Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

01.07.16 @ 05:41 PM
    Liked 66 Times in 29 Posts

Default NGD incoming! Purple first year quilt!

Well, I have been waiting years for the *right* purple first year quilt to come up for sale and one finally did, from a friend no less lol. I was checking ebay and it had just popped up, wasn't even on there for a few minutes. Clicked on it and noticed it was my buddy Jim. Shot him an email and we worked out a sweet deal and he pulled the ad, all within under an hour. He says it came from a collector and is pretty much unplayed, looks like it just came off the wall in 97 and still has the plastic on the back!

Out of the 30+ guitars that have gone through my hands the past few years, I have regretted selling only 6 of them. 4 of those were Wolfgangs(although Ive had ALOT more than 4 wolfs lol), 1. My pre production prototype 2. my custom shop 3. my red first year quilt and then my Seafoam green standard(Ill post a pic of each under the pic of the purple)

This one is going on the do not sell list(which my girlfriend is actually making me sign an agreement, she is sick of the constant flipping) Unfortunately I was $800 short due to the $3k Friedman I rebought this weekend sooooo The EVH stealth went back for the cash. The stealth was nice but really doesn't compare to the Peavey's, especially a first year quilt, so it was a no brainer for me. If the stealth is there in a few weeks I'll most likely go and grab it again.

Here's a quick pic, should be here by thursday

And now for some wolfgang eye candy:
    The pre production prototype(as confirmed by Peavey) I sold this one to Jim, the same guy who sold me said purple(he's bought quite a few from me) This is my number 1 most regretted sale.

My old custom shop, This one I traded to Brett at gilaguitars.com. No chance of ever getting this one back

My red first year quilt. You didn't see a lot that had tops this nice out of the factory. Was played but in good shape. Should've kept it

The Seafoam...best color ever. Got it from Brett, sold it back to Brett. I WILL have another one
    Last edited by lessthanone; 04.28.14 at 06:39 PM.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 04:05 PM
    Liked 916 Times in 468 Posts

I have a white Peavey Wolf Standard. I believe it's an 01. I really should have waited for a nice deal on a quilt. Those are absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Nothing compares.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

02.17.16 @ 10:54 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lessthanone View Post
    Well, I have been waiting years for the *right* purple first year quilt to come up for sale and one finally did, from a friend no less lol. I was checking ebay and it had just popped up, wasn't even on there for a few minutes. Clicked on it and noticed it was my buddy Jim. Shot him an email and we worked out a sweet deal and he pulled the ad, all within under an hour. He says it came from a collector and is pretty much unplayed, looks like it just came off the wall in 97 and still has the plastic on the back!

Out of the 30+ guitars that have gone through my hands the past few years, I have regretted selling only 6 of them. 4 of those were Wolfgangs(although Ive had ALOT more than 4 wolfs lol), 1. My pre production prototype 2. my custom shop 3. my red first year quilt and then my Seafoam green standard(Ill post a pic of each under the pic of the purple)

This one is going on the do not sell list(which my girlfriend is actually making me sign an agreement, she is sick of the constant flipping) Unfortunately I was $800 short due to the $3k Friedman I rebought this weekend sooooo The EVH stealth went back for the cash. The stealth was nice but really doesn't compare to the Peavey's, especially a first year quilt, so it was a no brainer for me. If the stealth is there in a few weeks I'll most likely go and grab it again.

The pre production prototype(as confirmed by Peavey) I sold this one to Jim, the same guy who sold me said purple(he's bought quite a few from me) This is my number 1 most regretted sale.

My old custom shop, This one I traded to Brett at gilaguitars.com. No chance of ever getting this one back

My red first year quilt. You didn't see a lot that had tops this nice out of the factory. Was played but in good shape. Should've kept it

The Seafoam...best color ever. Got it from Brett, sold it back to Brett. I WILL have another one
    Wow! love that seafoam colour!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

06.23.15 @ 06:07 PM
    Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts

I love that rich purple color. It looks so awesome. And I would do anything for a seafoam green Wolfgang, it's my favorite color of the whole line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

the one Ed plays guitar on
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:17 PM
    Liked 784 Times in 422 Posts

That seafoam is truly gorgeous.

And how the HELL did you talk yourself into getting rid of a documented prototype?!?

My love/loyalty lies with the EBMM line, and if I were to EVER come across one of THOSE prototypes, that little guitar would end up getting buried with me...

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by hubs View Post
    That seafoam is truly gorgeous.

And how the HELL did you talk yourself into getting rid of a documented prototype?!?

My love/loyalty lies with the EBMM line, and if I were to EVER come across one of THOSE prototypes, that little guitar would end up getting buried with me...
    lol, its makes me sick sometimes thinking about it...

Eruption
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 10:33 PM
    Liked 266 Times in 142 Posts

Premium Member

I have to have a seafoam. Latest one on eBay had a $1999 BIN price, which is nuts. I balked at the last one that went for $1600 a few weeks ago. If I found one for $1200ish, I'd pounce. But the EBMM EVHs are coming down now, so the Peaveys probably will too for a little while.

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:38 PM
    Liked 6,983 Times in 5,016 Posts

Premium Member

Those are some amazing looking guitars !
    I've always been partial to the purple quilt EBMM's , but that pink one looks fantastic too .

Not to be rude towards anyone's taste , but I was never a fan of the Sea Foam , or Gold Top finishes . To each their own .
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,627 Times in 873 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I sold a georgeous purple flame USA special in '09. I would kick my own butt if I could.

Sent via carrier pigeon
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:38 PM
    Liked 6,983 Times in 5,016 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Van Halen View Post
    I sold a georgeous purple flame USA special in '09. I would kick my own butt if I could.

Sent via carrier pigeon
    I can relate ...
    There was a rough patch I had (family issues) that required me to unload some gear . I sold a US purple flame special , and an amber EXP special .

I generally prefer a quilt top over a flame , but that purple one looked beautiful !
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Eruption
    Last Online

06.30.17 @ 01:26 AM
    Liked 131 Times in 74 Posts

enjoy it! i have a 1st year quilt in each color. great guitars.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

Well, got it last night and was exactly as my friend described, dead mint! Was perfectly set up too so Ive been ripping through it since. Probably up there with the top 3 best playing sounding wolfgangs Ive had(out of 10-15 or so) I'll post a clip playing through the Friedman brown eye this weekend.
    *As a side note- It came with the original first printing of the manual. That red prototype I pictured was questioned to be pictured in the manual in a black and white picture I found in a later printing. Myself and a few HUGE evh collectors at the time when I owned it matched up the quilt to the picture but because the picture was black and white we couldn't be completely be sure. I sent out a mass email to all my EVH friends asking if anyone knew about the guitar in the picture,including Peavey, and no one could find a color pic. Wouldn't you know, I open up the manual last night and there's the goddamn color picture I was searching for. I almost threw up knowing I sold that very guitar...Trying desperately to buy it back now

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

well, not sure how to post the actual video as a reply so heres the link. This is the first year quilt through the Friedman be100.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

01.12.17 @ 06:23 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts

Well, got it last night and was exactly as my friend described, dead mint! Was perfectly set up too so Ive been ripping through it since. Probably up there with the top 3 best playing sounding wolfgangs Ive had(out of 10-15 or so) I'll post a clip playing through the Friedman brown eye this weekend.
    *As a side note- It came with the original first printing of the manual. That red prototype I pictured was questioned to be pictured in the manual in a black and white picture I found in a later printing. Myself and a few HUGE evh collectors at the time when I owned it matched up the quilt to the picture but because the picture was black and white we couldn't be completely be sure. I sent out a mass email to all my EVH friends asking if anyone knew about the guitar in the picture,including Peavey, and no one could find a color pic. Wouldn't you know, I open up the manual last night and there's the goddamn color picture I was searching for. I almost threw up knowing I sold that very guitar...Trying desperately to buy it back now
    It's in good hands now lessthanone it completes my EVH owned Wolfgang collection

Top Of The World
    Last Online

01.12.17 @ 06:23 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts

well, not sure how to post the actual video as a reply so heres the link. This is the first year quilt through the Friedman be100.
    I can't believe I didn't read this..... About two years ago, I went to the "amp show" with some friends during our trip to NAMM. That amp impressed the shit out of me. It was a crazy setup in a hotel. Walking up and down the halls with various boutique amp builders. That head is insane.