Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default America: Imagine a World without Her

Is America a source of pride, as Americans have long held, or shame, as Progressives allege? Beneath an innocent exterior, are our lives complicit in a national project of theft, expropriation, oppression, and murder, or is America still the hope of the world?

New York Times bestselling author Dinesh D'Souza says these questions are no mere academic exercise. It is the Progressive view that is taught in our schools, that is preached by Hollywood, and that shapes the policies of the Obama administration. If America is a force for inequality and injustice in the world, its power deserves to be diminished; if traditional America is based on oppression and theft, then traditional America must be reformed—and the federal government can do the reforming.

In America: Imagine a World without Her D'Souza offers a passionate and sharply reasoned defense of America, knocking down every important accusation made by Progressives against our country.

Provocative in its analysis, stunning in its conclusions, Dinesh D'Souza's America will be the most talked about book of the year.

COSTCO REMOVING D'SOUZA'S 'AMERICA' FROM SHELVES
    Bestseller disappearing as companion movie hits theaters

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/07/costco-re...a-from-shelves

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:32 AM
    Liked 866 Times in 508 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Yawn.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too Many!
    Last Online

12.04.14 @ 11:23 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

I wonder how long it will be before someone whines that it's "offensive"....
    Love should NOT be work, it should be as easy as breathing Dave's Dreidel

My god, our government has less secrets than Van Halen. Emperor Brett

I'm a Democrat and an Atheist, but I've yet to receive my ticket to Hell. Is this something I call Live Nation about or what? JakeK21

I feel it takes far more energy to hate than love. Well outside of Obamacare, How Many Say I and Heineken beer. ziggysmalls

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:44 PM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

That sounds like an excelent read, going to put that on the list after "Liberty and Tyranny". I don't want to fill myself full of too much far right leaning reading but with the amount of liberal shit we are fed on a minute to minute basis nowadays it might balance out the bullshit.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:19 AM
    Liked 741 Times in 408 Posts

Premium Member

I'll answer the question the book asks...the world would be shit. Period.

Ya, it's fun to poke fun at some of the goof ball things that the US does - but to even imagine a world w/o her is a joke.

If it's an academic question, to provoke discussion, interesting. If it's to facilitate a nonsense political agenda, I've no interest in reading it.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 801 Times in 436 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I'll answer the question the book asks...the world would be shit. Period.

Ya, it's fun to poke fun at some of the goof ball things that the US does - but to even imagine a world w/o her is a joke.

If it's an academic question, to provoke discussion, interesting. If it's to facilitate a nonsense political agenda, I've no interest in reading it.
    America has done a lot of good for the world, literally saving portions of it at times. But like any big country with resource and territorial demands, America has also done terrible things. It built itself on the backs of slaves, annexed land by force and fraud and murdered and/or displaced millions. To raise its status on the world stage, it entered WWI, and though we won that war, there is strong historical evidence that war was about to end in stalemate until we tipped the balance and ensured four more years and millions more dead in a war that had nothing to do with us. Our involvement also relieved Russian involvement, allowing Bolsheviks who were about to end their civil war with Mensheviks to get the upper hand. That tyrannical regime eventually murdered 20 million people. We, along with European allies, forced embarrassing and draconian surrender terms on Germany, which basically led to WWII.

In World War II, we liberated Europe and portions of Africa. But meanwhile, blacks who had been "free" since just after the civil war were still second class citizens who, when they tried to vote, were hosed down in the street and still could be lynched for being suspected of raping white girls. In the 1950s we fomented a coup in Iran, throwing out their democratically elected government and setting the stage for the revolution that made it what it is today, a theocratic shithole run by religious goons. In the 1980s, we aided the collapse of the Iraqi government, helping to bring to power a bloodthirsty tyrant, who leveraged our military aid to gas Iranians as well as people in his own country. And in the 2000s we decided he "had to go" and conducted an 11-year nation-building experiment that converted that country from a totalitarian nightmare into a steaming shithole of terror and civil war.

Our government once marched black children past vicious, brain-dead rednecks to attend school in Alabama. But that same government gave black soldiers VD on purpose just to see what would happen. And in WWI, qualified black pilots had to enlist in the French Army to fight for freedom. That's just embarrassing. And THAT's just the shit at the top of my head.

There is good and bad about us. But ignoring the bad is probably the LEAST patriotic thing you can do. I haven't read it, but the book looks like a piece of propaganda, a strawman argument to "justify" how wonderful America is because some people happen to point out that we haven't always lived up to our own expectations of freedom for all.

As an ideal, America has always been a wonderful place. But in reality, we have struggled to even approach our claims of the world's last hope for freedom.

TK

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 2,386 Times in 1,488 Posts

Premium Member

Started to think about that myself and lets just say if you think this world is a clusterfuck now well it would be a quadruple clusterfuck with no USA.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:09 AM
    Liked 1,481 Times in 903 Posts

The U.S. is where I was born, raised and will live my life.
    Sure there are problems with the country but there are still plenty of great things about it.

Freedom is at the top of the list.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 07:18 AM
    Liked 7,853 Times in 4,586 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    The U.S. is where I was born, raised and will live my life.
    Sure there are problems with the country but there are still plenty of great things about it.

Freedom is at the top of the list.
    I think, this is perhaps, the most I've ever seen written by you!