Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default We came out of the White House not only dead broke, but in debt,

June 9, 2014
    Hillary Rodham Clinton defended the millions of dollars she and her husband have been earning in speaking fees, saying they had huge bills to pay when he left the White House.

We came out of the White House not only dead broke, but in debt, Clinton told Diane Sawyer of ABC News. We had no money when we got there, and we struggled to, you know, piece together the resources for mortgages, for houses, for Chelseas education. You know, it was not easy.

The ABC News interview is part of a media onslaught as Clintons memoir, Hard Choices, goes on sale Tuesday. The excerpt about speaking fees aired Monday on Good Morning America, and there is more to come Monday night.

http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2014/...speaking-fees/

June 10, 2014
    Hillary Clinton seeks to clear up 'dead broke' comment

Hillary Rodham Clinton on Tuesday sought to contain the damage done by her comment that she and her husband were dead broke after he left the White House, saying that she understands the economic challenges facing many Americans.

Let me just clarify I fully appreciate how hard life is so for many Americans today, Clinton said during a live interview on ABC News. Its an issue Ive worked on and cared about my entire adult life.

http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2014/...on-dead-broke/
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:41 PM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    June 9, 2014
    Hillary Rodham Clinton defended the millions of dollars she and her husband have been earning in speaking fees, saying they had huge bills to pay when he left the White House.

We came out of the White House not only dead broke, but in debt, Clinton told Diane Sawyer of ABC News. We had no money when we got there, and we struggled to, you know, piece together the resources for mortgages, for houses, for Chelseas education. You know, it was not easy.

The ABC News interview is part of a media onslaught as Clintons memoir, Hard Choices, goes on sale Tuesday. The excerpt about speaking fees aired Monday on Good Morning America, and there is more to come Monday night.

http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2014/...speaking-fees/

June 10, 2014
    Hillary Clinton seeks to clear up 'dead broke' comment

Hillary Rodham Clinton on Tuesday sought to contain the damage done by her comment that she and her husband were dead broke after he left the White House, saying that she understands the economic challenges facing many Americans.

Let me just clarify I fully appreciate how hard life is so for many Americans today, Clinton said during a live interview on ABC News. Its an issue Ive worked on and cared about my entire adult life.

http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2014/...on-dead-broke/
    Such a dumb cunt this woman is, she has no fucking idea what broke really is. I'm glad she keeps saying stupid shit like this, it makes her look like an out of touch elitest without the slightest clue of what reality is. A president makes what, 400k a year and that is broke to you? Somebody put a bullet in this bitch please.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 06:18 PM
    Liked 1,084 Times in 726 Posts

Premium Member

Well those legal fees can add up. Especially when you constantly require legal representation. Can make maintaining your established standard of living tough. Good thing Bill's out earning a steady paycheck.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

She truly is an inspiring rags to riches story, isn't she? I guess if you can be "broke" and still own 3 homes and vacation in the Hamptons, then the American Dream is alive and well.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:13 PM
    Liked 18,158 Times in 8,974 Posts

She is not counting the 8 MILLION DOLLARS IN BOOK GUARANTEES they already had signed before they left the White House. Yeah, most Americans are really going to feel sorry for someone who is going bankrupt on a US President's salary. Please.

Sweet Jesus, for her first interview out of the gate as a potential Presidential candidate, she sure dropped the ball, on a multitude of issues.

And Hillary, by the way, security of US government employees overseas IS the responsibility of the State Department, just thought I would clear that up for you.

And for anyone in politics, an apology with "but" in it is NOT an apology, and taking responsibility for something and adding a "but" to it is NOT taking responsibility.

Man, that was a soft interview too, and she really screwed it up. She might not even get the Democratic ticket if she keeps messing up like that.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:22 PM
    Liked 6,702 Times in 3,721 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post

i doubt that.

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:55 AM
    Liked 1,885 Times in 1,102 Posts

she's an idiot.

the worst part of the ABC interview for me? when asked about Bengazi she responded with something like "I think the United States should be playing in the minor leagues"

Even if you think some are making to big a deal out of bengazi I found it very distasteful that she referred to it like that.

I honestly can't stand her.

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, Tokyo Dome In Concert, is available for purchase, and its super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

I can't stand her, but I guess I'm missing the point of the initial questioning over speaking fees. Who cares? If someone wanted to pay me $200,000 to yammer away for 30-40 minutes, sign me up. As for Bill, I don't have much use for him either, but he is an excellent speaker, and a former president. Why shouldn't he get big money for a speech now?
    Posted from yo' mama's house.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:13 PM
    Liked 18,158 Times in 8,974 Posts

I have absolutely no problem with them making the money they do.

