Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    29,884
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 11:54 AM
    Likes
    1,881
    Liked 6,851 Times in 3,588 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default Michael Anthony On the ‘History Of Rock’ With Sammy Hagar, Hot Sauce + His Legendary

    Michael Anthony On the ‘History Of Rock’ With Sammy Hagar, Hot Sauce + His Legendary Jack Daniel’s Bass

    http://ultimateclassicrock.com/micha...014-interview/

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk CaboChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    45
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    15,751
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 07:29 PM
    Likes
    4,337
    Liked 7,895 Times in 4,618 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    La Victoria Green on my eggs was a staple in the morning for many years.

  3. #3
    Good Enough extreme red roth's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.01.03
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,878
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Today? Stay Frosty
    Last Online

    06.16.17 @ 09:53 AM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 104 Times in 44 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Kind of the usual softball interview.

    I don't think Mike has to rehash the album cover stuff or the way he found out about the 2007 reunion, but it would be nice if the following questions were asked of him (or asked of him more than once, to see if he has anything different to say):

    1. Now that the dust has settled, and you're in Chickenfoot and obviously happy, and Wolf and Dave are now in Van Halen, do you have anything you want to say for closure sake?

    2. I read once that you thought some of the stuff on ADKOT was good, if not rehashed, and you remembered playing on a few of those tunes. Now that some time has passed, what are your overall thoughts on the album? What did you think about the playing on it? What did you think about Dave's singing?

    3. You've probably been asked this a million times, but please give a real and honest answer...if they asked you to come back to Van Halen...either for a tour or a new record, would you do it? Do you think that would piss your friend, Sammy off?

    4. Now that Ed appears to be in a much better mental state, have you given any thought to giving him a call and burying the hatchet? I mean, even though we all know he treated you like crap, would you ever consider that?

    5. Would there ever be a chance in hell, in your opinion, of a super tour with 1/2 Dave and 1/2 Sammy and you on the bass?

    6. Speaking of Chickenfoot...is the lack of activity due to lack of sales of the last album? Because the music is great, and you guys need to make more and get out there and tour! What's the hold up? Yes, Chad is touring with the Peppers, but would a new drummer be considered ever? Who won't move forward without Chad? You? Sam? Joe?

    7. Mikey, you are a great bassist and background vocalist. Your energy on stage and your appeal to the "every" fan has given you rock legend status. The knock on you has always been that you don't contribute in the writing of new music. Is this fair? Have you ever written any music that made it to a Van Halen or Chickenfoot album?

    8. And is there any chance you would ever consider a solo album with you singing lead vocals?
    The Barn Burned Down, Now I can See the Moon

  4. #4
    Atomic Punk CaboChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    45
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    15,751
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 07:29 PM
    Likes
    4,337
    Liked 7,895 Times in 4,618 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by extreme red roth View Post
    7. Mikey, you are a great bassist and background vocalist. Your energy on stage and your appeal to the "every" fan has given you rock legend status. The knock on you has always been that you don't contribute in the writing of new music. Is this fair? Have you ever written any music that made it to a Van Halen or Chickenfoot album?
    This.

    Why are interviewers and interviewees so pussy when it comes to asking hard questions. We need a Mike Wallace in Rock journalism.

  5. #5
    Good Enough extreme red roth's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.01.03
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,878
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Today? Stay Frosty
    Last Online

    06.16.17 @ 09:53 AM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 104 Times in 44 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    This.

    Why are interviewers and interviewees so pussy when it comes to asking hard questions. We need a Mike Wallace in Rock journalism.
    I'm guessing the problem is publicists, right? Hey, Mike is willing to sit down and do an interview with you, but keep it about the music. No soap opera questions about Van Halen, Sammy, or Chickenfoot. Focus on the music and Mike will grant more interviews in the future. Cross the line and you're crossed off the list forever.

    I'd take the risk. How many times can we all read the same shit? No offense to Mike, but I already knew that he appreciate Sammy, because he was musical and a guitar player and they all wanted to keep the Van Halen name. And the only new stuff I learned was that he doesn't feel like making money of the JD bass. Good for him.
    The Barn Burned Down, Now I can See the Moon

  6. #6
    Atomic Punk MF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.04
    Age
    29
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,331
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Likes
    299
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    This.

    Why are interviewers and interviewees so pussy when it comes to asking hard questions. We need a Mike Wallace in Rock journalism.
    You can't figure that out?


    If you're an interviewer who is told by a manager or publicist, "Hey, don't bring up this, that and the other thing.", and you proceed to ask questions regarding this, that and the other thing, news will travel around fast that you're a dick of an interviewer and that people shouldn't grant you interviews anymore. Nobody will want to talk to you.

    If Mike's agent or publicist says, "Hey. Don't bring up VH in your questions..."...you're going to get a really bad reputation for being a dick if you don't abide by that request and you'll be out of a job in no time. Regardless of what publication or website you work for, if you disrespect an artists request word will get around and therefore you'll be useless to your employer then you'll be without a job.

    And for what? Because you just had to ask the hard hitting questions regarding something that isn't really all that important in the grand scheme of things? It's rock and roll, not world politics/affairs.

    Hell, even Howard Stern had to bow and kiss ass when he first started out. Nobody starts off being a ballsy interviewer. You gotta gain respect before you start blazing your own trail.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

  7. #7
    Atomic Punk CaboChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    45
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    15,751
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 07:29 PM
    Likes
    4,337
    Liked 7,895 Times in 4,618 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by extreme red roth View Post
    I'm guessing the problem is publicists, right? Hey, Mike is willing to sit down and do an interview with you, but keep it about the music. No soap opera questions about Van Halen, Sammy, or Chickenfoot. Focus on the music and Mike will grant more interviews in the future. Cross the line and you're crossed off the list forever.

    I'd take the risk. How many times can we all read the same shit? No offense to Mike, but I already knew that he appreciate Sammy, because he was musical and a guitar player and they all wanted to keep the Van Halen name. And the only new stuff I learned was that he doesn't feel like making money of the JD bass. Good for him.
    I understand how the game works and my question was more of a rhetorical one. Having said that, I don't believe Mike is the type of guy to have stipulations for interviews nor do I believe his "people" do either. A guy like EVH? Absolutely. The question you would ask is a question that should have been brought up ages ago because they're kinda important in the story of VH. "Why did Ed make you give up those rights"? "How do feel about Ed wanting to replace you all those years ago"? "Do you not write or compose anything"? "You love to jam but how come you've never started your own band"? You can have a softball interview but still throw in some harder questions respectfully, that have never been asked before. So what did we learn from this "new" interview? Mike likes JD and hot sauce.

  8. #8
    Atomic Punk Dave's Dreidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.05
    Age
    47
    Location
    Kate Upton's Closet
    Posts
    37,945
    Favorite VH Album

    Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

    The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 03:33 PM
    Likes
    3,517
    Liked 18,190 Times in 8,988 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    I understand how the game works and my question was more of a rhetorical one. Having said that, I don't believe Mike is the type of guy to have stipulations for interviews nor do I believe his "people" do either. A guy like EVH? Absolutely. The question you would ask is a question that should have been brought up ages ago because they're kinda important in the story of VH. "Why did Ed make you give up those rights"? "How do feel about Ed wanting to replace you all those years ago"? "Do you not write or compose anything"? "You love to jam but how come you've never started your own band"? You can have a softball interview but still throw in some harder questions respectfully, that have never been asked before. So what did we learn from this "new" interview? Mike likes JD and hot sauce.
    I would disagree with you there. If any public figure has an agent or a publicist, interviews are controlled. Period.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

    Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

    David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

    Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

    Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

    DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

  9. #9
    Atomic Punk Dave's Dreidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.05
    Age
    47
    Location
    Kate Upton's Closet
    Posts
    37,945
    Favorite VH Album

    Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

    The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 03:33 PM
    Likes
    3,517
    Liked 18,190 Times in 8,988 Posts

    Default

    Is anyone really THAT interested in this History of Rock tour?

    I'm not. I mean, it's nice they are out playing, but anytime I see DLR or Sam up on stage without VH, I always think to myself "man, I wish Van Halen was up there with him".

    I really don't get too psyched up to listen to Sam and the rest of the band play an hour and a half of cover songs.

    I hear that shit every weekend at the local watering hole...for free.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

    Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

    David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

    Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

    Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

    DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

  10. #10
    Good Enough extreme red roth's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.01.03
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,878
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Today? Stay Frosty
    Last Online

    06.16.17 @ 09:53 AM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 104 Times in 44 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Is anyone really THAT interested in this History of Rock tour?

    I'm not. I mean, it's nice they are out playing, but anytime I see DLR or Sam up on stage without VH, I always think to myself "man, I wish Van Halen was up there with him".

    I really don't get too psyched up to listen to Sam and the rest of the band play an hour and a half of cover songs.

    I hear that shit every weekend at the local watering hole...for free.
    I'm getting there, DD. I mean based on his most recent set lists, you could almost predict the set list. Here I'll try:

    Bad Motor Scooter
    Red
    One Way to Rock
    Three Lock Box
    Heavy Metal
    I Can't Drive 55
    Best of Both Worlds
    Summer Nights
    Top of the World
    Mas Tequila
    Little White Lies
    Rock and Roll (Zep)
    Whole Lotta Love (Zep)
    Goin' Down (Sammy and Friends)

    Encore: Summer Nights

    Not a bad show, but I've seen this story many times at this point. Bless Sam for still playing. His energy, his voice, and his enthusiasm are contagious. I, of course, would enjoy myself at any of his shows.

    More. Damn. Chickenfoot. Shows. Albums. Whatever. Plug Chad when he can...call up Kenny or use Bonham, I don't care. Joe and Sammy (and Mike)...that's what I care about at this point. Sammy is 66. Time is at a premium.
    The Barn Burned Down, Now I can See the Moon

  11. #11
    Banned!
    Join Date
    09.21.13
    Age
    47
    Location
    Space Station 5
    Posts
    1,380
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Mine All Mine/The Seventh Seal
    Last Online

    05.16.15 @ 10:42 AM
    Likes
    370
    Liked 213 Times in 135 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel
    I really don't get too psyched up to listen to Sam and the rest of the band play an hour and a half of cover songs.
    How is it a cover song if Sammy Hagar is the original writer and performer?

    I've been to several Sammy Hagar concerts and they sound nothing like the garbage at the local watering hole.

  12. #12
    Good Enough BlindtotheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.18.09
    Age
    44
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    2,061
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 10:04 AM
    Likes
    852
    Liked 1,035 Times in 506 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Is anyone really THAT interested in this History of Rock tour?
    To a degree, no but………if I’m lucky, I get to see the guy every other year on average. He’s 66 now, would be 68 the next time, etc. How much longer will this last?

    I am looking forward to hearing Bonham play live though.
    "...it's steak and whiskey time in America." - bklynboy68

  13. #13
    Atomic Punk Dave's Dreidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.05
    Age
    47
    Location
    Kate Upton's Closet
    Posts
    37,945
    Favorite VH Album

    Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

    The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 03:33 PM
    Likes
    3,517
    Liked 18,190 Times in 8,988 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redfoot View Post
    How is it a cover song if Sammy Hagar is the original writer and performer?

    I've been to several Sammy Hagar concerts and they sound nothing like the garbage at the local watering hole.
    I got confused, no surprise.

    I thought this was a tour of cover songs that he was doing to cover the history of rock. I know I have read about it, but obviously someone else is doing what I am thinking of.

    This is better, but I am sure they won't even sniff my neck of the woods.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

    Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

    David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

    Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

    Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

    DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

  14. #14
    ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    29,884
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 11:54 AM
    Likes
    1,881
    Liked 6,851 Times in 3,588 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    You must be thinking of The Voice of Queensryche.

  15. #15
    Eruption Paulsitive's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.31.05
    Age
    33
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    873
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning/F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 09:05 PM
    Likes
    232
    Liked 283 Times in 151 Posts

    Default

    I wish they would go ahead and just release all the dates for this tour. Sam solo hasn't hit the southeast since like 2006 and not at all since 2009. Jeez.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08.19.13, 10:44 AM
  2. Michael Anthony on Planet Rock Live Tonight
    By Polo Muncher in forum Mad Anthony
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04.17.10, 01:26 PM
  3. Michael Anthony/School of Rock
    By Nostalgia Act in forum Mad Anthony
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10.17.08, 03:35 PM
  4. MICHAEL ANTHONY, SAMMY HAGAR Working On New Project
    By Metal Marc in forum The Red Rocker
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05.21.08, 08:06 AM
  5. Replies: 58
    Last Post: 06.08.06, 04:15 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •