Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Eruption cav's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.02.04
    Posts
    786
    Favorite VH Album

    vh 2
    Last Online

    01.21.17 @ 04:23 AM
    Likes
    10
    Liked 35 Times in 13 Posts

    Default Sam on Stern 2013



    This stuff kills me…. Sam's political correctness / I won't forgive Eddie " Joe is the BEST guitar player I've ever heard and or played with", whatever he said horse-bleep. Didn't he say all that about Ed 3 million times back in the day. I don't usually give 2 hoots about such nonsense ( I'm 47), but this rubs me wrong. Come on Sam, you're 65 or so yrs old. I actually can't stand the sound of your voice anymore, simply because of your stupid interviews. You're a great vocalist and super successful business man etc. But this stuff makes me NOT want to root for you. Joe Satriani is a MONSTER guitar player (yes indeed). We all know that. And Joe is a class guy. Why, I say why play the comparison game like this???? Please don't try to diminish Ed's contributions in such silly ways. God knows 5150 was your MOMENT in RnR history and rightfully so. 5150 was great. I guess I'm just in a mood or I just had 4 beers, but tonight is the night I'm all Sammy'd out. I apologize for the rant

  2. #2
    Banned!
    Join Date
    09.21.13
    Age
    47
    Location
    Space Station 5
    Posts
    1,380
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Mine All Mine/The Seventh Seal
    Last Online

    05.16.15 @ 10:42 AM
    Likes
    370
    Liked 213 Times in 135 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cav View Post


    This stuff kills me…. Sam's political correctness / I won't forgive Eddie " Joe is the BEST guitar player I've ever heard and or played with", whatever he said horse-bleep. Didn't he say all that about Ed 3 million times back in the day. I don't usually give 2 hoots about such nonsense ( I'm 47), but this rubs me wrong. Come on Sam, you're 65 or so yrs old. I actually can't stand the sound of your voice anymore, simply because of your stupid interviews. You're a great vocalist and super successful business man etc. But this stuff makes me NOT want to root for you. Joe Satriani is a MONSTER guitar player (yes indeed). We all know that. And Joe is a class guy. Why, I say why play the comparison game like this???? Please don't try to diminish Ed's contributions in such silly ways. God knows 5150 was your MOMENT in RnR history and rightfully so. 5150 was great. I guess I'm just in a mood or I just had 4 beers, but tonight is the night I'm all Sammy'd out. I apologize for the rant
    Sam is a brother. Gary is a brother. Dave is a brother. Ed shovels the same horse shit. Be consistent.

  3. #3
    Romeo Delight fletch5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.30.07
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    101
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

    11.25.17 @ 05:23 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Sammy tends to speak very highly about whomever he is currently playing with. He wrote in the Red Voodoo liner notes that Vic had the best feel of any guitar player he has played with. It doesn't surprise me how much he compliments Joe, but it does surprise me that those compliements come at the expense of Eddie
    Van Halen shows attended:
    08/21/91, 06/29/93
    08/02/93, 04/22/95
    07/18/95, 05/17/98
    07/25/98, 07/02/04
    11/11/04, 10/10/07
    03/09/12, 03/30/12

    David Lee Roth shows attended:
    07/24/91, 05/29/02 - opening night
    09/06/03

    Sammy Hagar shows:
    07/19/97, 06/04/99
    01/05/01, 09/09/01
    05/29/02 - opening night
    07/23/03, 07/04/06

  4. #4
    Eruption cav's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.02.04
    Posts
    786
    Favorite VH Album

    vh 2
    Last Online

    01.21.17 @ 04:23 AM
    Likes
    10
    Liked 35 Times in 13 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redfoot View Post
    Sam is a brother. Gary is a brother. Dave is a brother. Ed shovels the same horse shit. Be consistent.
    What about Al ?

  5. #5
    Good Enough extreme red roth's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.01.03
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,878
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Today? Stay Frosty
    Last Online

    06.16.17 @ 09:53 AM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 104 Times in 44 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fletch5150 View Post
    Sammy tends to speak very highly about whomever he is currently playing with. He wrote in the Red Voodoo liner notes that Vic had the best feel of any guitar player he has played with. It doesn't surprise me how much he compliments Joe, but it does surprise me that those compliements come at the expense of Eddie
    I don't think they come at the expense of Eddie. Sam has said extremely complimentary stuff about Ed's playing (as he should have). In this very interview, he calls him an innovator. That isn't a word that musicians throw around lightly.

    I get what he's saying about Joe. Joe seems like he can do just about anything on guitar. A true master of his craft.

    He didn't ask Sammy who the better song-writer is. We know that's Ed. Joe's songs just don't have it when compared to Ed with just a few exceptions. So combine Ed's song-writing and guitar prowess, and you have the "better" guitar player, which in music is silly to do anyway.
    The Barn Burned Down, Now I can See the Moon

  6. #6
    Romeo Delight fletch5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.30.07
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    101
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

    11.25.17 @ 05:23 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by extreme red roth View Post
    I don't think they come at the expense of Eddie. Sam has said extremely complimentary stuff about Ed's playing (as he should have). In this very interview, he calls him an innovator. That isn't a word that musicians throw around lightly.

    I get what he's saying about Joe. Joe seems like he can do just about anything on guitar. A true master of his craft.

    He didn't ask Sammy who the better song-writer is. We know that's Ed. Joe's songs just don't have it when compared to Ed with just a few exceptions. So combine Ed's song-writing and guitar prowess, and you have the "better" guitar player, which in music is silly to do anyway.
    I was thinking of other interviews when I wrote this, but after reading your comment maybe Sammy isn't as negative towards Eddie as I thought. Out of all the guitar players that have played, I prefer Eddie and agree with your song-writing comment.
    Van Halen shows attended:
    08/21/91, 06/29/93
    08/02/93, 04/22/95
    07/18/95, 05/17/98
    07/25/98, 07/02/04
    11/11/04, 10/10/07
    03/09/12, 03/30/12

    David Lee Roth shows attended:
    07/24/91, 05/29/02 - opening night
    09/06/03

    Sammy Hagar shows:
    07/19/97, 06/04/99
    01/05/01, 09/09/01
    05/29/02 - opening night
    07/23/03, 07/04/06

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Oshkosh 2013-07-20
    By PT 5150 in forum 2012-2013 Van Halen Tour
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07.20.13, 07:01 PM
  2. NBA 2012/2013
    By seenbad in forum Play Ball!
    Replies: 2395
    Last Post: 06.20.13, 08:57 PM
  3. Mother's Day 2013
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05.10.13, 11:18 AM
  4. Van Halen: 2013
    By billy007 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03.20.13, 08:21 PM
  5. VH 2013 Australia
    By mike zack in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 212
    Last Post: 02.11.13, 09:39 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •