Thread: Unexpected ngd

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

01.07.16 @ 05:41 PM
    Liked 66 Times in 29 Posts

Default Unexpected ngd

Well, was a gc this morning visiting a friend of mine and saw this beast. Ive been eyeballing these for years but could never get over that $4500 tag. Well, a deal and a half came up and we worked out a trade and she came home! It really is an amazing guitar. I can honestly say though, throughout all the years Ive been playing I would have never thought I'd buy an Ibanez lol. Played, sounded, felt and smoked the HELL out of my EVH so away it went. Brand spanking new! Its been a while since Ive bought an actual new guitar. Have another nod incoming too.
    Whats interesting is its loaded with a dimarzio tone zone and air norton which is pretty much the ebmm axis pups so it sounds close to an axis but with more girth behind it. Also means Ive been able to coax out a fairly close evh tone.

Last Online

11.01.14 @ 11:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

looks sick brah. The higher end Ibanez's are no joke!

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:00 AM
    Liked 378 Times in 224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lessthanone View Post
    Well, was a gc this morning visiting a friend of mine and saw this beast. Ive been eyeballing these for years but could never get over that $4500 tag. Well, a deal and a half came up and we worked out a trade and she came home! It really is an amazing guitar. I can honestly say though, throughout all the years Ive been playing I would have never thought I'd buy an Ibanez lol. Played, sounded, felt and smoked the HELL out of my EVH so away it went. Brand spanking new! Its been a while since Ive bought an actual new guitar. Have another nod incoming too.
    Whats interesting is its loaded with a dimarzio tone zone and air norton which is pretty much the ebmm axis pups so it sounds close to an axis but with more girth behind it. Also means Ive been able to coax out a fairly close evh tone.
    Yes those pickups are exactly as you stated. Pretty much the same. My main guitar is a USA Wolfgang Stealth. If I still played out I'd go back to Ibanez. For some reason I play better on them. I've still got my original guitar. A 1987 RG550 in desert sun yellow. First time I played an RG3120 prestige model I said if I was an endorsed artist, this would be my signature guitar. Same pickups in that too minus the middle single coil. It's a great combo. They are in the new RG655 too, which I plan on buying in 2015. No new gear for a bit.

Beautiful guitar! Congrats!!

Eruption
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 10:33 PM
    Liked 266 Times in 142 Posts

Premium Member

That July 4th sale at the GC killed me. I got a new amber EBMM Axis Tribute for $600 less than my pink one cost. I had to take it home. Had to do it. I used it for the whole gig this past Fri. and it ran like a top.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
    That July 4th sale at the GC killed me. I got a new amber EBMM Axis Tribute for $600 less than my pink one cost. I had to take it home. Had to do it. I used it for the whole gig this past Fri. and it ran like a top.
    From what Ive been told by more than a few people theres a reason behind the recent price slashes of ebmm, prs etc. Hence how I got this ridiculous high end guitar for a price so low I won't even bother putting it up lol.

Eruption
    Last Online

Premium Member

There's no shortage of rumors as to why they give stuff away like they do. I don't know how they make any money on that stuff. Selling new EVH Wolfs with case for $499, new Axis Tributes for $1259, etc. But that's how I like to buy my gear.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

There's no shortage of rumors as to why they give stuff away like they do. I don't know how they make any money on that stuff. Selling new EVH Wolfs with case for $499, new Axis Tributes for $1259, etc. But that's how I like to buy my gear.
    Me too! I only buy deals. I got this for hundreds less than they sell for used....

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 07:21 PM
    Liked 45 Times in 22 Posts

Wow. Is there a link to buy online, or is this done and dusted now..?

Eruption
    Last Online

Premium Member

No, those are two deals I got in October and last weekend, respectively. Just gotta be in the right place at the right time. Another GC here let a blue EBMM EVH in excellent shape go for $1000 about two mos. ago. It hung on the wall for three weeks and those were about the only three consecutive weeks I hadn't been in there for years.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by James the 2nd View Post
    Wow. Is there a link to buy online, or is this done and dusted now..?
    The EBMM price drop is still good until the end of the month but you have to call around to find them. As far as the EVH prices go, while I was buying this one I noticed the Natick Ma guitar center had some of the EVH Wolfgang specials in white priced down to $500