Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1257
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

10.17.18 @ 10:43 AM
    Liked 414 Times in 311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Sam doesn't like to lose. This restaurant isn't profitable for him anymore, I'm guessing. It doesn't have the "Cabo Wabo Cantina" type brand. Plus, you just don't close abruptly because you have other comittments taking your time. That's why you delegate.
    The article states that he's gonna go back and revisit the restaurant in October,and hire another team from there.

Sounds more like he's just shutting it down to remodel the place,and adding a new menu.

Last Online

10.14.18 @ 02:39 AM
    Liked 10,980 Times in 6,618 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by VH122 View Post
    The article states that he's gonna go back and revisit the restaurant in October,and hire another team from there.

Sounds more like he's just shutting it down to remodel the place,and adding a new menu.
    Why is he hiring another team if it's just a remodel and new menu? C'mon now. Read between the lines.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

10.22.18 @ 06:07 AM
    Liked 1,336 Times in 679 Posts

Premium Member

Didn't see this before. Sam, Mike, Kenny Aronoff, and Steve Stevens performing Poundcake back in January:

"Swamp people doin' their swampy things." - bsbll4

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

10.14.18 @ 02:39 AM
    Liked 10,980 Times in 6,618 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    Didn't see this before. Sam, Mike, Kenny Aronoff, and Steve Stevens performing Poundcake back in January:
    Yeah. This has been posted here before. So much better with a better guitar player than Vic.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

10.19.18 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts

I wonder if that's the Ernie Ball that Eddie gave Steve when he was playing with Vince Neil and opening for VH on the 93 tour?
    Pain or damage don’t end the world, or despair, or fuckin’ beatings. The world ends when you’re dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man — and give some back.
    -Al Swearengen

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

10.22.18 @ 01:02 AM
    Liked 8,186 Times in 5,899 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post

Nice video and vibe. Very cool that they did this, and I know Steve is a huge Eddie fan and loves those EBMM guitars. Humbling to see a player of his calibre flub the solo very slightly - like he was one fret out of 'the box' for about 2 secs - then ad lib some tremolo picking using Ed's melody, for a pro recovery! And yeah, I saw Steve from the front row, opening for Van Halen in '93. The man has few peers in terms of chops and almost cult status while having longevity in the biz.
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

10.22.18 @ 06:07 AM
    Liked 1,336 Times in 679 Posts

Premium Member

"Swamp people doin' their swampy things." - bsbll4

9. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

10.22.18 @ 04:07 AM
    Liked 8,733 Times in 4,709 Posts

Premium Member

SAMMY HAGAR’S NEW CIRCLE ALBUM IS ABOUT GLOBAL GREED

Sammy Hagar said the upcoming album with his band the Circle [is] about global greed.

The group features Chickenfoot colleague Michael Anthony along with Jason Bonham and Vic Johnson. Bonham recently hinted that the “concept kind of album” was “something very different” from the frontman’s previous output.

“I don’t have a name for it,” Hagar told Mercury News of the new album, which is still being worked on. “Right now, I am calling it ‘Hey Hey Hey.’ Because I say that in two songs – the first song and the last song. It’s about the world monetary system. It’s about crooks and it’s about good people, and it’s about the devil and it’s about God. It ends up it’s about greed. Greed makes people do weird stuff – it makes you hurt other people, take advantage of someone, it makes a war. It almost all has to do with greed.”

Hagar pointed out that "everyone thinks, ‘Hmm, money is the root of all evil.’ But, really, without greed, money is a beautiful thing – you can change the world, you can buy happiness, you can heal the sick, feed the poor, you can stop a war.”

The former Van Halen singer also talked about his creative process. “Every now and then, I think about the experience that brought me where I am as I am trying to create something new," he said. "Sometimes, I will go back and think of Eddie [Van Halen] and the way we wrote a song. I will think, ‘Oh, I remember how we wrote that song – Eddie came up with that thing.’ And then I get a vision that helps me write something. I will take the experience that I learned from Eddie.”

