Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 11:54 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    Intresting post. Probably better fit in the opinions forum though, so I'll throw it over there to be continued [img]smile.gif[/img]
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

all of em
    Favorite VH Song

all of em
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You know, I've been listening to Van Halen since I was 12 years old. I'm 30 now. Personally, the day David Lee Roth left the band, it was stunning to me and I remember laying in bed, wondering if would ever get the chance to see the original line up walk on stage together again in my lifetime. Needless to say, I was a huge fan. The reason I say "was" is because if I take my emotions away for a minute and take a look at the facts of this bands latest situation, only one word comes to mind, and its: pathetic. Van Halen has really turned into something of a sick joke, compared to its former glory. David Lee Roth has turned into a balding geezer, who's once amusing quick lip has turned into non comprehensible jibber jabber. Am I the only one who can't understand what the fuck the guy is talking about when I read transcripts of the latest interviews? Fuck, I love what the guy did for Van Halen in the 80's but he's a fucking dinosaur now! Some may say its only entertainment, but would any of you pay to see your own balding grandfathers jerking off to booze bottles? Eddie seems to have run out of any material that will kick my face in and I think Me Wise Magic proves that. Good tune, but it's definatly not Everybody Wants Some or Unchained. The bullshit of going through three singers makes them completly laughable. Although some bands may lose a drummer or guitar player, when you lose the VOICE of your band three times, you should definalty consider packing it in as listners will never take you seriously. "Hey, hear that Van Halen tune."
    "You mean the Van Halen with that guy that jumps around and kicks and shit?!
    "No."
    "You mean the Van Halen with the chunky guy that sings those ballads?"
    "No"
    "You mean the Van Halen......
    Get my point? Now, there is absolutly no news from the band at all. Why did Van Halen have to be such lame asses, why did I have to love this band so much?! It's a curse! If this was any other band I would have been laughing my ass off, but this was the great Van Halen. In reality, this horse is sick and theres only one solution. "Pa. Get the gun." I can't believe I'm saying all this even now, but my patience is worn out. Listening to the people writting in on these forums is getting SO FUCKING BORING! Its the same shit day in day out, "Wher's Ed. Whats with the band? Whens the new tour? This singer sucks. That singer rules." This band is dead. New music has been made folks. I went to see the Scorpians two or three years ago in Ontario. Man, what a sad show and did I ever feel wierd (at 27) sitting next to women with leathery skin and saggy boobs. Not to mention the greasy rocker guys who wreeked of liqour and chicken wings, with their bandanas and leather tassles blowing in the wind. The band going through the same routine of yesteryear, oblivious of the fact that the world has moved on without them. Could a Van Halen reunion be much different. If this was 1992, chances are a Van Halen reunion would have kicked ass as the boys still had some steam in the engine. Seeing that this is 2002 and the rock scene is pretty much dead, it'll take more than our desire to have Van Halen turn the music world on its ear, it'll take a miracle! (or a time machine.) Now excuse me while I go and spin some records on my tables.

Didn't mean to offend anyone, just fed up and totally pissed that things werent different. Whew, I feel better now!

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 3
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Some good points in there!!!

But what about guys like me. Im only 20 and the first time I heard Van Halen was with Sammy Hagar singing dreams.

I thought the day Sammy left was the day Van Halen died.

who is to say if Van Halen is dead yet??
    "Jebe Ga"

Last Online

06.22.09 @ 10:04 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BEZEK KNOWS BEST View Post
    Some good points in there!!!

But what about guys like me. Im only 20 and the first time I heard Van Halen was with Sammy Hagar singing dreams.

I thought the day Sammy left was the day Van Halen died.

who is to say if Van Halen is dead yet??

Sam didn't have a gut back in the 80s

VH with Dave and Sam were valid but Ed got to a point where for some reason he couldn't work with either of them....and now he can't work with Mike. So to me it's alot more Ed's problem and fault then the other 3

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some
    Last Online

01.21.12 @ 03:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you scraped all the mold off of this thread, you'd have a quart of Penicillin.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 07:36 AM
    Liked 2,380 Times in 1,485 Posts

Premium Member

Shit....love those 9yr old recycled threads ..things have not changed much just some of us have less hair and money. Yes it is in the PAST
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2! View Post
    If you scraped all the mold off of this thread, you'd have a quart of Penicillin.

Lmao..sorry I saw it at the bottom of the page and was reading it..I didn't realize it was so old....then again....it's not my fault they're so old

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Shit....love those 9yr old recycled threads ..things have not changed much just some of us have less hair and money. Yes it is in the PAST

Yes much like Van Halen and their music but people still got their buttholes all in a pucker about it last year. Almost as if they were sheeply Christians witnessing the resurrection of the messiah(s) in the flesh. Too bad one of the original messiahs couldn't make it due to two of the other original messiahs being a couple of tools in a dickbag belt

Unchained
    Last Online

11.01.15 @ 04:47 PM
    Liked 22 Times in 9 Posts

Was this thread started before the release of VH1?