Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

04.08.20 @ 12:04 PM
    Liked 28,648 Times in 14,495 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    In so many ways, Sam and Ed were like a divorced couple that still have to interact due to the kids….playing games like purposely dropping the kids off 15 minutes late just to piss them off because you know your ex needs to be somewhere.
    I don't think anyone can be under the delusion that the problems in VH were caused by Dave/Sam/Mike/Gary.

If Sam brings a song to the band, and they don't want to use it, hell yeah, he can do what he wants with it.

DLR brought an entire completed album to VH and they thought it was too much work to get off their butts and put their influence on it.

I think it is better for all involved that they quit trying to force it to work. Ed working on his gear, Al doing whatever Al does, Wolf, Dave and Sam solo artists. Mike, just having fun playing with Sam and maybe sometime DLR.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

04.08.20 @ 02:07 PM
    Liked 305 Times in 134 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    DLR brought an entire completed album to VH and they thought it was too much work to get off their butts and put their influence on it.
    He did? When was this?

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    He did? When was this?
    The record he did with John 5, that was intended as a demo for the next VH album.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

04.08.20 @ 04:47 PM
    Liked 2,567 Times in 1,445 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I don't think anyone can be under the delusion that the problems in VH were caused by Dave/Sam/Mike/Gary.

If Sam brings a song to the band, and they don't want to use it, hell yeah, he can do what he wants with it.

I think it is better for all involved that they quit trying to force it to work. Ed working on his gear, Al doing whatever Al does, Wolf, Dave and Sam solo artists. Mike, just having fun playing with Sam and maybe sometime DLR.
    I can't imagine a world where Ed would go: "Dave, thank you so much for bringing all those songs written by John 5, I'll get to work right away!"
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    I can't imagine a world where Ed would go: "Dave, thank you so much for bringing all those songs written by John 5, I'll get to work right away!"
    Because Ed is such a go getter that he's going to write something? He's come up with a handful of riffs that have made it to record in over two decades. And John didn't write the album, he co-wrote it.

DLR can write a song all on his own, he just needs someone to help flesh out the details.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

04.08.20 @ 04:47 PM
    Liked 2,567 Times in 1,445 Posts

Guitar players can get pretty territorial. I think maybe Dave brought "Stay Frosty" or "Could This Be Magic" to the band. I don't think Dave can bring a song like "I'm The One" or "Hang'em'High" to the band. So yes, many songs would be considered as "John 5 songs" by Ed and that would be a non starter. These guys have canyon-size egos...
    Little Dreamer

Good Enough Dont disturb my Paradise's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

5150. F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Love walks in. Right now.
    Last Online

04.02.20 @ 07:15 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 179 Posts

The Brazil dates scheduled for later this month I hear are canceled.
    What is understood need not be discussed

"Dont disturb my paradise. I've asked you once. I've asked you nice" - "SERIOUS JU JU"

"I am in a blissful state. Dont bug me!!!" - Richard Dreyfuss "The Goodbye girl" 1977

Good Enough Dont disturb my Paradise's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

5150. F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Love walks in. Right now.
    Last Online

04.02.20 @ 07:15 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 179 Posts

https://www.reviewjournal.com/entert...-show-1975182/

Sammy performing with Neil Diamond at the Keep the memory alive tribute.
    What is understood need not be discussed

"Dont disturb my paradise. I've asked you once. I've asked you nice" - "SERIOUS JU JU"

"I am in a blissful state. Dont bug me!!!" - Richard Dreyfuss "The Goodbye girl" 1977

10. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

04.08.20 @ 04:25 PM
    Liked 12,267 Times in 6,818 Posts

Premium Member

Sammy Hagar plans Las Vegas ‘party’ residency

The Strat has chosen blue as its primary color, but the hotel is making room for a lotta red.

Sammy Hagar, the famed Red Rocker, is planning a residency for the Strat’s “Celestia” tent, set up on the north side of the property. He hopes to open the series in June, as a rehearsal for his summer tour, then settle into a one-weekend-per-month residency.

“I want to create the ultimate environment where I can throw the ultimate party, like I have done in Cabo for 30 years for my birthday, but at another time of year here in Las Vegas, which is really the party capital of the world,” Hagar said Saturday prior to the Keep Memory Alive Power of Love gala at MGM Grand Garden, where he was set to appear. “I hate to put Cabo second to anything, but I feel in this case it’s gotta take second place to Las Vegas.”

The format would follow Hagar’s raucous birthday parties at his Cabo Wabo Cantina in Cabo San Lucas. Hagar is already issuing an open invitation to such artists and friends as Rick Springfield, Billy Idol, Toby Keith, Kenny Chesney, Neal Schon, Vince Neil and members of REO Speedwagon to join the revelry.

An able entrepreneur, Hagar also operates the Strip-side Cabo Wabo Cantina at Planet Hollywood and is partners with star chef Guy Fieri in Santo Tequila Blanco and Santo Mezquila. He has been creating the concept for such a series since he was in town for the Strat’s official renaming event on Jan. 22. The connection is inherently personal: Hagar is friends with Golden Entertainment Executive Vice President and COO Steve Arcana, instrumental in the hotel’s property-wide overhaul.

Arcana also happens to be a rock ‘n’ roll fan, who enlisted John Waite of the Babys and Bad English to perform to his wedding to his wife, Dana Olliges Arcana, in Kauai in 2005.

Springfield, also a guest at the renaming event, is a natural tie-in for a guest role in a Hagar production as the two are partners in Sammy’s Beach Bar Rum. A tandem performance of “I’ve Done Everything For You,” which both recorded (Springfield’s was a hit; Hagar’s was not) is not out of the question.

Hagar wants to be imaginative with his co-headliners, whether they are billed or not. It’s not required that he even be in town, either. A star can perform a one-off if in Hagar’s vision.

“I have been in this business for my entire life,” Hagar said. “I have a lot of friends, rockers and country dudes.”

The rocker also plans to use some of the “Celestia” tent’s existing architecture and production effect, such as scrim and video projections. He also noted the walk-in environment at his Cabo Wabo Cantina, lined with bars and food stations.

“Everybody wants to do a residency, and people are doing residencies, but (what) I want to create with the Strat guys … is more than me going into a building and playing it,” Hagar said. “We want it to be more like an event, a place for fans to come in that’s a consistently cool place.”

As for a name, Hagar says he hasn’t decided what to go with — yet. “I kind of like ‘Sammy Hagar’s Las Vegas Party,’ because that’s what it will be.”

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/thre...69#post2315769

Last Online

04.08.20 @ 05:34 PM
    Liked 4,723 Times in 3,041 Posts

Donor

All Sammy and Dave news should be in main.

13. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

Premium Member

Sammy Hagar (The Red Rocker)

16 hrs ·

With my buddy Sean Boyd Master Coffee Roaster/Owner of Red Whale Coffee getting ready to roast up the Hagar Family Foundation Blend.

We have partnered up for the second year in a row to provide (at no cost) whole bean roasted coffee for St. Vincent De Paul Society of Marin County’s daily meal and service needs.

St. Vincent De Paul in San Rafael serves over 380,000 meals per year on a fixed annual budget and now their coffee is one less thing for them to worry about. I must say everyone deserves a good cuppa joe to start their day.

15. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.24.20 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 9,316 Times in 6,703 Posts

Premium Member

Way go, Sammy!
    Awesome dude.

Last Online

Premium Member

Sammy Hagar

@sammyhagar

The sooner we follow the guidelines, the sooner we can get back to what we do - ROCK ’N’ ROLL! Please take this seriously. Sign of the hornsSoapPalms up together

#CoronaVirus #ByTheRules #StaySafe #14DayLockDown

https://twitter.com/i/status/1241446921111101440

Last Online

Premium Member

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

04.08.20 @ 05:20 PM