He described Chickenfoot guitarist Joe Satriani – who was in an adjacent studio while Hagar spoke – as “the most prolific guy I’ve ever wrote with. ... We could walk right in there right now and, if I could write lyrics fast enough, we could write a record, because he’d have the music in 20 minutes. It just pours out of him – original stuff, not rip-off [expletive]. He’s the most fluid guy I’ve ever worked with. Then I think about Ronnie [Montrose] – how we wrote. I do think about that. I think about how good these guys are. I’ve been really lucky to play with guys like that.”

Hagar became known as the Red Rocker because he used to always wear clothing with that color, but these days he rarely sports it. “I was into it, because of the energy of red,” he said. “I used to wear it to stand out. Because when you’re an opening act, you don’t get good lights. So, I would dress in red from head to toe, with a red guitar, and they’d hit me with one spotlight. And I was hitting the back of the arena.”

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/sammy...-circle-album/

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

10.21.18 @ 03:25 AM
    Liked 22,313 Times in 11,210 Posts

Premium Member

Ok, I know this won't be a popular opinion on a VH site, but fuck it.

I don't need a guy worth hundreds of millions of dollars to get on his soap box and talk to me about the problems with greed, my interest level in this album just dropped to almost absolute zero.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

12. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

10.21.18 @ 04:35 PM
    Liked 3,016 Times in 1,853 Posts

Premium Member

Well as someone who's being kept alive on a drug that retails for about 13k a month I understand greed.
    As far as the record goes I have problems with Vic on this over Joe.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Eruption
    Last Online

10.20.18 @ 03:39 AM
    Liked 164 Times in 116 Posts

A concept album - interesting...don't see that too much nowadays anymore.

At least it sounds like he is putting effort into this new album instead of slapping random tracks on a disc that happened to left over from some scrapped projects.

Hope that Sam is mad about greed. Whenever he's mad brings out the best in his music.

And probably not too much cocktail-drinking-at-the-beach-at-sunset songs. That's a real plus to me.

15. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Good Enough Dont disturb my Paradise's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

5150. F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

5150. Summer nights.
    Last Online

10.13.18 @ 09:02 PM
    Liked 249 Times in 145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sek View Post
    A concept album - interesting...don't see that too much nowadays anymore.

At least it sounds like he is putting effort into this new album instead of slapping random tracks on a disc that happened to left over from some scrapped projects.

Hope that Sam is mad about greed. Whenever he's mad brings out the best in his music.

And probably not too much cocktail-drinking-at-the-beach-at-sunset songs. That's a real plus to me.
    Exactly. He was bitter on “Marching to mars” and it’s still one of his best albums. A lot of people are criticising the whole concept idea, but I think it’s great.
    What is understood need not be discussed

"Dont disturb my paradise. I've asked you once. I've asked you nice" - "SERIOUS JU JU"

"I am in a blissful state. Dont bug me!!!" - Richard Dreyfuss "The Goodbye girl" 1977

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Personal pet peeve, I don't like extremely wealthy people lecturing about the evil of money.

Shania Twain did a song about it on one of her later albums and I'm thinking "really, you live in a fucking castle in Europe, get a grip lady".

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

18. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Good Enough Dont disturb my Paradise's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

5150. F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

5150. Summer nights.
    Last Online

10.13.18 @ 09:02 PM
    Liked 249 Times in 145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Personal pet peeve, I don't like extremely wealthy people lecturing about the evil of money.

Shania Twain did a song about it on one of her later albums and I'm thinking "really, you live in a fucking castle in Europe, get a grip lady".
    Sammy’s actually downsized in 2 houses. One in Maui and in Lake Arrowhead. Most of the money went to charities for under privelidged children and children in need. He gives to quite a few charities, so Sammy definitely isn’t greedy.
    What is understood need not be discussed

"Dont disturb my paradise. I've asked you once. I've asked you nice" - "SERIOUS JU JU"

"I am in a blissful state. Dont bug me!!!" - Richard Dreyfuss "The Goodbye girl" 1977

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dont disturb my Paradise View Post
    Sammy’s actually downsized in 2 houses. One in Maui and in Lake Arrowhead. Most of the money went to charities for under privelidged children and children in need. He gives to quite a few charities, so Sammy definitely isn’t greedy.
    Not saying he is.