Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:00 AM
    Liked 378 Times in 224 Posts

Default EVH Wolfgang Special on closeout!?!

Just got a music catalog in the mail. In it it says the EVH Wolfgang Special is on closeout, which to me means it's discontinued. Anybody hear anything about this? Maybe they are going to reintroduce the line and do it the way it should have been, better than the Peavey Specials which are pretty damn good. Or is it going away forever? From this catalog it seems they might be trying to focus on the Stripe Series. And it looks like they are adding at least one more Stripe Series. So are they eliminating the Special and going with the Striped Series as a lower priced EVH Guitar with feel and sound still like the USA series?

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Aint Talkin Bout Love
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 11:35 AM
    Liked 460 Times in 200 Posts

Don't know anything about the discontinued wolfs but I'd bet and hope the new striped series is the fair warning unchained circles replica.

Rob

Whoa, this is heavy! Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 11:52 PM
    Liked 2,858 Times in 1,069 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Places like Sweetwater and Zzounds have had a price drop to $899, Musician's Friend to $999, and I'm sure other retailers will follow suit. Just a price drop, just like how the 5150iii started at $1999 and is now ~$1800. I'd be surprised if they discontinued the line, maybe they're just trying to move their existing inventory (which they probably paid more for) in light of the new pricing.

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:04 AM
    Liked 6,971 Times in 5,007 Posts

Premium Member

I'd be very shocked if the Wolfgang Special line was to be gone forever . Those guitars get into the hands of more players IMO . Also , I think the striped series is cool and all , but kind of limited . They are great to own and play , yet are single pickup axes and limited to a very select and somewhat small niche .

I don't see them having the diversity and appeal of the Wolf models . I could be wrong .
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars, Dreams
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:18 AM
    Liked 168 Times in 75 Posts

I agree. The striped series is really only for VH fans. If you play guitar and don't like EVH or Van Halen that much, why would you buy the striped series? As has already been said, you're limited with a single pickup and no tone control. It is really only for the big VH fans out there, whereas the Wolfgang is for anyone, as evident by the list of artists who use them on the EVH Gear site.

On Fire Eddie's Littler Monster's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

07.14.17 @ 10:27 AM
    Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

I actually have it on pretty decent authority that they may be ready to discontinue all the stripe series except the red, black, white and that the unchained version will be a limited run.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 05:00 PM
    Liked 45 Times in 18 Posts

I impulse bought a cherry special hard tail the other day, it was on special at Long and Mcquade. when they rang the guitar up it said they no longer carry this product.

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by evh5150vanhalen View Post
    I impulse bought a cherry special hard tail the other day, it was on special at Long and Mcquade. when they rang the guitar up it said they no longer carry this product.
    I've had similar experiences when dealing with L&M's website . Which location did you shop at ?
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 05:00 PM
    Liked 45 Times in 18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vhMcG View Post
    I've had similar experiences when dealing with L&M's website . Which location did you shop at ?
    99% of the time it's Halifax, but I'll pop into one in Calgary when I have time and I'm out there working.

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by evh5150vanhalen View Post
    99% of the time it's Halifax, but I'll pop into one in Calgary when I have time and I'm out there working.
    Cool . I use their Toronto area locations . There are 3 which are within my general route .

P.S. - I lived in Calgary when I was 8-12 , in a suburb called Beddington Heights . Small world ... Cheers

Eruption
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 10:33 PM
    Liked 266 Times in 142 Posts

Premium Member

I built a Bumble Bee that plays so nice, I almost regret painting it, as it'd be silly to play it at gigs for anything other than VH tunes. If I could round up the exact same parts again, I'd consider doing another build and painting it seafoam so I could use if for other tunes at gigs.

Why would they discontinue Wolf Specs?

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.30.16 @ 11:24 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 22 Posts

I saw that as well. But to me that price isn't a blow out price. A few months ago Guitar Center was selling Stealth Hard Tail Specials for $450. I have an American Stealth with a Floyd, but at $450 I asked if they had any Specials with a Floyd. They didn't.
    Last edited by LivingTheDream; 06.07.14 at 12:06 PM.

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:00 AM
    Liked 378 Times in 224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maltiero View Post
    I agree. The striped series is really only for VH fans. If you play guitar and don't like EVH or Van Halen that much, why would you buy the striped series? As has already been said, you're limited with a single pickup and no tone control. It is really only for the big VH fans out there, whereas the Wolfgang is for anyone, as evident by the list of artists who use them on the EVH Gear site.
    I agree. But I wear my b/w striped sneakers to work. I work at a hospital so I see a lot of people come and go. Almost no one knows what they are, but I get a lot of compliments. In fact a co worker said he was going to buy a pair. When he saw the y/b he says he bought two pair!

Made me think if the VH sneakers we're say displayed at mall shoe store, they'd probably sell a lot. People like the artwork. At least that's been my experience. I doubt too many people would buy the guitar for the same reason though.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:10 PM
    Liked 911 Times in 467 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AFU View Post
    I agree. But I wear my b/w striped sneakers to work. I work at a hospital so I see a lot of people come and go. Almost no one knows what they are, but I get a lot of compliments. In fact a co worker said he was going to buy a pair. When he saw the y/b he says he bought two pair!

Made me think if the VH sneakers we're say displayed at mall shoe store, they'd probably sell a lot. People like the artwork. At least that's been my experience. I doubt too many people would buy the guitar for the same reason though.
    Why isn't this a thing? They'd make a ton off that and just continue to expose Van Halen to my generation.

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie's Littler Monster View Post
    I actually have it on pretty decent authority that they may be ready to discontinue all the stripe series except the red, black, white and that the unchained version will be a limited run.
    Does your insider have the scoop on the release date and street price for the new replica ?