what's next--Chevy Chase and Seinfeld pinning Diamond Dave down and farting on his head?
    Dave
    VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

Stats:
    BECAME FAN/PSYCHO: 12/91
    VAN HALEN WITH DAVE: 9x
    VAN HALEN WITH SAMMY: 8x
    VAN HALEN WITH GARY: 5x
    CHICKENFOOT/THE CIRCLE: 6x
    DAVE SOLO: 13x
    SAMMY SOLO: 15x (including MIKE/MONTROSE)
    GARY/EXTREME/TRIBE OF JUDAH/HURTSMILE: 7x
    CABO WABO CANTINA: 1x
    MET: Sammy 1x, Dave almost 1x, Gary 2x

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Well its good that Stallone and his body guard didn't come to blows with Eddie. I doubt they were wearing any sort of genital protection devices like a cup.

Yes I went there.

by the way if anyone want to see this guy Matt Hannon in action, here's a clip from samurai cop

(more or less safe for work, but you probably don't want to let anyone catch you watching this clip)
    Last edited by fat worm; 08.02.14 at 02:41 AM.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Space
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:46 PM
    Liked 559 Times in 303 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by VH!! View Post
    So the guy knows that Wolfgang, Eddies son plays in the band, but cant remember the band or Eddie? Most VH fans couldn't even tell you that!
    Anyone can have a brain cramp. It happens.
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. -
    Jimmy V