Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1734
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

11.21.19 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 2,328 Times in 1,308 Posts

Sam could be doing CF right now, since the Circle seems quiet.
    Little Dreamer

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

11.21.19 @ 03:42 PM
    Liked 281 Times in 167 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    Sam could be doing CF right now, since the Circle seems quiet.
    The thing I've learned about Sammy is that he's pretty busy while he's not in the public eye.

My guess is he's taking a little breather before Cabo now that Huntington Beach was cancelled. Maybe he's amped up and wants to record or do some impromptu charity shows in place of HB.

I'd be sitting down with my management team to hash out the failures from HB. Maybe fire a few people. I wouldn't want my name attached to that. Actually I would've done that right before Cabo last year, but maybe that's just me being an outsider.

Or he's recording more RNRRT. He's up to something....

Looks like Joe is prepping for some tour dates. Chad is in Japan or somewhere. Mike is just being Mike. Chilled out and up for whatever.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

10.22.19 @ 11:45 AM
    Liked 4,215 Times in 2,683 Posts

Donor

Whoa. High Tide was cancelled. Was considering attending. That's two years running that fest has been problematic.

Last Online

11.22.19 @ 03:47 AM
    Liked 1,813 Times in 900 Posts

Premium Member

That's unfortunate. Its way too far for me to attend, but if I were able to I would.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Donor

Ehh, HB fucked it up. One comment hit it right...throw it at Doheny in Dana Point instead. It’s already set up for festivals year round.

Good news is, he’s gonna do some free shows around the country to make up for it. Say what ya will about Sam, he’s good to his fans.
    Last edited by Van Squalen; 09.21.19 at 08:13 PM.

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

11.21.19 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 2,418 Times in 1,329 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Ehh, HB fucked it up. One comment hit it right...throw it at Doheny in Dana Point instead. It’s already set up for festivals year round.

Good news is, he’s gonna do some free shows around the country to make up for it. Say what ya will about Sam, he’s good to his fans.
    I saw something on FB about this. What the hell happened??
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgia Act View Post
    I saw something on FB about this. What the hell happened??
    City of Huntington Beach denied the permits last minute. Somebody fucked up big time. Not in Sam’s people, in city management or the promotions people. Lots of Redheads already booked flights and hotels and are super irked.

Last year had issues too. Not sure the right promoters are handling the setup and follow through.

Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

11.21.19 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 2,418 Times in 1,329 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    City of Huntington Beach denied the permits last minute. Somebody fucked up big time. Not in Sam’s people, in city management or the promotions people. Lots of Redheads already booked flights and hotels and are super irked.

Last year had issues too. Not sure the right promoters are handling the setup and follow through.
    Right. I knew it was a mess last year.

Feel bad for fans that are up shit creek without a paddle. The old man is probably taking this personal.
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgia Act View Post
    Right. I knew it was a mess last year.

Feel bad for fans that are up shit creek without a paddle. The old man is probably taking this personal.
    He certainly seemed emotional in his social media post about it today.

Last Online

11.22.19 @ 07:01 AM
    Liked 11,174 Times in 6,170 Posts

Premium Member

SAMMY HAGAR Says He Would Love To Play 'One Last Show' With VAN HALEN

Sammy: "Even if I sit and ponder on that, which I don't — I don't take inventory; I don't look back at all, ever. I'm just always looking forward, looking up, looking at the ground, looking straight ahead, and I very seldom look over my shoulder. Even if I did and I think about those times, I have more sympathy for what Eddie must have been going through personally then, because I never found out, because we didn't communicate very well. I was so disappointed with the tour at the time that when I tried to reach out, rarely did we connect and really have an honest love for each other. It was rough. Looking back, I feel sorry that he must have been going through something really bad. He wasn't sharing it with me. I wish him well, and I hope they're okay. One last show — 'Sammy, you've got one more show to do' — boom. If those guys wouldn't do it, I'd go park in their driveway and make them. I'd say, I ain't leaving here. Al's going to come over eventually, so I'll get him when he pulls up and hog-tie his ass. Me and Mikey will sit in the car out in the driveway until they fold."

On the never-ending debate among fans who prefer the band's albums with David Lee Roth to the "Van Hagar" years:

Sammy: "I have no problem with people saying that early VAN HALEN stuff was more rock. It was raw rock. They were young kids, for god's sake. First band, first albums. I compare MONTROSE to that. They were like MONTROSE. When I joined, I was 45 years old. I'm a grown man. I've got kids. I've got a wife. I'm wealthy already — I've had success. We're not going to be that first album again. But that early VAN HALEN stuff was fuckin' killer. It's just that when I joined the band, Eddie was kind of done writing that way. He had run out of his licks, and I'm not putting him down in any way. He's still a genius, but you only have so many songs in you. Look at THE BEATLES; look at THE ROLLING STONES. You've got to repeat yourself if you stay together and keep going, and Eddie was about to repeat himself. When I came in there, he was pulling out stuff saying, 'Well, what do you think about this?' He was trying to write new music, and most of the time, he was sitting down at the piano. I'm going, 'Fuck, I didn't know you could play piano like that.' I immediately start singing, and he's going, 'Wow.' It allowed him as a musician to grow. Just playing guitar in the early stuff and those real simple things in Dave's range of singing, you run out. '1984' was the peak. They would have never outdone that record, and some people don't even like that record because of 'Jump'. I'm going, 'Get out of here — that's a fuckin' great song. I wish they would have played me that fuckin' riff.' I have no ego in that whole thing. If it wasn't for what Dave did with that band, I would have had no band to join. I was running out as a solo artist at the time. I cut my hair off. I said to Ted Templeman, who produced my 'VOA' record — it was a multi-platinum record, and I did my biggest tour ever... He goes, 'What are we going to do next?' I said, 'I'm taking a year off. I'm going to figure out... I've got to write some songs. I don't know what I'm going to do. It's time for a change.' Then jumping in there, it was just perfect. Eddie was running out the same way, I'm sure; I wasn't sure which way I was going to go; we got together, and bam — it was like lightning. It was just beautiful, and the timing couldn't have been better. I wrote songs to the music I was given. I wrote lyrics and melodies to the music I was given by Eddie. I didn't force none of that. It is what it is. We sold plenty of records, and I'll tell you what — when I play 'When It's Love' or 'Right Now', the ballad, softer side of VAN HALEN, all I know is that I've got about 15,000 people with lighters in the air singing, so somebody likes that shit. [Laughs]"

On whether he'd enjoy performing a VAN HALEN album in its entirety:

Sammy: "I'm starting to see so many people do it... I just interviewed DEF LEPPARD for my 'Rock & Roll Road Trip' [TV show]. They did some shows where they played the whole 'Hysteria' record. Everybody's kind of doing that. REO [SPEEDWAGON] just did it with 'High Fidelity', their biggest record. It's such a trend, but man, I don't think I could play a whole night without moving all over my career, because I'm so used to it with THE CIRCLE and I'm so happy about it. Every night, we can go, 'Let's play 'Best Of Both Worlds'. No, we played 'Best Of Both Worlds' last night. Let's play 'Top Of The World'.' 'Let's do 'When It's Love' — no, let's do 'Right Now' tonight.' 'Let's do 'Rock Candy' instead of 'Bad Motor Scooter'.' On and on and on. There's so much that we can do, and it's so... It's the set list from heaven. Every single song, I look at the audience. When we kick each song off with THE CIRCLE, these guys — or a guy and a girl, or two girls — they look at each other and shake their head like, 'Yes. All right. They're playing that one. Oh my God — they're playing that.' Song after song, you see that response. I would love to do it, and I kind of do that in Cabo — the only thing I do in Cabo is not a whole record. I've done 'Marching To Mars' in Cabo, and I've done 'Space Between' in Cabo, the whole record. Just those two, oddly enough. What we do, a lot of times, we would just go out and start playing MONTROSE — as many MONTROSE tunes as we know. The first hour is just MONTROSE, mixed up [on] shuffle. Or we play VAN HALEN. Many times, I went out with either band and just said, 'Let's play every VAN HALEN song we know.' Before the night is over, we start mixing it up. It's never one album, but it's, like, 20 VAN HALEN songs in one night. I've done that before. With THE WABOS this year in Cabo, one of the nights, it's going to be pure Sammy — no MONTROSE, no VAN HALEN. It's going to be deep Sammy tracks... It's going to be pure Sammy. I only get, like, five Sammy songs in THE CIRCLE set, and I get a lot of shit for it. [Laughs]"

Hagar replaced Roth in VAN HALEN in 1985 and recorded four studio albums with the band — "5150", "OU812", "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge" and "Balance" — all of which topped the U.S. chart. The highest-charting Roth-led VAN HALEN album was a No. 2, and it took until "1984" to achieve that. (2012's "A Different Kind Of Truth" also landed at No. 2.)

Hagar, Anthony, Alex and Eddie Van Halen last teamed up in 2004 for a U.S. summer tour. In exchange for taking part in the tour, Anthony reportedly had to agree to take a pay cut and sign away his rights to the band name and logo.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sa...ith-van-halen/

13. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

11.22.19 @ 05:51 AM
    Liked 18,766 Times in 10,721 Posts

It’s been a while since Sammy talked about Van Halen, hasn’t it?
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

15. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

11.22.19 @ 07:09 AM
    Liked 4,019 Times in 2,453 Posts

Premium Member

Rum sales are sagging.

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

17. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Sinner's Swing! BlindtotheWorld's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

11.22.19 @ 06:37 AM
    Liked 1,875 Times in 996 Posts

Premium Member

For you guys shitting on Sam again....in the Sam forum. He did say this,

"If it wasn't for what Dave did with that band, I would have had no band to join."

Like? No like?
    "Problem is Van Halen doesn't miss you. Or me. Or any of us." - Little Dreamer

"So, Dave's in the same boat as the rest of planet Earth. He's no longer in a band that doesn't even exist." - I Coulda Hada VH

19. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    For you guys shitting on Sam again....in the Sam forum. He did say this,

"If it wasn't for what Dave did with that band, I would have had no band to join."

Like? No like?
    Lol. Yeah. So much for the ‘stop shitting on Dave in Dave threads” morale.

Last Online

11.22.19 @ 07:01 AM
    Liked 11,174 Times in 6,170 Posts

Premium Member

Sammy Hagar (The Red Rocker)

3 hrs ·

#Throwback to Oct 6, 1995 for the Van Halen induction onto the Rock Walk in Hollywood! Who has been by to see the handprints in front of the Guitar Center in LA?
    #TBT #RockNRoll #GuitarCenter #AllHandsOnDeck #VanHandslen #StuckWithUsForever

22. The Following 2 Members Like This Post: