Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Alert resident, police thwart school massacre that teen planned for months

Alert resident, police thwart school massacre that teen planned for months

WASECA, Minn. (AP) -- Authorities said Thursday that they prevented an "unimaginable tragedy" by foiling a teenager's elaborate plot to kill his family and bomb the junior and senior high school in the southern Minnesota city of Waseca.

Police arrested the 17-year-old suspect Tuesday and charged him in juvenile court Thursday with four counts of attempted first-degree murder, six counts of possessing explosive or incendiary devices and two counts of criminal damage to property. The charges say he told police he intended to kill "as many students as he could."

Capt. Kris Markeson told reporters that authorities believe the teenager was acting alone and would have carried out the attack in the next few weeks if he hadn't been caught. Markeson said he was disturbed by the amount of guns and other material the youth obtained. He said he could not divulge if specific students were targeted. He said police were tipped by a resident who reported a suspicious person at a self-storage facility.

"This case is a classic example of citizens doing the right thing in calling the police when things seem out of place. By doing the right thing, (an) unimaginable tragedy has been prevented," Markeson said.

School Superintendent Thomas Lee said the 11th-grader was known to school officials but they had no major issues with him. He said teachers tried to reach out to him, but he was shy.

"We have escaped what could have been a horrific experience," Lee said.

The investigation began in late March after three small explosive devices were discovered at an elementary school playground in the city of 9,400 people, about 80 miles south of Minneapolis. The youth allegedly admitted setting off practice bombs there.

According to the charging documents, The Free Press of Mankato reported, the suspect kept a 180-page notebook that detailed his plans. He allegedly told police he planned to shoot his mother, father and sister, then start a fire in a rural field to distract first-responders while he went to the school to set off pressure-cooker bombs in the cafeteria. He also allegedly planned to throw Molotov cocktails, gun down students and kill a school liaison officer while he helped injured students.

He said his ultimate goal was for a SWAT team to kill him.

The teen allegedly referenced the Columbine, Virginia Tech and Sandy Hook school shootings in his notebook, and idolized the Columbine shooters.

Police got a break Tuesday with the tip. An officer found the teen in a storage unit that had numerous materials that could have been used to make bombs.

According to the documents, the boy was initially defensive but told officers he would tell them what he was doing if they could guess correctly. When an officer guessed he was making explosive devices, he allegedly said "Yes" and agreed to speak. He allegedly told police he would have shot the responding officer if he had brought a gun to the storage unit.

He told police he had ammunition, guns and bombs in his bedroom and provided a key to his gun safe to officers. Police recovered seven firearms, ammunition and three functional bombs from the boy's home, along with black clothing and a ski mask, KARE-TV reported.

The 17-year-old made his first court appearance Thursday and was sent to a juvenile detention center in Red Wing, the Star Tribune of Minneapolis reported. His next court date is May 12.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/01/justic...tack-thwarted/

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/0...mpting-murder/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-students.html
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:13 PM
    Liked 18,158 Times in 8,974 Posts

Nice parenting job.

Guns and bombs in his room.

Well done. Can they arrest the parents for failure to be actual "parents"?
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Nice parenting job.

Guns and bombs in his room.

Well done. Can they arrest the parents for failure to be actual "parents"?
    Where does one get the money to buy all of these weapons? How can a parent not notice that?
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:58 AM
    Liked 1,626 Times in 872 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    Where does one get the money to buy all of these weapons? How can a parent not notice that?

I wonder if he obtained them legally? Were his parents not concerned about a gun safe in his room and what was in it?

Sent via carrier pigeon
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Van Halen View Post
    I wonder if he obtained them legally? Were his parents not concerned about a gun safe in his room and what was in it?
    He was 17. I thought you had to be at least 18 to purchase a rifle or shotgun. If that's still the case, then I'd say he obtained them illegally, no?

Regardless, the fucker had bombs and intent. 'Nuff said. Good riddance, scumbag!
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:58 AM
    Liked 1,626 Times in 872 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    He was 17. I thought you had to be at least 18 to purchase a rifle or shotgun. If that's still the case, then I'd say he obtained them illegally, no?

Regardless, the fucker had bombs and intent. 'Nuff said. Good riddance, scumbag!

Yeah. That was my point.

Sent via carrier pigeon
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:34 PM
    Liked 6,973 Times in 5,009 Posts

Premium Member

This has been on the news where I live too . Unbelievable , that these kinds of things are happening more and more . Thank God that yet another massacre has been avoided ! Kudos to those who helped foil this sicko's game plan .

Wow , kids and the world in general sure have changed since I was a kid . I don't like the way things are heading ...
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:48 AM
    Liked 1,483 Times in 1,012 Posts

Premium Member

What is it with these psychotic white teens these days? This seems to be an issue with the grudge and post grudge youth.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw