Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

10.22.18 @ 04:56 PM
    Liked 22,321 Times in 11,214 Posts

Premium Member

Well, I guess the reports of Sam's vocal demise have been overstated.

He sounds great there.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

10.23.18 @ 01:07 AM
    Liked 1,901 Times in 1,177 Posts

Not bad but that song sounds better all amped up!!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Good Enough Dont disturb my Paradise's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

5150. F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

5150. Summer nights.
    Last Online

10.13.18 @ 09:02 PM
    Liked 249 Times in 145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post

Nice.
    Man that sounds awesome acoustic.
    What is understood need not be discussed

"Dont disturb my paradise. I've asked you once. I've asked you nice" - "SERIOUS JU JU"

"I am in a blissful state. Dont bug me!!!" - Richard Dreyfuss "The Goodbye girl" 1977

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

10.22.18 @ 08:26 PM
    Liked 1,760 Times in 983 Posts

Counting on Satch to bring this band to do a 3rd album. They sound excellent. Sam's tequila should be looked at, there's gotta be some secret stuff in there that keeps u young, it's unbelievable!
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

10.23.18 @ 03:40 AM
    Liked 2,082 Times in 1,231 Posts

that's a really cool vid.

Last Online

10.23.18 @ 03:11 AM
    Liked 8,736 Times in 4,709 Posts

Premium Member

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

Premium Member

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

10.22.18 @ 12:31 PM
    Liked 726 Times in 412 Posts

It's been a good 15 years since I've seen him on his birthday. Gonna enter the draw this year and hopefully get tix for at least 1 night.
    Cabo x 23
    Van Halen x 11
    Sammy x 20+
    DLR x 2

12. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

Premium Member

Sammy Hagar Discovers Theoretical Second Way to Rock

https://thehardtimes.net/music/sammy...cond-way-rock/

Last Online

Premium Member

You’re also currently in two supergroups: Black Country Communion with Glenn Hughes, Joe Bonamassa and Derek Sherinian; and then there’s The Circle with Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony and Vic Johnson. And both those groups are continuing that tradition of hard hitting classic rock. What kind of audience are you finding out there these days for that kind of music?

Oh man, it’s great. When I do my Zeppelin shows, I can see the Black Country Communion t-shirts, the Circle t-shirts out there. Um, I’ve been getting a lot of the “red heads” now, which we call the Sammy Hagar fans, coming to see me play since I started playing with Sammy. Which is just great.

We’ve actually just finished an original new album for The Circle. All new music that I helped to collaborate on with Sammy for a couple of things. So I’m really looking forward to that, it’s a very concept-kind of album and it’s meant to be listened to in a specific order which kind of tells the story. He’s been really inspired as of late and I think it’s going to be some of his best stuff. It’s definitely diverse, when you listen to it in the order.

What he wanted to do was do something very different than he’s ever done before, which is setting you on a journey like the old days when you put on an album and listened to it from start to finish where the placement for each song is vital to make sense. So we’ve got that finished now.

And actually on Father’s Day I was on tour and I went into the studio because he sent me a new song that he wanted to add to the album. So I went in on Father’s Day and recorded drums in upstate New York. But it was great because I found a great new studio which I’d love to go back to. It was fun to go do, so literally I got the mix back from him yesterday. So yeah, to be part of that band and to play live with Sammy and Michael and Vic, the most positive people and so much fun. It’s a whole different vibe. It’s a party.

Sammy is so up and so positive and Mike is such a wonderful guy and smiling and it’s all fun, you know, it’s that…’life’s too short to be miserable”. I mean I’m English so I can be very half-empty. Sammy is always half full. He’s like, “Don’t be English around me. This is fun. You have got nothing to be worried about.”

http://www.sonicperspectives.com/int...-jason-bonham/

15. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

10.23.18 @ 01:07 AM
    Liked 1,901 Times in 1,177 Posts

I'm interested in hearing a Circle record. Hopefully, it sounds like a new band then more of a Sammy solo.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

17. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Good Enough Dont disturb my Paradise's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

5150. F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

5150. Summer nights.
    Last Online

10.13.18 @ 09:02 PM
    Liked 249 Times in 145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    You’re also currently in two supergroups: Black Country Communion with Glenn Hughes, Joe Bonamassa and Derek Sherinian; and then there’s The Circle with Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony and Vic Johnson. And both those groups are continuing that tradition of hard hitting classic rock. What kind of audience are you finding out there these days for that kind of music?

Oh man, it’s great. When I do my Zeppelin shows, I can see the Black Country Communion t-shirts, the Circle t-shirts out there. Um, I’ve been getting a lot of the “red heads” now, which we call the Sammy Hagar fans, coming to see me play since I started playing with Sammy. Which is just great.

We’ve actually just finished an original new album for The Circle. All new music that I helped to collaborate on with Sammy for a couple of things. So I’m really looking forward to that, it’s a very concept-kind of album and it’s meant to be listened to in a specific order which kind of tells the story. He’s been really inspired as of late and I think it’s going to be some of his best stuff. It’s definitely diverse, when you listen to it in the order.

What he wanted to do was do something very different than he’s ever done before, which is setting you on a journey like the old days when you put on an album and listened to it from start to finish where the placement for each song is vital to make sense. So we’ve got that finished now.

And actually on Father’s Day I was on tour and I went into the studio because he sent me a new song that he wanted to add to the album. So I went in on Father’s Day and recorded drums in upstate New York. But it was great because I found a great new studio which I’d love to go back to. It was fun to go do, so literally I got the mix back from him yesterday. So yeah, to be part of that band and to play live with Sammy and Michael and Vic, the most positive people and so much fun. It’s a whole different vibe. It’s a party.

Sammy is so up and so positive and Mike is such a wonderful guy and smiling and it’s all fun, you know, it’s that…’life’s too short to be miserable”. I mean I’m English so I can be very half-empty. Sammy is always half full. He’s like, “Don’t be English around me. This is fun. You have got nothing to be worried about.”

http://www.sonicperspectives.com/int...-jason-bonham/
    It’s great we finally have a new album coming, but I hope it’s worth the wait. Conceptual sounds good, but with all Sammys many projects, how has he had time to do the songs???. I just hope it’s good material and not half assed.
    What is understood need not be discussed

"Dont disturb my paradise. I've asked you once. I've asked you nice" - "SERIOUS JU JU"

"I am in a blissful state. Dont bug me!!!" - Richard Dreyfuss "The Goodbye girl" 1977

Eruption
    Last Online

10.20.18 @ 03:39 AM
    Liked 164 Times in 116 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dont disturb my Paradise View Post
    It’s great we finally have a new album coming, but I hope it’s worth the wait. Conceptual sounds good, but with all Sammys many projects, how has he had time to do the songs???. I just hope it’s good material and not half assed.
    Yep, I agree. Also hope the hawaii shirt stays in the closet for this one...

Last Online

Premium Member

Sammy Hagar abruptly closes his El Paseo restaurant in Mill Valley

Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Sammy Hagar has shuttered his upscale restaurant, El Paseo, after seven years in Mill Valley, the musician’s hometown.

In a message posted on El Paseo’s website*, Hagar explained the sudden closure.

“This wonderful, beautiful, passionate labor of love has become far too time consuming for me,” he wrote. “I’m in the process of finishing a new album with ‘The Circle’ and need to concentrate on my music, my performances and my TV series.”

The former Van Halen frontman went on to explain that he also wants to be able to spend more quality time with his family.

“The day to day problems of operating a restaurant have prevented me from doing a lot of the things that I need to be doing,” he said. “You might say that I have been dealing with a lot of headaches and have simply run out of aspirin.”

But Hagar, who owns several other restaurants, including four outposts of Cabo Wabo Cantina and five locations of Sammy’s Beach Bar and Grill, promised that this is not the end for El Paseo. He plans to revisit the restaurant in October and hopes to build a team and start over.

El Paseo’s history in Mill Valley dates back to 1948. It was a French restaurant until Hagar and partner and celebrity chef Tyler Florence took over in 2011 and transformed it into a steakhouse. When that business partnership ended, Hagar changed the menu to Spanish cuisine with a Northern California focus under the leadership of executive chef Todd Shoberg.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/07/...n-mill-valley/

*MESSAGE FROM SAMMY HAGAR

After 7 years, this wonderful, beautiful, passionate labor of love has become far too time consuming for me. I’m in the process of finishing a new album with “The Circle” and need to concentrate on my music, my performances and my TV series. I also want to be able to spend more quality time with my family. The day to day problems of operating a restaurant have prevented me from doing a lot of the things that I need to be doing. You might say that I have been dealing with a lot of headaches and have simply run out of aspirin.

Once I get to the Birthday Bash in October, I will revisit El Paseo, build a team and start over from scratch.

Thanks to everyone for all of your support, and in the meantime, please visit some of the other great restaurants in downtown Mill Valley.

Sincerely,
    Sammy

Last Online

10.14.18 @ 02:39 AM
    Liked 10,980 Times in 6,618 Posts

Premium Member

Sam doesn't like to lose. This restaurant isn't profitable for him anymore, I'm guessing. It doesn't have the "Cabo Wabo Cantina" type brand. Plus, you just don't close abruptly because you have other comittments taking your time. That's why you delegate.

22. The Following Member Likes This Post: