Thread: MORRISSEY!

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:27 AM
    Liked 11,728 Times in 6,498 Posts

Premium Member

Default MORRISSEY!

This thread is for all the MORRISSEY fans on the board. That's right, all THREE of us.

The new single from his forthcoming Album, "World Peace Is None Of Your Business", followed by footage from his concert Friday night which I attended.

"Istanbul"

When he first cried
    His mother died
    I had tried to be his guide
    When he was born I was too young
    The father searches for the son

In Istanbul
    Give him back to me
    Oh, Istanbul
    Give me back my brown-eyed son

Moonlight jumping through the trees
    Sunken eyes avoiding me
    From dawn to dusk the hunt is on
    The father searches for the son

In Istanbul
    Give him back to me
    In Istanbul
    Give me back my brown-eyed son

On secret streets in disbelief
    Little shadow shows the lead
    Prostitutes; stylish and glum
    In amongst them you are one
    Oh, what have I done?
    Rolling breathless off the tongue
    The vicious street gang slang
    I lean into a box of pine
    Identify the kid as mine
    Istanbul
    Istanbul

Last edited by bklynboy68; 06.02.14 at 06:51 PM.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Default Morrissey - Earth Is The Loneliest Planet w/ Pam Anderson.

She looks great.

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:22 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I thought i was probably the only person who likes VH and Morrissey...

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH, WACF, FW, 5150, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams/Unchained/InASR/5150
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 04:30 AM
    Liked 298 Times in 161 Posts

#3 checking in! Love me some Steven Patrick Morrissey!

I grew up on KMET, KNAC, KROQ, and 91X (among other stations). I fell in love with The Smiths. When they went their separate ways, I was bummed; however, when I heard that Morrissey was gonna be a solo artist, I was stoked. He hasn't disappointed!

More later.

"The shit I read on this site." -- Dave's Dreidel (Nov 6th, 2013)

"Don't ever confuse talent with fame." -- Bob Lefsetz

"There's very little greatness in this world, but in the crucible of quality there's a special corner reserved for Van Halen." -- Bob Lefsetz

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:23 PM
    Liked 283 Times in 151 Posts

#4 is here. Long live the Moz. Seeing him tomorrow in Atlanta.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsitive View Post
    #4 is here. Long live the Moz. Seeing him tomorrow in Atlanta.

Cool. Shoplifters of the world unite!

Unfortuately

http://www.accessatlanta.com/weblogs...-atlanta-show/

Almost unbelievably, the Wednesday Morrissey concert at Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center has been canceled.
    This marks the fourth time since December 2012 that the British singer has canceled an Atlanta show. The tour launched May 7 and is slated to continue through June 21. His next scheduled concert is Friday in Atlantic City, New Jersey. According to the show’s promoters, Morrissey, the touring crew and opener Kristeen Young have come down with a virus. The show was selling robustly, with only a couple of rows of rear mezzanine seating still available Tuesday. All tickets will be refunded at point of purchase, which indicates a rescheduled date isn’t planned.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:23 PM
    Liked 283 Times in 151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Cool. Shoplifters of the world unite!

Unfortuately

http://www.accessatlanta.com/weblogs...-atlanta-show/

Almost unbelievably, the Wednesday Morrissey concert at Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center has been canceled.
    This marks the fourth time since December 2012 that the British singer has canceled an Atlanta show. The tour launched May 7 and is slated to continue through June 21. His next scheduled concert is Friday in Atlantic City, New Jersey. According to the show’s promoters, Morrissey, the touring crew and opener Kristeen Young have come down with a virus. The show was selling robustly, with only a couple of rows of rear mezzanine seating still available Tuesday. All tickets will be refunded at point of purchase, which indicates a rescheduled date isn’t planned.
    Bummer. Guess I'm not heading to Atlanta tomorrow!

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:54 AM
    Liked 2,383 Times in 1,487 Posts

Premium Member

I went to Vegas for Sammys club opener /Chickenfoot show about 4 years ago and saw Morrissey at the Hard Rock. I enjoyed it. Strange but overpowering voice and great band. I was always into Roxy Music and Bryan Ferry they were a big influence on Morrissey and to me similar style. To bad he has health problems lately.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    According to the show’s promoters, Morrissey, the touring crew and opener Kristeen Young have come down with a virus.
    Why is it I can never find a picture of Nigel and David with cold sores when I need it?

"There's very little greatness in this world, but in the crucible of quality there's a special corner reserved for Van Halen." -- Bob Lefsetz

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Just did the iTunes pre-order of the deluxe version of the new album. Got three songs already: "World Peace Is None Of Your Business", "Istanbul", and Earth Is The Loneliest Planet". I can't wait!

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Morrissey Cancels Another Show in Atlantic City, Kristeen Young Mysteriously Leaves Tour

In a move that is largely unsurprising Morrissey has scrapped another tour date. After the "Earth Is The Loneliest Planet" singer and his touring crew caught a nasty virus earlier this week, causing the fourth Morrissey show cancellation in Atlanta in just 18 months, Moz has postponed another show.

According to Morrissey's official Facebook page, the virus that caused the singer to straight up cancel his June 4 concert in Atlanta has continued to plague him and his crew, forcing them to reschedule the June 6 concert in Atlantic City, New Jersey.

"As Morrissey and the touring party recover from a virus, the engagement in Atlantic City at the Revel Ovation Hall has been postponed to Sunday, June 22. All previously purchased tickets will be honored on the new date," the statement reads.

But, fans of Moz in Boston need not worry (for now). The post declares: "The tour will resume as originally scheduled, without question, at the Boston Opera House on Saturday, June 7."

Though the tour will resume as scheduled on June 7, there will be one glaring difference: the loss of an opening act. After supporting Morrissey through North America, singer Kristeen Young has mysteriously left/been booted from the tour.

"We won't be continuing as opening band for the Morrissey tour. Thanks to all who showed up early and gave us such life-sustaining enthusiasm. Thanks to Morrissey for his years of support and generosity. There are lots of plans and lots of possibilities and we can't wait to tear into them," she said in a statement on Facebook.

The Morrissey tour 2014 is set to resume June 7 in Boston. Check out the remaining tour dates below:

06/7: Boston, MA @ Boston Opera House
    06/10: Baltimore, MD @ Meyerhoff Symphony Hall
    06/11: Washington, DC @Lincoln Theatre
    06/13: Chicago, IL @ Civic Opera House
    06/14: Flint, MI @ James Whiting Auditorium
    06/16: Lewiston, NY @ Artpark Main Stage Theater
    06/17: Wilmington, DE @ Grand Opera House
    06/19: Hershey, PA @ Hershey Theatre
    06/21: New York, NY @ Barclays Center (with Sir Cliff Richard)
    06/22: Atlantic City, NJ @ Revel Ovation Hall *
    * - rescheduled date

Sucks all around. Especially about Kristeen Young, she's a genius.

http://www.musictimes.com/articles/6...sly-leaves.htm

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

"Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me"...I loved this song before I ever heard it because of that title. Heard it and then really fell in love with it. You know...teen angst, loneliness, etc. I think when I got to that song when I bought the tape, I stopped, rewound it, and listened to it maybe 5-6 times in a row.

I learned it on acoustic right away (I played it in Am instead of Em) and made some of the girlies swoon. Ha ha ha!

I love the live version from Morrissey's Earl's Court album. It's my favourite. I like older Mozz singing it better than a young Mozz. And, "Don't forget me! I love you! Goodbye!"...classic.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Default He made it

Well, he played in Boston tonight. Here's the setlist

1. The queen is dead
    2. You have killed me
    3. Certain People I know
    4. Ganglord
    5. Im throwing my arms around Paris
    6. Kick the bride down the aisle
    7. The Bullfighter died
    8. Trouble loves me
    9. World Peace is None of your business
    10. To give the reason I live
    11. Life is a pig sty
    12. Istanbul
    13. Yes I am blind
    14. Earth is the loneliest planet
    15. Meat is murder
    16. Speedway
    17. Asleep
    18. The first of the gang to die

And here's the studio version of the new track, "Earth Is The Loneliest Planet" featuring my girl, Kristeen Young

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Default TOUR CANCELLED

Something's not right.

Tuesday June 10th 2014

Morrissey announces the close down of the present U.S. tour with "unimaginable sorrow".

On Saturday, June 7th, following the show at Boston Opera House, Morrissey collapsed and was rushed to Massachusetts General Hospital where doctors treated Morrissey for "acute fever". Difficulties had arisen on May 31st following Kristeen Young's opening set at the Miami Knight Concert Hall, after which Kristeen confessed to "a horrendous cold", the symptoms of which were passed on to Morrissey resulting in the cancellation of the next show in Atlanta.

For the good of all, Kristeen was asked to step down from the immediate upcoming shows, but instead she decided to leave the tour entirely. Morrissey and the band wish her well and hope she is now in good health.
    Morrissey received medical attention in Miami, and once again in Boston, but it was not enough to shake off the virus, the recovery time for which is too lengthy to meet the final 9 shows of the tour.
    Morrissey and the band are otherwise delighted and very grateful for their experiences on the U.S. tour, some shows of which they considered to be their best-ever, most notably:

1 BOSTON Opera House
    2 LOS ANGELES Sports Arena
    3 BEAUMONT Julie Rogers Theater
    4 NASHVILLE Ryman Auditorium
    5 MEMPHIS Orpheum Theater

http://true-to-you.net/

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Bummer. I wonder what the heck is wrong?