It's just the crying poor when he was making what, $400K a year with NO living expenses?

Yeah, must have been tough. My heart bleeds.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts

Premium Member

Default We came out of the White House not only dead broke, but in debt,

What a phony the woman's never been poor in her life. Her father was a multimillionaire when a buck was a buck. Guess she's black too. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, ADKOT
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:29 PM
    Liked 444 Times in 246 Posts

Unfortunately this stupid bitch will get elected......yes, we are that dumb.
    M*U*L*E

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:49 PM
    Liked 1,387 Times in 761 Posts

What she's saying is probably correct, if you do the math. They were in debt. But what she fails to mention is that the banks were very eager to LET THEM be in debt, because of who they were. You and I would be shut down way before we reach 10 M of debt. That's where the injustice is.
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Dangle View Post
    Unfortunately this stupid bitch will get elected......yes, we are that dumb.
    I don't know. I can see the reasons why people say that, because many of them are true. But I can't get past a couple things:

- As much as people like Hillary, there's a sizable portion of people that hate her. True, you only need 51% (or even less) to get elected President, but there are more people that absolutely hate her and would never vote for her than people that absolutely love her and would vote for her no matter what. That's tough to overcome--not impossible--but tough.

- Despite it being "her time" and the media pushing her as the chosen candidate, Hillary was quickly overtaken by a 1st term Senator with no real experience. Of course, his lack of experience was as much an asset as it was a detriment (you can't be attacked if you aren't against anything), but the fact that she was so easily overtaken by Obama means there is still a good portion of her own party that don't want her in. That's why you hear grumbles of Elizabeth Warren, which leads to:

- There will be a primary season and any challenger to HRC will have to come at her from the left. Why does this matter? Well, just look at what the long primary season did to Mitt Romney. There was a guy who was a blue state governor, was outside the Washington establishment, was just shy of being a saint in his personal life, and he was painted as a far-right, uncaring, establishment candidate. Much of this was him having to prove his conservative credentials in the primaries which gave ammo to the opposition in the presidential election.

- This is similar to my 2nd point, but don't discount the lack of appetite for a "chosen candidate." Any time Americans are told they have to do something, there's a large chunk of the population that wants to give the middle finger and go against the narrative. It happened the last time, so it can happen again. This is also why she's waiting to announce her interest. She's already made up her mind, but she has nothing to gain by exposing herself to the harsh media that follows any candidate around.

- As always it will depend on the candidate that she faces. No race is run in a vacuum, and the Republicans will have to find a candidate with a populist message but has the backing of the conservative base. If they find that candidate, any Democratic candidate is going to have a tough time due to the distaste for Washington and an unpopular President from the same party. While she will try to distance herself from the negatives Obama has, it will be darn near impossible given her and her husband's ties to Obama Presidency and re-election campaign.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:03 PM
    Liked 1,329 Times in 799 Posts

Boston Globe review of Hillary's new book ("Hard Choices") by Margery Eagan:

My take on Hillary Clintons new book, Hard Choices.

Too long (600 pages).

Too phony. Cant she tell us, just once, what she really thinks?

Too many tours through too many countries meeting leaders weve never heard of. (Quick, whos Elias Taban?)

Too boring no easy feat when youve witnessed, in real time, the Navy SEALs move in on Osama bin Laden.

Too safe. Hillary reveals no hard choices in Hard Choices. If she knows what hard ones shed make as president, shes not telling. Thats a problem. Making hard choices is what presidents do.

And not to pile on here, but when is enough enough?

This is Hillarys second memoir, her seventh book. There have been at least 60 books written about her. Some 
include Bill. Hillary burst into our national consciousness in 1992 when she defended her 
aw-shucks, cavorting husband on 60 Minutes. For the 22 
years since, shes been impossible to escape, along with the nonstop analysis of her marriage, hairdos, pantsuits, motives and next Machiavellian move.

I havent decided yet, she declares about running for president in 2016 on the 595th page of Hard Choices.

But of course she has decided. Shes running. Would-be presidents routinely trot out these inoffensive pre-campaign tomes and then book tour America. But for a reported $14 million fee, could she not have thrown us a single gossipy bone?

Why tease us with repeated mentions of her beloved aide, Huma Abedin, without mentioning that weirdo husband of hers, ex-congressman Anthony Weiner, who tweeted out sexed-up pictures of himself under the alias Carlos Danger?

On policy matters, she admits she was wrong to vote for the Iraq war. She goes on, tantalizingly, about the NSA, climate change and drone warfare, for example. But again, she does not tell us the hard choice shed make about any of them.