Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

10.22.18 @ 11:24 AM
    Liked 1,423 Times in 941 Posts

Premium Member

Well yeah that's a big part of it. Homeless advocates recommend So. Cal as a destination because of the weather and social services available. Not a lot of homeless headed to Green Bay Wisconsin.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

Tom Brady hates tomatoes

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

10.22.18 @ 04:56 PM
    Liked 22,320 Times in 11,214 Posts

Premium Member

I question any study that has Iowa as the best place to live.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

10.22.18 @ 08:38 PM
    Liked 3,894 Times in 2,307 Posts

Isn’t the whole point that the weather, climate, and access to things to do are so sought after by people that California can do all kinds of crazy stuff and the people won’t leave?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

10.22.18 @ 06:17 PM
    Liked 14,486 Times in 8,171 Posts

Premium Member

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

10.22.18 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 3,017 Times in 1,854 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood P. View Post
    Filmed on the bike path in Anaheim near Angel Stadium. You can see the stadium about halfway thru the vid.

Now not all of So. Cal looks like this, homeless tend to congregate in certain areas. Our mild climate and social programs do seem to attract them. City (Anaheim) wants to clear area out but it's not that simple a task I suppose. Maybe someone from the area knows more.

whoever "scored" the film seems to
    blame Trump and Bush I. ???
    My late father used to tell me back in the mid 1970s when all the steel mills,clothing mills, auto, TV and radio manufacturers headed to Asia we were destined to become like this. We went from a producer economy to a consumer economy and then we let all the illegals in on top of that. If this homeless group continues to grow like this I would expect an uprising in the future. I hope I'm not around to see it but my grand kids will .
    Last edited by edwardv; 03.03.18 at 06:44 AM.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

10.22.18 @ 09:36 PM
    Liked 4,159 Times in 2,192 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Man...he needs to interrupt his guest a lot less and be less snarky. Make an intelligent logical point if you want to change opinions. I think he had a couple of them buried somewhere in the unlikable presentation.

Last Online

10.23.18 @ 01:19 AM
    Liked 8,736 Times in 4,709 Posts

Premium Member

Default 5/8/2018

Proposal to split California into 3 states has enough signatures to qualify for November ballot

http://kdvr.com/2018/05/08/proposal-...vember-ballot/

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

10.22.18 @ 06:17 PM
    Liked 14,486 Times in 8,171 Posts

Premium Member

Splitting up California: State Supreme Court takes initiative off ballot

Bob Egelko July 18, 2018

The state Supreme Court decided Wednesday that California will remain intact geographically, at least for now, while it decides whether the voters can consider a proposal to divide the Golden State into three new states.

The three-state initiative, Proposition 9, had gathered enough signatures to qualify for the November ballot. Nine days after opponents filed suit, the court issued a unanimous order removing the measure from the ballot and ordering further legal arguments on whether it should be placed on another ballot in 2020 or struck down altogether.

The court said it usually allows ballot measures to go to the voters before considering constitutional challenges. But in this case, the six justices said, “significant questions regarding the proposition’s validity” and the “potential harm” of allowing a public vote before those questions are resolved “outweighs the potential harm in delaying the proposition to a future election.”

Those questions include whether California voters’ broad authority to enact laws by initiative, established in 1911, includes the power to break up the state, and in the process abolish its Constitution and existing laws, to be replaced by lawmaking bodies in three future states.

The narrower legal issue is whether Prop. 9, drafted as a change in the laws that define California’s boundaries, would actually amount to a “revision” of the state Constitution. That cannot be done by initiative, but instead requires approval by two-thirds of both houses of the Legislature to be placed on the ballot.

“We believe it is clear that a ballot initiative may not revise the Constitution by making changes in the basic framework of government,” said Carlyle Hall, a lawyer for opponents who sued to take Prop. 9 off the ballot. “And there can be no greater change in our framework of government than the total abolition of our existing Constitution.”

Howard Penn, executive director of the Planning and Conservation League, lead plaintiff in the lawsuit, said Prop. 9 would have caused “chaos in our public services including safeguarding our environment ... all to satisfy the whims of one billionaire.”

The billionaire is Bay Area venture capitalist Tim Draper, who drafted Prop. 9, qualified it for the ballot and has represented himself without a lawyer in the court proceedings. Draper argued that California has become ungovernable — its taxes too high, its schools and public services in disrepair, its 39 million-plus residents far too numerous to be represented democratically by 120 elected legislators.

He reacted indignantly to the court order.

“Apparently, the insiders are in cahoots and the establishment doesn’t want to find out how many people don’t like the way California is being governed,” Draper said in a statement. He said the six justices “probably would have lost their jobs” under the three-state plan.

“The whole point of the (state’s) initiative process,” he added, “was to be set up as a protection from a government that was no longer representing its people. Now that protection has been corrupted.”

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics...s-13085880.php

[
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

10.22.18 @ 09:36 PM
    Liked 4,159 Times in 2,192 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Splitting up California: State Supreme Court takes initiative off ballot

Bob Egelko July 18, 2018

The state Supreme Court decided Wednesday that California will remain intact geographically, at least for now, while it decides whether the voters can consider a proposal to divide the Golden State into three new states.

The three-state initiative, Proposition 9, had gathered enough signatures to qualify for the November ballot. Nine days after opponents filed suit, the court issued a unanimous order removing the measure from the ballot and ordering further legal arguments on whether it should be placed on another ballot in 2020 or struck down altogether.

The court said it usually allows ballot measures to go to the voters before considering constitutional challenges. But in this case, the six justices said, “significant questions regarding the proposition’s validity” and the “potential harm” of allowing a public vote before those questions are resolved “outweighs the potential harm in delaying the proposition to a future election.”

Those questions include whether California voters’ broad authority to enact laws by initiative, established in 1911, includes the power to break up the state, and in the process abolish its Constitution and existing laws, to be replaced by lawmaking bodies in three future states.

The narrower legal issue is whether Prop. 9, drafted as a change in the laws that define California’s boundaries, would actually amount to a “revision” of the state Constitution. That cannot be done by initiative, but instead requires approval by two-thirds of both houses of the Legislature to be placed on the ballot.

“We believe it is clear that a ballot initiative may not revise the Constitution by making changes in the basic framework of government,” said Carlyle Hall, a lawyer for opponents who sued to take Prop. 9 off the ballot. “And there can be no greater change in our framework of government than the total abolition of our existing Constitution.”

Howard Penn, executive director of the Planning and Conservation League, lead plaintiff in the lawsuit, said Prop. 9 would have caused “chaos in our public services including safeguarding our environment ... all to satisfy the whims of one billionaire.”

The billionaire is Bay Area venture capitalist Tim Draper, who drafted Prop. 9, qualified it for the ballot and has represented himself without a lawyer in the court proceedings. Draper argued that California has become ungovernable — its taxes too high, its schools and public services in disrepair, its 39 million-plus residents far too numerous to be represented democratically by 120 elected legislators.

He reacted indignantly to the court order.

“Apparently, the insiders are in cahoots and the establishment doesn’t want to find out how many people don’t like the way California is being governed,” Draper said in a statement. He said the six justices “probably would have lost their jobs” under the three-state plan.

“The whole point of the (state’s) initiative process,” he added, “was to be set up as a protection from a government that was no longer representing its people. Now that protection has been corrupted.”

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics...s-13085880.php

[
    Interesting. That's one way to do it. Instead of moving out, split the state up. Let Southern Cali deal with the immigration issue if you live up north.

I assume all three would remain "blue" since the limousine liberals live up north in SF and the south would have the immigrant population voting Democrat. Maybe Dems should support it....would they get more electoral votes that way?

That income stat is a bit deceptive if they don't factor in the high cost of living in CA. You can make a lot less in TX and buy more stuff.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

Premium Member

$473 for renewal registration on my truck. (2017) Jesus H.! Due this month. Guess I'll pay it.

Rawhide in "A"

Tom Brady hates tomatoes

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

10.22.18 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 2,410 Times in 1,265 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

My wife’s 2012 Pilot is right at $450 a year. I feel your pain.
    -TVH-

There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult. -Warren Buffett

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

Premium Member

450 for a 2012! Must be a humdinger of a vehicle.

Rawhide in "A"

Tom Brady hates tomatoes

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

10.22.18 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 2,410 Times in 1,265 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

It’s nice enough but our property taxes are just that ridiculous.
    -TVH-

There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult. -Warren Buffett

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

10.22.18 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 3,017 Times in 1,854 Posts

Premium Member

Worst tax in USA property tax goes up every year

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

18. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

10.22.18 @ 04:56 PM
    Liked 22,320 Times in 11,214 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Worst tax in USA property tax goes up every year

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    I really like PA, it's a beautiful state, but I wouldn't live there just because of the ridiculousness of your taxes.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!