Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind Of Truth!!
    Favorite VH Song

Stay Frosty Whooooo! Look Out!
    Last Online

12.03.17 @ 07:20 AM
    Liked 154 Times in 114 Posts

Donor

The mighty Van Halen live in 2008 Somebody Get Me A Doctor!!!

Is theeya a blues fan up in this camp tonight-a?

Who heeya can name the song references and the original artists in this a heeya Somebody Get Me A Doctor medley??

EPIC!!
    Last edited by Blind Lemon Loons; 07.08.14 at 05:22 PM. Reason: A how how how how!! Well well well...yezz yeah, baby!!...oooh well well...alright alright nahh nahh yezz
    ASHES TO ASHES...DUST TO DUST...IF THE WOMEN DON'T GET YA, THE WHISKEY MUST!!...

"I used to play the blues alone in all the local joints," he explained. 'The only thing that I can really play on guitar to this day is the blues. I heard Doc Watson and his son playing 15 years ago, and from there I got into Leadbelly and John Lee Hooker."--DLR

If you pay attention -- what I sing, the guitar sings, too, and what the guitar says, I say.--Mississippi Fred McDowell

Good Enough ED'S A 20THCENTURY MOZART's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Like em all. even III. ;}
    Favorite VH Song

A Lot!
    Last Online

09.08.16 @ 05:36 PM
    Liked 116 Times in 66 Posts

Certainly is.

awesome....
    I DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' CLICK!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:48 AM
    Liked 109 Times in 44 Posts

Great version... where is that Dave Roth? No squeals - strong voice, great pitch, warm blues ...

Hang 'Em High Blind Lemon Loons's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

blues call and response...well, I don't need no doctoh!

The mighty, mighty Van Halen sends up some Born Under A Bad Sign in this SICK VERSION of that ol' Somebody Get Me A Doctor medley from Seattle, WA on 12/3/2007!!

Van Halen mightily sends up some Mississippi Queen in the middle of Somebody Get Me A Doctor 2/20/2008 !!
    Last edited by Blind Lemon Loons; 07.11.14 at 12:31 PM.
    ASHES TO ASHES...DUST TO DUST...IF THE WOMEN DON'T GET YA, THE WHISKEY MUST!!...

"I used to play the blues alone in all the local joints," he explained. 'The only thing that I can really play on guitar to this day is the blues. I heard Doc Watson and his son playing 15 years ago, and from there I got into Leadbelly and John Lee Hooker."--DLR

If you pay attention -- what I sing, the guitar sings, too, and what the guitar says, I say.--Mississippi Fred McDowell

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

The Amazing Van Halen Family Travelling Band & Orchestra!!
    6/2/2008
    Grand Rapids, MI

Gloria (Them)!! / Magic Bus (The Who)

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

Detroit City!!

David Lee Roth - Somebody Get Me A Doctor/I Don't Need No Doctor/Good Lovin'
    live at DTE Energy Music Theatre in Detroit 8/19/06

Heeya we see just a snippet of what would turn into an often extended medley on Van Halen's 2007-2008 Tour...D-Ro throws in some raspy I Don't Need No Doctor and Good Lovin' starting at just about the 2 minute mark!

Well I woke up this mornin' feelin' so bad
    And I went to the family doctor to see just what I had...

Last edited by Blind Lemon Loons; 07.13.14 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Well, I don't need no doctor!!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

Somebody somewhere tell me it ain't fair!!

Somebody Get Me A Doctor/Can I Get A Witness?
    live in Greensboro, NC 4/21/2012

And then the Somebody Get Me A Doctor medley morphed into a blues-shoutin', motown and brownsound epic-al finale!!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

Don't laugh at me, Alex!

The benediction!/Romeo Delight/Stairway To Heaven/Magic Bus
    The mighty, mighty Van Halen live in Baltimore, MD 5/15/2008

Ok so you got Dave Roth doing a Jim Morrison imitation of a Led Zeppelin song during a Who riff here at a Van Halen concert, don't fuckin' tell me you're not getting your money's worth tonight!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

And Rocky said, doc it's only a scratch

The mighty Van Halen - Somebody Get Me A Doctor live in New Orleans 2/8/2008

This version is cool from jump street because it's in New Orleans! At just before the 3 minute mark, Diamond Dave throws in some Ray Charles, The Beatles (Rocky Raccoon), Good Lovin', and then the band jams on Spoonful!! Nothin' but yeah!! And David Lee Roth throws in some spontaneous rhymes about New Orleans and Louisiana during his Medicine Man-ish Boy harmonica intro!
    Last edited by Blind Lemon Loons; 07.13.14 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Eddie Van Halen plays the fuckin' blues in the house tonight!!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

And the night come down...

Somebody Get Me A Doctor including a FACE-MELTING, EVIL version of Spoonful!!
    The mighty, mighty Van Halen live at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee, WI 4.28.2008!!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

I'm going to post the rarest jam in my collection in this a here thread...on Stormy Monday!!!!!!!

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 180 Times in 57 Posts

Good to see Mr. Loons testifyin'

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

That ol' Motown Browndsound sound!!

benediction/Romeo Delight/In The Midnight Hour

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

You gotta know how to pony like a Boney Maronie!!

I believe In The Midnight Hour has long been rumored to have been recorded for 1984 along with Mustang Sally. David Lee Roth sang some more Wilson Wicked Pickett in 2006 on his radio show when Pickett slipped away from this life. I always dug Roth's version of She's Lookin' Good from Diamond Dave, too.

Thank you to the taper and seeder of these recordings.

Thank you to Van Halen for 2 incredible tours since 2006 and one killer record! I appreciate every live version of Ice Cream Man!

There are some rarities from the last 2 tours that I believe have yet to be discovered...I would bet my bottom dollar!

I know there's a whole lotta more cool references D-Ro and King Edward have made...Humble Pie Performance Rockin' The Fillmore...Do You Believe In Magic?...Theme From Hamm's...Ladies Night...Free Ride...If I Needed Someone...Talkin' Fishing Blues...there's a Zeppelin jam at the end of either Alex's solo or King Edward's solo from the same show as In The Midnight Hour...

I would love to unearth a recording of It's Your Thing from the club days! Or a James Brown cover. Or a Kool And The Gang cover.

King Edward's riff for In The Midnight Hour is bombastic, van-tastic, and enthusiastic! And Diamond Dave sparkles like a diamond on this a here jam! It's a blues shout. Or an ol' school RNB crunchfunk thing!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

Listen Conductor !!

Romeo Delight/Sunshine Of Your Love/Magic Bus
    The mighty, mighty Van Halen live in Sweet Home Chicago 5-30-2008!!

Magic Bus/Romeo Delight
    Van Halen live in St. Louie 4.26.2008
    Last edited by Blind Lemon Loons; 07.18.14 at 05:55 AM.