Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:06 AM
    Liked 1,481 Times in 1,010 Posts

Premium Member

Default Gary Oldman sounds off on PC Hollywood

Actor Gary Oldman is more conservative, politically speaking, than most other people in Hollywood, and in a new interview with Playboy, he goes off on the political correctness that torpedoed both Mel Gibson and Alec Baldwin‘s careers, as well as the liberal double standard in Hollywood over who gets to make jokes about whom.

When asked to weigh in on what Gibson’s dealt with over the years, Oldman said, “I just think political correctness is crap. That’s what I think about it. I think it’s like, take a fucking joke. Get over it.” He said so many “fucking hypocrites” condemned Gibson, but they privately use words like he did.

Oldman also didn’t begrudge Alec Baldwin for using the word “fag” against a paparazzo after his family had been harassed by people with cameras. But because of that one word, he said, Baldwin’s been made into “an outcast, a leper.”

Oldman also went on a bit of a rant about how certain people in Hollywood are allowed to get away with politically incorrect jokes but people like him really can’t:

“Well, if I called Nancy Pelosi a cunt—and I’ll go one better, a fucking useless cunt—I can’t really say that. But Bill Maher and Jon Stewart can, and nobody’s going to stop them from working because of it. Bill Maher could call someone a fag and get away with it. He said to Seth MacFarlane this year, ‘I thought you were going to do the Oscars again. Instead they got a lesbian.’ He can say something like that. Is that more or less offensive than Alec Baldwin saying to someone in the street, ‘You fag’? I don’t get it.”
    He also found it ridiculous that the culture in Hollywood last Oscar season was “if you didn’t vote for 12 Years a Slave you were a racist.”

Read the full Playboy interview, in which Oldman shares more on his personal politics and Hillary Clinton, here.
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/gary-...-in-hollywood/
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:40 PM
    Liked 412 Times in 247 Posts

Oldman could call me a fag and/or a useless cunt and Id feel like I just passed BUDS and got my Trident.
    Last edited by MF5150; 06.23.14 at 05:21 PM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 4,800 Times in 2,450 Posts

Premium Member

I always liked Gary Oldman as an actor. Love him now as a person.

Loved the quote about Nancy Pelosi.

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:11 AM
    Liked 6,832 Times in 3,574 Posts

Premium Member

Been watching a lot of British programing lately, and while the "C" word is still used in a vulgar manner, it seems to have a slightly different range of uses over there.

So even thought he called her a "C", I'm not sure if he really called her a "C"... even though she is a "C".

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 4,800 Times in 2,450 Posts

Premium Member

I think he was using the Americanized version of the word. I also think its generally used to describe a male in Britain. When I lived there, I couldn't remember hearing it be directed to a woman.

Regardless Gary Oldman is just a step below Daniel Day Lewis as an actor.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:31 PM
    Liked 18,132 Times in 8,956 Posts

Nancy Pelosi, the former Speaker of the House, gave the worst "speech" I have ever heard at the National Italian American Gala. She made Sylvester Stallone look like a fucking Rhodes Scholar.

Hey Nancy, "umm...umm...umm...like" is not a speech, that is mumbling.

Out of all the years I have been to it, this lady gave the best speech, by far.

Barack Obama gave a very good speech there as well.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:16 PM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member

Who's that chick?
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood P. View Post
    Who's that chick?
    https://www.google.com/search?q=carl...e=off&tbm=isch
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:17 PM
    Liked 650 Times in 369 Posts

Carla something.
    Little known fact. Her and Kerri Russell were both in Bon Jovi's Always video. turn down the volume and enjoy
    Cabo x 20
    Van Halen x 11
    Sammy x 20+
    DLR x 2

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:31 PM
    Liked 18,132 Times in 8,956 Posts

Carla Gugino.

You get to see everything she's got in Sin City. Nice body on her, Bravo!
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

Default So much for his crusade against hypocrisy and Political correctness LOL

Surprise, surprise: Gary Oldman apologizes

After being roundly condemned by the Anti-Defamation League and the Simon Wiesenthal Center for what they consider anti-Semitic comments defending Mel Gibson in a Playboy interview, Gary Oldman has apologized with a statement to both groups.

But for some reason, he did not apologize to other groups and people he insulted, including gays, African Americans and Nancy Pelosi.

In the Playboy interview, Oldman went on something of a tirade against what he called “hypocrisy,” and “political correctness,” defending comments made by Alec Baldwin and Gibson that were called homophobic, sexist and racist. The examples he used were on the graphic side.

Oldman also expressed an exasperation with being unable to use slurs for women, gays, blacks and Jews, asserting that everyone privately uses them but are condemned when they say them publicly.

