Save
Page 81 of 86 FirstFirst ... 317178798081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1284
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

11.15.18 @ 03:41 PM
    Liked 221 Times in 128 Posts

I'm again cautiously optimistic about this. Sounds interesting, but man I hope this isn't an "EVH is the devil" album. The idea sounds like some undertones that were brought out in various tracks of the two CF albums.

But if Satch is in the next studio recording, WTF is CF not recording!!!!!!????

Last Online

11.15.18 @ 04:50 PM
    Liked 8,895 Times in 4,788 Posts

Premium Member

Sammy Hagar appears in Fontana Police Department's lip sync video

https://www.fontanaheraldnews.com/en...610d72d56.html

3. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Good Enough Dont disturb my Paradise's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

5150. F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

5150. Summer nights.
    Last Online

10.27.18 @ 11:09 PM
    Liked 249 Times in 145 Posts

What is understood need not be discussed

"Dont disturb my paradise. I've asked you once. I've asked you nice" - "SERIOUS JU JU"

"I am in a blissful state. Dont bug me!!!" - Richard Dreyfuss "The Goodbye girl" 1977

Last Online

Premium Member

Sammy Hagar Hopes for Validation With His New Album, Space Between

Sammy Hagar can tell you a thing or two about money. And he should know — he has lots of it.

Hagar's penchant for excess is legendary. He throws himself epic birthday bashes that last for days, sometimes weeks. He owns homes in California, Hawaii, and Mexico, replete with a garage full of bad-ass cars, including the 1982 Ferrari 512 BB from the music video “I Can’t Drive 55.”

He's a poster child for the adage “Go big or go home” and works as hard as he plays. Hagar is an author, a radio DJ, and a TV host. His fondness for cooking has spawned ten restaurants, and his lust for partying begat two über-successful liquor brands.

And, oh yeah, he sings and plays guitar too.

Hagar will lay it all out at the Hard Rock Event Center this Saturday, September 15, when he performs with his current band, the Circle. It includes former Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony, Vic Johnson of the Busboys, and Jason Bonham, son of the late Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham.

Hagar is best known for his time with Van Halen, or "Van Hagar," as the band was dubbed after Hagar supplanted notorious frontman David Lee Roth in 1985. The move prompted an impassioned debate among both fans and critics. But Hagar's work spoke for itself, and Van Halen’s subsequent induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 2007 solidified Hagar’s standing as one of the greatest singer-songwriters in the history of rock.

His powerhouse vocals are soulful, rich, and unmistakable. From his early work in Montrose (“Rock Candy,” “Bad Motor Scooter”) to his solo career (“I Can’t Drive 55,” “Your Love Is Driving Me Crazy,” “Heavy Metal,” “There’s Only One Way to Rock”) and his time with Van Halen, his impressive vocal range has endured unadulterated.

Hagar knows everyone, and everyone knows Hagar. In the world of rock, there are only two degrees of Sammy Hagar. But it was his collaborations with Eddie Van Halen that Hagar credits for some of his most timeless masterpieces. “When we hit magic, we hit magic,” Hagar says of hits such as “Finish What Ya Started,” “Love Walks In,” “When It’s Love,” “Top of the World,” and “Right Now.”

Although Hagar has not spoken to either Eddie Van Halen or David Lee Roth for years, he says he would welcome a Van Halen reunion. But he’s not holding his breath. “I threw the line in the water... and there were no nibbles on the bait.”

So Hagar rocks on without them, and, yes, he knows a thing or two about money. And he likes it. What he doesn’t like is greed. And that space, that perilous space between money and greed, is the foundation for his forthcoming concept album with the Circle, Space Between.

“It’s about the misconception that money is the root of all evil, because the truth of the matter is, that it isn’t money at all,” Hagar says. “You can feed the poor, you can heal the sick, you can make people happy, you can stop a war with money, but it’s greed that is the problem. That’s what the whole record is about. It’s what I discovered by being both rich and poor.”

And Hagar has been poor. In fact, he has been homeless. He was only 4. His father was absent, a jailed alcoholic.

“Looking back, it was horrible, but at the time, we were having a great time,” Hagar says of living in a car with his mother and three older siblings. “My mom was such a great mom, and she was such a great cook. I never felt like we were starving to death. We used food banks, and now that’s why I support them so much.”

Going without left a deep and lasting impact on Hagar, who now donates money to local food banks in each city he plays. “I see poor people in the street, little kids, and I have to stop the car and go help them,” he says. “I cannot just drive past somebody that needs help. It’s not in my nature.”

Hagar admits to being rather lachrymose and jokingly claims to be just short of bipolar. He says he's the good-time, happy-go-lucky guy everyone knows, but he is also someone else.

“I am the biggest softy wimp,” he says. “I’m a frickin’ bawler. It’s embarrassing. I can’t go to movies because the lights come up at the end and I’m sitting here, all teared up, crying like a baby.”

Hagar is unapologetic about his sensitivity. He embraces it. “I think it’s what makes me an artist and what makes me able to still write songs at this stage of my life,” he says. “I’m so easily inspired.”

While many rock performers from his era have faded like the colors of an old David Lee Roth poster, at almost 71, Hagar rages on. He has remained not only relevant but also cutting-edge. He has also stayed gracious and affable, even when propositioned by well-meaning but overzealous fans.

“Guys ask me to have sex with their wives,” he says. “I’m like, 'No, no, no,' and they’re like, ‘How about just, like, a blowjob? She’s really good.’ And I’m going, ‘Dude, are you crazy?’ I can’t even imagine.”

And though the very married Hagar’s party-boy mystique may be proof that rock 'n' roll dreams come true, he concedes that living the rock-star lifestyle is simply not important anymore.

“The most important thing is giving love,” he says. “Without it, we’re fucked.” Then, with a teaser from one of his new songs, he adds, “Without it, you’re dealing with the Devil. He’s at sea level now.”

And as crazy as it might seem, Hagar treasures the sanctity found in life’s simplest pleasures. His favorite place to chill is the beach, which he considers a great equalizer in this inequitable world of haves and have-nots.

“Oprah can be sitting next to you on one side, and Bill Gates can be sitting on the other side, and they’re looking at the same view, getting hit with the same sun, their feet are in the same sand, and they’re going in the same water. To me, it’s the ultimate luxury pleasure — and it’s free.”

Today Hagar’s attention is focused on the success of Space Between, which he hopes to release in January 2019. He says this album will likely be his last, and he would love to snag a Grammy for it.

“That’s my bucket list: to have one more credible musical experience in my life,” he says. “I think I did it, and I hope it’s as good as I think it is. I’ve been double-parked in the rock 'n' roll business for 40 years, and I want a stamp on my validation so I don’t have to pay to get out.”

https://www.browardpalmbeach.com/mus...ber-15-9857442

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

Premium Member

sammyhagar

Everyone kept asking about this suit in the @vmas #tbt a few weeks back...so here it is in all its checkered glory!!
    The suit will be headed to @hardrockholly , so give it a visit if you’re in the area.
    Got #3MoonMen that night too ��*����*����*�� @mtv
    #Fashion #BlackAndWhiteRocks #VanHalen #RightNow #vmas #1992

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnbyxooA...-by=sammyhagar

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

Premium Member

sammyhagar

Had a blast today interviewing and jamming with Cheech and Chong
    #TheseGuysAreFunny #canibus #jokes #music #Rock ‘n’ rollRoadTrip #season4

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

11.15.18 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 22,528 Times in 11,324 Posts

Premium Member

Should we bust Sam's balls that he can't spell cannabis correctly?
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Last Online

Premium Member

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Should we bust Sam's balls that he can't spell cannabis correctly?

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

11.15.18 @ 06:37 PM
    Liked 14,673 Times in 8,295 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post

Fuck, Orville Redenbacher is going to be there? Now that's a party!
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

14. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

11.15.18 @ 06:33 PM
    Liked 8,260 Times in 5,950 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    sammyhagar

Everyone kept asking about this suit in the @vmas #tbt a few weeks back...so here it is in all its checkered glory!!
    The suit will be headed to @hardrockholly , so give it a visit if you’re in the area.
    Got #3MoonMen that night too ��*����*����*�� @mtv
    #Fashion #BlackAndWhiteRocks #VanHalen #RightNow #vmas #1992

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnbyxooA...-by=sammyhagar
    That's pretty cool, and I remember watching those awards live. Nice to see the suit again.
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

11.15.18 @ 05:48 AM
    Liked 1,022 Times in 635 Posts

(Posted in Main by me under "Sammy Hagar's new record...")

New Circle song title: "Step Away from the Game."

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/sammy...-1be9f96c.html

You think the YouTube bootleggers recorded EVERY song from that show EXCEPT it and "Little White Lie" that preceded it? Naturally.

I looked and even listened to the beginning of the next song. No go.
    Dave
    VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

Stats:
    BECAME PSYCHO FAN: 12/91
    VAN HALEN W/DAVE: 9x
    VAN HALEN W/SAMMY: 8x
    VAN HALEN W/GARY: 5x
    CHICKENFOOT/THE CIRCLE: 7x
    DAVE SOLO: 13x
    SAMMY SOLO: 15x (W/MONTROSE 1x, @CABO WABO CANTINA 1x)
    GARY/EXTREME/TRIBE OF JUDAH/HURTSMILE: 7x
    MET: Sammy 1x, Dave almost 1x, Gary 2x

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

11.15.18 @ 06:49 PM
    Liked 3,077 Times in 1,887 Posts

Premium Member

Anyone going to the Beach Party today on the left coast? Take some pics
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Last Online

Premium Member

Sammy Hagar Says ‘Space Between’ Is ‘Where My Heart Is at Now': Exclusive Interview

There's something about getting older that kinda puts life in perspective. Especially for someone like Sammy Hagar.

You can now laugh about splitting your pants onstage or recoil at the memory of reducing a plump fan to tears with questions of pregnancy. You can talk about love and God, your passion for helping the homeless and even about your craving for extra-creamy mashed potatoes. All of which he's done.

To many, Hagar is superhuman, a rock god. From his early years with Montrose to his induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with Van Halen to his current group, the Circle, Hagar has continued to pump out classic songs. And he has no intention of stopping yet.

Hagar and the Circle are hitting the beach with REO Speedwagon, Joe Satriani, Vince Neil and a host of surprise guests for the High Tide Beach Party and Car Show in Huntington Beach, Calif., on Oct. 6. Then he's taking the party to Mexico on Oct. 9 for a three-night sold-out 71st birthday celebration at his Cabo Wabo Cantina.

Hagar is as well-known for throwing epic beach bashes as he is for his robust guitar licks and powerful vocals. But for a guy who's turned partying into a lucrative career, he says he has reached a point in his life when he feels more introspective. “I don’t have the ambitions to be a rock star right now,” Hagar tells UCR. “I am a rock star. I’ve been a rock star half my life.”

In addition to a prodigious discography, Hagar’s empire includes restaurants, liquor brands, an impressive car collection and TV and radio shows. But his upcoming album, Space Between, comes from a place far from where you'd expect. “Where my heart is at now, the things I’m talking about are more worldly,” he says of the songs on Space Between. “Nothing is just jive, and I’m not just making lyrics up. I’m saying something.”

Hagar says the new album, which is expected to come out in early 2019, is about money and greed. “Musically, it will hold up,” Hagar says. “Jason Bonham is the greatest rock drummer in the world and plays just like his dad. So, on this record, we’ve got that Led Zeppelin sound and feel.”

Along with Bonham, son of late Zeppelin drummer John Bonham, the Circle features guitarist Vic Johnson of the Bus Boys and bassist Michael Anthony of Van Halen. “He’s as good a rock bass player as anyone ever in the history of rock,” Hagar says of Anthony. “And Vic, when he plays on this record, he’s bringing it all there.”

Hagar and the Circle debuted one of their new songs live for the first time at a recent concert in Florida. Up until the last minute, Hagar wasn't even sure they were going to include it. He calls their current playlist a “Circle-fest” of the greatest songs from Montrose, Van Halen, his solo career, Led Zeppelin and Chickenfoot. “You try to throw a new song in the middle of that, it better be fucking good,” he says.

And it was.

If you can imagine Sammy Hagar as the lead singer of Led Zeppelin with harder bass, you'd have a pretty good idea of what it sounded like. Hagar's pride in Space Between is evident. “You know what I wanna do?” he says. “I wanna go play the whole fucking new record, I’m so happy with it.”

Hagar says he has been fortunate enough to work with some of the world’s greatest musicians, like Joe Satriani, who played with Hagar in Chickenfoot. “I can’t keep up with him,” Hagar says. “He’s got so much music in him, and it’s so sophisticated and so good, and it's magic. He picks up a guitar and he writes a piece of music that’s perfect from head to toe.”

But if Hagar had a dream ensemble? “Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton and Keith Richards,” he says. “It would be so much easier if they’d just come to Cabo and just jump onstage for a couple of hours and play. It’s gonna happen. I make things happen.”

While Hagar may get a Rolling Stone onstage one day, it doesn’t look like he’s going to get another Van Halen anytime soon. Hagar reached out to David Lee Roth to join him and Anthony at the High Tide Beach Party but says Roth didn't even bother to respond.

“I’m not even concerned about what [Roth and Eddie Van Halen] are doing anymore,” he says. “Obviously, they’re not doing anything. And I hope they’re well. Mikey and I are just tired of sitting around waiting.”

Hagar, on the other hand, has been busy as usual. He and the Circle have been making what Hagar hopes will be a Grammy-winning album. “I’ve been wanting to make a record with this band for so long, but we were afraid . . . of the legacy of the whole band,” he says. “But I think, as my last piece of music, I just really want to do something great. I think I did it, and I hope it’s as good as I think it is.”

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/sammy...een-interview/

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

11.14.18 @ 11:13 PM
    Liked 1,242 Times in 690 Posts

Like I said in main, I took some interesting pics. I will text them to a trusted member to post if anyone would like to see the scene.

20. The Following Member Likes This Post: