Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Two Singers. Two Albums, both albums are self titled.

One album has a Black cover, with a white, classic Van Halen logo. This is Diamond Dave's CD.

The second album, has a white cover, with a black, modern Van Halen logo. The is Sammy's cd.

24 songs in total, 12 an album, 2 instrumentals on each cd.

Release them on the same day as a double cd, and seperate to give fans the options. Release 2 singles to radio on the same day.

Go on a massive North American tour. Watch the money roll in, go out with a bang, and close the curtain on the greatest american rock band in the history of music.

HOW FUCKING COOL WOULD THAT BE? Please Eddie, Mike, Sam, Dave and Al....make it happen.

PEACE

Hang 'Em High James in New York's Avatar
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:05 AM
    Liked 2,054 Times in 667 Posts

That would be incredible.
    Fashion your life as a garland of good deeds.

- Buddha

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In reality, I don't care if they all tour. I just want an album with Roth. 12 new songs would kick my arse!
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

it would be great, but i think it will not happen, and i think we will not see dlr back in vh. there is a better chance of sammy coming back then getting dlr back.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

That would be the best thing they could do IMO. But a world tour instead of only North America. Just thinking about holding a new, double-disc VH album with both Sam and Dave on it is incredible. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You know, it's not a bad idea. But I don't think they would all get along to do it.

Second, while I appreciate your idea, I just really want Dave back in the band full-time. If they don't want to do it, if they claim that can't happen, no problem. I don't have to listen.
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know this idea is such a dream and will probably never happen...but, one thing that got me thinking about it is what Steve Lukather said about the VH bros....how they were "Laughing at their former lead singers"

Well...on the surface it would seem that the VH bros. are being pricks and think that the Sam&Dave tour is a joke...

But what if this tour has made the boys realize 1 important fact of the last 6-7 years, and that is "WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE DOING????"

If Sam and Dave can pull this tour off, and just act like grown men and satisfy the fans, then why can't VH??

Does VH not realize that millions and millions of their fans go to work everyday, and don't always like their co-workers, in fact, many people hate their co-workers, but, they stick it out because that's what you do, you MAKE IT WORK.

Van Halen would satisfy ALL FANS of their unbelievable music if they made a double cd, and it would probably breed such healthy competition between Sam and DAve, that it would do wonders for the songs/effort.

Now, I understand if Van Halen decides not to go this route, but it is completely beyond me why VH can't reunite with AT LEAST 1 of their former singers. These are 50 year old men who act like 2 year olds in a playground.

Anyway, one can dream, and if all VH can muster is one lastgasp, then I hope they go all out and make a Sam&Dave album, then call it a career.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

01.30.06 @ 10:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's all pride man! [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

PEACE! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "You go there once, you'll be there twice" CABO WABO!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:57 AM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

wasn't Sammy the one who was against a 2CD BOV1 cuz he was scared the Roth era would outsell his era????

seems like I remember reading an Eddie interview that mentioned that
    Eat Us and Smile!

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by hain23x:
    wasn't Sammy the one who was against a 2CD BOV1 cuz he was scared the Roth era would outsell his era????

[ July 26, 2002, 07:43 AM: Message edited by: Dennis ]
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by hain23x:

Yep.....

Here's the link to the entire interview:

http://www.vhnd.net/archive/press/rn1296.html

R&N: What was the conversation like after all this time, with all the animosity between the two of you (Ed & Dave)?

EVH: We apologized to each other for any childish behavior or mud-slinging that we had done in the press over the years, but that was not the reason he called. Had the “Best Of” record not been an issue he never would have called just out-of-the-blue to apologize. But it was a good time to apologize to each other and talk about the “Best Of” thing. On the phone, he seemed like a different person. No more LSD, lead singer disease. So mid-week, I decided to just stop by his house. It was just the same place where we used to rehearse and write, in his basement. It used to be his dad’s house and he bought it from him. And we sat out in his backyard for about three hours and just b.s.’d and had a great time and started becoming friends. We never really were friends. Our only common bond was the band. Anyway, we started becoming friends. Now at that time I told Dave that I didn’t know enough about what the deal was because Sammy had been fighting this “Best Of” thing tooth and nail since its conception a year ago, or whenever we decided to actually pursue this.

R&N: Why is that?

EVH: I really don’t know. Personally, I had been pretty vocal about the fact that I felt bands put out “Best Of” things when they were over and done with, but with the internet now, you’re in direct contact with the fans. When you have fans that their first exposure to the band is the “Balance” record and they don’t even realize that you have ten other records out and when they do find out they go, “Which one should I buy?” People were basically saying, “Put out a ‘Best Of’. People were asking for it. To me, it was not the end of anything. Besides that, Warner Bros. has the contractual power to put that out whenever they want anyway, so why not do it right and do it the way you want. The point I’m getting at is all we wanted to do was put a couple extra songs in there to fill up the additional time that was available on the CD as opposed to putting some bullshit fucking old film footage or some video or some crap on that enhanced CD. It was that simple — nothing more, nothing less.

R&N: A quality control issue?

EVH: Yeah. Why not work together instead of when the band breaks up they have the right to put out whatever they want. So I think part of Sam’s fear was that originally Warner Bros. wanted one CD of all Roth-era and one CD of all Sammy-era and that I know he didn’t like for the fear of the old out-selling the new. Now, to me, that’s absolutely insane. It doesn’t matter. It’s a whole different thing. That’s like being a produce guy and saying, “I’m not going to sell oranges because they might outsell the apples.” (Laughs).

R&N: Did Sammy have a problem with performing the Roth era material?

EVH: I think one of Sammy’s biggest problems, looking back, was that he refused to sing more old stuff on-stage. A variety. I don’t mean more songs within the set, I just mean he would never change. He would only sing those particular songs and that was it. “Panama”, “Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love”, “Jump”. What I’m saying is, it was always the same songs he would do. He wouldn’t ever attempt to do any other ones. Actually, in the beginning he refused to do any of them.
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

This is the type of topic we welcome in the Opinions forum, so I'm going to send it over there now. [img]smile.gif[/img]