Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With the Devil
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 05:23 PM
    Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

Default Satriani - New Chickenfoot album "in the pipeline"

Please delete.. Missed this in the other Chickenfoot thread.. My bad.
    Last edited by Bugs Meanie; 06.11.14 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Duplicate post

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 05:18 PM
    Liked 260 Times in 114 Posts

Premium Member

A little confusing, Joe says he thinks there are a couple of albums in the future, then he says he's not sure when they would do them.
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/joe...-left-to-make/

Legendary guitarist Joe Satriani thinks the CHICKENFOOT project has "a couple of more records" left in its career despite singer Sammy Hagar's recent assertion that he didn't "see any reason" to make a new album. The band, which also included ex-VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony andRED HOT CHILI PEPPERS drummer Chad Smith, has not made a CD in three years and Hagar told Rolling Stone that there were no plans to work on a new one in the near future. He explained, "I love making music. But doing it on CHICKENFOOT's level means spending a half million on a record. We write and record for six months. It's a lot of work, and then to not sell many records, it's disappointing. I don't like being disappointed. I like winning."

During an interview for VH1 Classic "That Metal Show" co-host Eddie Trunk's podcast, "Eddie Trunk Podcast", Satriani was asked if he thinks CHICKENFOOT will ever release another album. He responded: "I'm not sure. I'm always that guy that's bugging them. I think I drive them crazy, because I'm always writing songs, I'm sending them demos and saying, 'C'mon, let's do it. Let's do it. Let's do it.'"

He continued: "First of all, Sam, Mike and Chad, they've got other things to do. And Chad, of course, is right in the middle of an album project with the RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, and so that's a difficult thing; that's his main band. And Sam and Mike are now part of Sammy's band [THE CIRCLE, also featuring drummer Jason Bonham], and they have a schedule. And then Sammy, along with all of his businesses, both for profit and for charity, is also extremely busy. So I come back from being around the world and touring and doing this stuff, and I'm, like, 'C'mon, let's go. Let's go.' And they're, like, 'Well, hold on a minute.' And then I'm off again. So I guess I'm partly to blame because of my busy schedule.

"[CHICKENFOOT] is the only band I've ever been in, really, since I left New York that made records. I became a solo artist sort of by accident, and then I've been doing that since '86. And all of a sudden I get a chance [to launch a band] from the ground up…

"It's different from playing with DEEP PURPLE or Mick Jagger; this is a band of equals writing original material. And so I really want it to fly, you know what I mean?! I really wanna put in as much time as I can get into the band. But it's a little different for the other guys, because they have history and they have current commitments — especially Chad; he's in a world-famous band already. [Laughs] So I think that's where it's always a bit funny. We're trying to get our priorities straight, and we probably never will. But I do think there's a couple of more records in there somehow."

Satriani added: "It becomes a little bit stranger as the music industry changes; it's rolling away from focusing on albums. And I think that puts CHICKENFOOT in an even more awkward position, because I think a rock band needs to put out a record and tour; I think that's what you've gotta do. And the putting out a full album and touring is something that, I think, that the four members of CHICKENFOOT are having a hard time fitting into their future schedule. Recording songs, that'd be a piece of cake and we'd love to do it, but I think it's how we proceed after we record songs. Because we're not a singles band, really, we're not a video band, we're not a band that shows up at a TV show with a huge production with clowns and animals and dancers and explosions and stuff; we're a rock and roll band."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/joe...FkqUObgcW7O.99

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:07 PM
    Liked 1,383 Times in 758 Posts

I think that Sam needs to remember his song from Marching to Mars: "Would You Do It For Free?"
    Little Dreamer

4. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 03:58 PM
    Liked 171 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    I think that Sam needs to remember his song from Marching to Mars: "Would You Do It For Free?"
    I don't think that's fair. They should, and deserve to make $$ for their efforts. Even if they have more $$ than they know what to do with.

Thanks for sharing WRR.

I feel bad for Joe in wanting to do Chickenfoot and not getting the support out of the other members.

Joe- if you're reading this- Please don't give up. Please keep writing and bugging these guys. I know your efforts will pay off someday.

6. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 12:05 PM
    Liked 1,878 Times in 1,097 Posts

I think that for the most part the band actually lost money on the CF III album. I think that's what bums sam out with this band.

I think if he broke even he'd be willing to do an album.

rock bands don't really make money right now, I'm sure some do-I'm talking strictly on the album side of things, I know bands make money touring. the last Aerosmith record did't sell well, sam's last record didn't move a ton of copies.

I think for Sam the thought of getting together and writing with Joe is awesome. Going into a a recording studio for a few months to record it is probably fun but everything after that is a pain in the ass with no real pay off for him.

just my impressions.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:53 PM
    Liked 2,380 Times in 1,485 Posts

Premium Member

Just play a few shows a year who cares about new material. Hell I'd pay to just see them jam.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:27 PM
    Liked 18,061 Times in 8,926 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bad to the Bone View Post
    I think that for the most part the band actually lost money on the CF III album. I think that's what bums sam out with this band.
    I just don't even understand how that is possible when you own your own studio.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:27 PM
    Liked 18,061 Times in 8,926 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Just play a few shows a year who cares about new material. Hell I'd pay to just see them jam.
    I would personally much rather have an album. Shows are fun, but I get to listen to an album a potentially unlimited number of times for $15. Pretty good deal.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Eruption
    Last Online

10.31.17 @ 07:54 AM
    Liked 144 Times in 100 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I would personally much rather have an album. Shows are fun, but I get to listen to an album a potentially unlimited number of times for $15. Pretty good deal.
    This.
    Plus, if you want to continue to tour and have a returning audience, you need new music to back it. CF is not a brand like other bigger/"older" acts that have a huge catalog. That needs to be built first.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 03:58 PM
    Liked 171 Times in 102 Posts

There have to be ways to put together an album for significantly less than what Sam is talking about.

He may own the studio, but he doesn't own the power company, the engineers or the production side of the house.

I wonder if a Cabo show could be the answer. Record some new tunes live and use the ticket prices to essentially pay for the front end costs.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:07 PM
    Liked 1,383 Times in 758 Posts

I donno.

Let's suppose Sammy has 1000 times more money than I do.

So for him to drop 500K on a record is like for me to drop $500 on something. If you see things that way, I WOULD totally spend $500 to do a record with Satch, Mike A and Chad S.

Especially if I had $100 M in the bank!
    Little Dreamer

15. The Following Member Likes This Post: