Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 07:39 PM
    Liked 1,487 Times in 1,016 Posts

Premium Member

Default Horrifying Audio of Man Killing Unarmed Teens Released By Court

Horrifying Audio of Man Killing Unarmed Teens Released By Court

Byron Smith waited in his basement with energy bars and bottled water. When the boy and girl snuck into his house, he stood his ground. Fired. Again. And again. Over their bodies. Over her screams. Then he delivered a five-minute vigilante tirade over the corpses. We know this, because he recorded it all:

Smith, 65, says he was defending his Little Falls, Minnesota, home that Thanksgiving in 2012. His castle. But he crowed gleefully for the deaths of 17-year-old Nick Brady and 18-year-old Haile Kifer, shooting them again after they were down, just to be sure, blotting out her voice with his shots and calling her a "bitch."

On the basis of that recording—embedded below—and the fact that he dragged the bodies into a tarp so as to avoid blood on his carpet, he is now serving life for first-degree murder. And if his actions and words don't make you wonder whether America's penchant for paranoia and armaments has gotten out of hand, nothing will.

Be warned—this is the audio recording of two teens being shot to death, and an armed madman rationalizing his act with every NRA comic-book cliché that ever ejaculated from the mouth of a fatuous wannabe vigilante. It is not easy to hear. But it is important.

Even if you do not listen, read the transcript of Smith's post-killing rant below. But you should listen to the audio.

Here is who he killed:

http://gawker.com/horrifying-audio-o...ium=socialflow
    Do not listen if you get upset easily. You can hear the girl scream as he continues to shoot her even after it appears that she was already down.

The transcript is there to read if you don't want to listen.

My thought was to say that is what happens when you break into other peoples houses. But it's a tough listen...
    Last edited by rocknblues81; 05.03.14 at 12:33 AM.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:46 PM
    Liked 11,786 Times in 6,532 Posts

Premium Member

I read that Gawker article and found it a bit much. This man was no vigilante, he was in his home. The man also appears to be bat shit crazy. The two burglars were involved in another burglary and were also drug addicts. This guy was burglarized several times by the time this happened. You're right, this is what happens when you decide you're going to break the law and break into someone's house. That being said, the homeowner went way too far and that audio just proves that he is , BAT SHIT CRAZY. Just listen to that audio and tell me he isn't disturbed.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 07:39 PM
    Liked 1,487 Times in 1,016 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    I read that Gawker article and found it a bit much. This man was no vigilante, he was in his home. The man also appears to be bat shit crazy. The two burglars were involved in another burglary and were also drug addicts. This guy was burglarized several times by the time this happened. You're right, this is what happens when you decide you're going to break the law and break into someone's house. That being said, the homeowner went way too far and that audio just proves that he is , BAT SHIT CRAZY. Just listen to that audio and tell me he isn't disturbed.
    It sounds like he had them stopped, but decided to finish them off.

After more labored breathing and another dragging sound, Smith calls her “bitch” again. He told authorities that after he moved her, he noticed she was still gasping and didn’t want her to suffer, so he fired under her chin with a 22.-caliber handgun, according to a report in the Pioneer Press. The Star Tribune reported Smith told investigators the last time he fired was “a good clean finishing shot” and “she gave out the death twitch.”
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...m_national_pop

“a good clean finishing shot”
    He wanted to kill these teens.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    It sounds like he had them stopped, but decided to finish them off.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...m_national_pop

He wanted to kill these teens.
    Like I said, he was BAT SHIT CRAZY. If he would have stopped and just called an ambulance , he would have been fine in the eyes of the law. I'm sorry, but that kill shot on the girl was just horrendous. Like I said , BAT SHIT CRAZY.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

All 3 people are at fault. If those 2 teenagers had stayed away from this guy's home, they'd be alive, and this guy wouldn't be facing jail....well at least not with this break-in.

After injuring each teenager with a shot, he didn't need to also do a kill-shot.
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

Fucking disgusting.

This about sums it up and it's a superb comment on the culture of guns in the US.

The rhetoric of self-defense has grown so crude, so kneejerk, so unironically on-the-offensive—along with the stereotyping of petty criminals as all violent leeches whose lives are forfeit—that it's grotesque, and it's time to fix it, on every level and in every way possible. Is listening to this tape hard? So is having the conversation about how we fix our broken, insecure, paranoid society before all of America becomes Inner America, before every man is a heavily armed island citadel.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:48 AM
    Liked 109 Times in 44 Posts

Ugh. Stupid, stupid and stupid. How you can kill an unarmed girl crying "oh god, oh god" is beyond me. What a way to go - what a waste of life. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    Fucking disgusting.

This about sums it up and it's a superb comment on the culture of guns in the US.

The rhetoric of self-defense has grown so crude, so kneejerk, so unironically on-the-offensive—along with the stereotyping of petty criminals as all violent leeches whose lives are forfeit—that it's grotesque, and it's time to fix it, on every level and in every way possible. Is listening to this tape hard? So is having the conversation about how we fix our broken, insecure, paranoid society before all of America becomes Inner America, before every man is a heavily armed island citadel.
    Like I said in my earlier post, the article is a bit much. The writer obviously has an agenda. He is so anti second amendment and anti gun that he allows himself write a big crock of shit like that. In that same article he manages to throw in his anti NRA digs. He makes this man out to be a vigilante when the guy was IN HIS OWN HOME. The man was also burglarized several times before this happened.

He complains about "the stereotyping of petty criminals as all violent leeches whose lives are forfeit". THEY BUSTED INTO HIS FUCKIN' HOUSE JACKASS! That alone is a violent act.

These two "petty criminals" were also suspects in other burglaries. I remember when this story first broke and they mentioned that these two knew who this guy was, and knew that he was , ready? BAT SHIT CRAZY! The female also was suspected of stealing some drugs. So two drug addicted burglars break into a mentally disturbed man's home, get killed, and this little dickface writer from Gawker of all places , uses it as a platform to rail against guns and insinuate that the NRA would approve of his actions and words.

In case anyone doesn't know, the NRA has written all the firearm standards and training curriculum used in EVERY LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY IN AMERICA. You walk into any federal or local law enforcement agency in this country and you will find that their instructors are all NRA certified. That means that their certification came from an NRA certified training school. All licensed firearm training in America must meet NRA standards. This means that they're not the evil empire from outer space planning to destroy earth that the anti gun nuts want everyone to believe.

The man acted exactly how you would expect a mentally disturbed human being to act,

Last edited by bklynboy68; 05.03.14 at 01:19 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 2,240 Times in 1,357 Posts

guys a nut job. First of all he said he was "hiding" from the burglars who he "feared were armed" no, he hid his car to make it look like no one was home so that they WOULD break into his home again. He WANTED them there and he laid in wait, with energy bars and a something to drink!

why he decided to tape the whole thing, including everything he said that left no choice but to convict..along with his statement to the police about a "good clean finishing shot" is astounding. He was proud of killing these to kids. PROUD, of killing someone. If what he really wanted was to catch the kids, he could have laid in wait outside the home and called the cops when the break in began...or instead of using an audiotape to document things, he could have put in a video camera to catch them in the act....nope, this guy was pissed off, not fearful, and he was looking for an excuse to kill someone

these were nuisance burglars...bound to get more brazen and perhaps dangerous, but it was not his right to be their executioner.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Like I said in my earlier post, the article is a bit much. The writer obviously has an agenda. He is so anti second amendment and anti gun that he allows himself write a big crock of shit like that. In that same article he manages to throw in his anti NRA digs. He makes this man out to be a vigilante when the guy was IN HIS OWN HOME. The man was also burglarized several times before this happened.

He complains about "the stereotyping of petty criminals as all violent leeches whose lives are forfeit". THEY BUSTED INTO HIS FUCKIN' HOUSE JACKASS! That alone is a violent act.

These two "petty criminals" were also suspects in other burglaries. I remember when this story first broke and they mentioned that these two knew who this guy was, and knew that he was , ready? BAT SHIT CRAZY! The female also was suspected of stealing some drugs. So two drug addicted burglars break into a mentally disturbed man's home, get killed, and this little dickface writer from Gawker of all places , uses it as a platform to rail against guns and insinuate that the NRA would approve of his actions and words.

In case anyone doesn't know, the NRA has written all the firearm standards and training curriculum used in EVERY LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY IN AMERICA. You walk into any federal or local law enforcement agency in this country and you will find that their instructors are all NRA certified. That means that their certification came from an NRA certified training school. All licensed firearm training in America must meet NRA standards. This means that they're not the evil empire from outer space planning to destroy earth that the anti gun nuts want everyone to believe.

The man acted exactly how you would expect a mentally disturbed human being to act,

Id prefer if people who are, as you described him, BATSHITCRAZY not be allowed to have firearms in their house. But that's just me...
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

As horrible as it is - he had a right to protect himself and his property. What a mess!!!

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:33 PM
    Liked 18,189 Times in 8,988 Posts

Why was he taping it?
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

Because it was his right to tape it and he wanted to.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    As horrible as it is - he had a right to protect himself and his property. What a mess!!!
    He had a right to protect himself within reason. These were KIDS, not adult armed robbers. Plus he was ready for them. Almost premeditated. He had no right to become executioner. Period. There's no argument that can be made in defense of this guy. Simply breaking into somebody's house doesn't put a death sentence on those who are breaking in and it doesn't give the house owner the right to use LETHAL force.

And these were kids. Not adults.

Fuck him and I hope he rots in prison.
    Last edited by MF5150; 05.03.14 at 04:52 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

I think (and I may be wrong) once you break into someone's home you forfeit your rights. And I don't think the protector has a responsibility to define his aggressors prior to protecting himself and his property.

I hate guns, and have been called a hippie many a time on this site, but I'm not sure the shooter acted illegally.