Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:40 PM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

Default flogging the dolphin

‘I had a sexual relationship with a dolphin’
    http://nypost.com/2014/06/10/the-dol...-with-a-human/

He flipped for her — and died of a broken heart.

Peter the Dolphin was just 6 years old when he fell in love — with a human. The bottlenose dolphin met research assistant Margaret Howe just as the free love movement was emerging in 1965.

Howe was supposed to spend 10 weeks teaching Peter English words, but Peter was more focused on getting to know his teacher in a different way.

As he was “sexually coming of age,” Howe said, Peter turned hot for his teacher, and fell in love. Howe and Peter’s star-crossed love story is the focus of a new BBC documentary, “The Girl Who Talked to Dolphins,” set to air next week, according to the Daily Mail.

Howe and Peter did everything together — eating, sleeping, bathing and playing — as part of a NASA experiment that aimed to teach Peter to speak through his blowhole.

The experiment, which plays out like a real-life version of the famous 1973 film “Day of the Dolphin,” had a unique set-up. Dr. John C. Lilly, the experiment’s leader, flooded a sun-drenched remote location in St. Thomas with seawater 22 inches deep. Howe had a desk suspended from the ceiling and a hanging mattress protected by a shower curtain, which Peter loved to splash water at for attention.

Howe’s lessons started immediately, but Peter quickly proved to be a bad boy. She tried hard to get Peter to greet her in the morning by saying, “Hello Margaret,” but he had trouble with the letter “M.” Instead, Peter had something else to greet her with.

About four weeks into the experiment, Howe wrote in her diary: “Peter has become sexually aroused several times during the week.”

“I find that his desires are hindering our relationship,” she wrote. “He jams himself again and again against my legs, circles around me, is inclined to nibble and is generally so excited he cannot control his attitude around me.”

Peter may not have been the only one smitten, though. “That relationship of having to be together sort of turned into really enjoying being together, and wanting to be together, and missing him when he wasn’t there,” Howe admitted.

“I did have a very close encounter with — I can’t even say ‘a dolphin’ again — Peter.”

In the trailer for the documentary, Howe explains that she would masturbate Peter to keep him focused, otherwise he did not pay attention to her lessons.

“It was just easier to incorporate that and let it happen. It was very precious, it was very gentle. Peter knew I was right there, Peter was right there … again it was sexual on his part, it was not sexual on mine — sensuous perhaps,” she said.

“It would just become part of what was going on, like an itch, just get rid of that, scratch it and we’ll be done and move on.”

After the experiment ended and the lab was closed, Peter was shipped back to Lilly’s lab in Miami and his health quickly deteriorated.

A few weeks later, Peter committed suicide, with veterinarian Andy Williamson ruling his cause of death a broken heart.

“Margaret could rationalize it, but when she left, could Peter?” Williamson said. “Here’s the love of his life gone.”

"The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:03 AM
    Liked 1,140 Times in 650 Posts

Is this from the Onion? People jackin off dolphins, wtf?
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With the Devil
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:22 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

Jacked off a dolphin!? On porpoise??!?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Love 'em all! (esp. F.U.C.K)
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

12.04.17 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 1,228 Times in 845 Posts

Sexual shenanigans aside, am I the only one to find the notion of poor Peter dying of a broken heart to be something of a...Tear-Jerker???
    I'm FEMALE...Deal with it!

"Whatever you do, wherever you go, there you are..." Edward Van Halen 1986

"You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

"Life's too short to stuff a mushroom"... Shirley Conran, 1975

"You turn if you want to...The LADY is NOT for turning!"...Margaret
    Thatcher, 1980

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:38 AM
    Liked 7,894 Times in 4,618 Posts

Premium Member

"They call him Dripper, Dripper, faster than lightning..."

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:25 AM
    Liked 6,851 Times in 3,588 Posts

Premium Member

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

Default Vat is with all THA FLOGGING?! VIT WHO IS THA FLOGGING?!

"To train the Dolphin, you must first think like the Dolphin, getting inside the Dolphins head and communicating....AGAYY AGAYYYYY AGAYYYY.....and he is up on the tail...EEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEE.....

And you can quote him........

- Heinz Getzwellwet. Trainer of Dolphin.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:25 AM
    Liked 866 Times in 508 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

From the Wikipedia entry “Animal Suicide":

Many animals that appear to be depressed or grieving begin to exhibit self-destructive behavior that sometimes ends in death.[1] In 1845, the Illustrated London News reported that a Newfoundland dog had been acting less lively over a period of days before being seen "to throw himself in the water and endeavor to sink by preserving perfect stillness of the legs and feet".[1] Every time he was rescued he attempted to do this again before he finally held his head underwater until death.[1] Other dogs, as well as ducks, have also drowned themselves.[2] One duck did so after the death of its mate.[3] At Overtoun Bridge in Scotland, many dogs have been known to leap to their deaths; although long reported to be suicide, many scientists have now attributed it to the smell of mink.[4] Some dogs will refuse food after the death of their owner until they die as well.[3] Pods of whales have repeatedly beached themselves in mass strandings.[5][6] In 2009, 28 cows and bulls mysteriously threw themselves off of an alpine cliff over the span of three days.[7] One deer leapt from a cliff to its death so as to avoid being captured by hunting dogs.[3] In 2005 in Turkey, 1,500 sheep walked off of a cliff; some 400 died.[8] Suicidal behavior has been observed more in female animals than male and in more vertebrates than invertebrates.[9]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 35 Times in 17 Posts

Premium Member

Training the dolphin by Freeing his Willies...