“Gary Oldman wants Jews to ‘get over’ what Mel Gibson said,” said Rabbi Marvin Hier, dean and founder of the Simon Wiesenthal Center. “But what Gibson said was the slogan that Adolf Hitler used to murder six million Jews during the Holocaust. His own comment that Hollywood is a town ‘run by Jews’ has a very familiar sinister ring to it that is the anthem of bigots and anti-Semites everywhere. That has nothing to do with political correctness.”

Deadline obtained a copy of the apology:

Dear Gentlemen of the ADL:

I am deeply remorseful that comments I recently made in the Playboy Interview were offensive to many Jewish people. Upon reading my comments in print — I see how insensitive they may be, and how they may indeed contribute to the furtherance of a false stereotype. Anything that contributes to this stereotype is unacceptable, including my own words on the matter. If, during the interview, I had been asked to elaborate on this point I would have pointed out that I had just finished reading Neal Gabler’s superb book about the Jews and Hollywood, An Empire of Their Own: How the Jews invented Hollywood. The fact is that our business, and my own career specifically, owes an enormous debt to that contribution.

I hope you will know that this apology is heartfelt, genuine, and that I have an enormous personal affinity for the Jewish people in general, and those specifically in my life. The Jewish People, persecuted thorough the ages, are the first to hear God’s voice, and surely are the chosen people.

I would like to sign off with ‘Shalom Aleichem’ — but under the circumstances, perhaps today I lose the right to use that phrase, so I will wish you all peace – Gary Oldman.
    Last edited by Greenpaw; 06.25.14 at 09:16 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

In other words, he'd like to keep working.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:58 PM
    Liked 1,385 Times in 760 Posts

Mel Gibson's career has been derailed by his own doing. The guy was rich, famous, acting and directing. He had nothing to complain about. He made his life a train wreck, and insulted many people. That has nothing to do with "political correctness." Gibson was drunk and rambling, made a fool of himself. And a racist fool, to boot. He is not a victim of a leftist conspiracy. If anything, he's a victim of his own stupidity.
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:04 AM
    Liked 6,971 Times in 5,007 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay View Post
    In other words, he'd like to keep working.
    Haha , that pretty much says it all ...
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:21 AM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greenpaw View Post
    Surprise, surprise: Gary Oldman apologizes

After being roundly condemned by the Anti-Defamation League and the Simon Wiesenthal Center for what they consider anti-Semitic comments defending Mel Gibson in a Playboy interview, Gary Oldman has apologized with a statement to both groups.

But for some reason, he did not apologize to other groups and people he insulted, including gays, African Americans and Nancy Pelosi.

In the Playboy interview, Oldman went on something of a tirade against what he called “hypocrisy,” and “political correctness,” defending comments made by Alec Baldwin and Gibson that were called homophobic, sexist and racist. The examples he used were on the graphic side.

Oldman also expressed an exasperation with being unable to use slurs for women, gays, blacks and Jews, asserting that everyone privately uses them but are condemned when they say them publicly.

“Gary Oldman wants Jews to ‘get over’ what Mel Gibson said,” said Rabbi Marvin Hier, dean and founder of the Simon Wiesenthal Center. “But what Gibson said was the slogan that Adolf Hitler used to murder six million Jews during the Holocaust. His own comment that Hollywood is a town ‘run by Jews’ has a very familiar sinister ring to it that is the anthem of bigots and anti-Semites everywhere. That has nothing to do with political correctness.”

Deadline obtained a copy of the apology:

Dear Gentlemen of the ADL:

I am deeply remorseful that comments I recently made in the Playboy Interview were offensive to many Jewish people. Upon reading my comments in print — I see how insensitive they may be, and how they may indeed contribute to the furtherance of a false stereotype. Anything that contributes to this stereotype is unacceptable, including my own words on the matter. If, during the interview, I had been asked to elaborate on this point I would have pointed out that I had just finished reading Neal Gabler’s superb book about the Jews and Hollywood, An Empire of Their Own: How the Jews invented Hollywood. The fact is that our business, and my own career specifically, owes an enormous debt to that contribution.

I hope you will know that this apology is heartfelt, genuine, and that I have an enormous personal affinity for the Jewish people in general, and those specifically in my life. The Jewish People, persecuted thorough the ages, are the first to hear God’s voice, and surely are the chosen people.

I would like to sign off with ‘Shalom Aleichem’ — but under the circumstances, perhaps today I lose the right to use that phrase, so I will wish you all peace – Gary Oldman.

Nancy Pelosi is still a fucking cunt....right?
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.