Register
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71415161718 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

06.20.19 @ 09:25 AM
    Liked 10,719 Times in 6,012 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Homelessness is far more than a special kind of financial problem. It’s a direct reflection of how a society is faring.
    It is. My point was that someone who has a mortgage who has an interest rate going up 1.5% isn't going to end up in the streets due strictly to that. It's a much more complex issue.

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

06.20.19 @ 08:52 AM
    Liked 2,825 Times in 1,464 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Not in Reno and are our politicians are saying the same thing. One of those rare times when both sides agree on something. I'm not concerned with other parts of the country. I live here.

A $400,000 home isn't affordable. $150,000 is and developers aren't making those homes here anymore.
    When people quit buying McMansions for $400K they’ll build sensible homes for $150K. But...... there’s gonna be a bunch of folks taking a bath on their $400K houses when that happens.
    -TVH-

There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult. -Warren Buffett

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

Banned!
    Last Online

11.25.18 @ 06:41 PM
    Liked 11,189 Times in 6,765 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Van Halen View Post
    But...... there’s gonna be a bunch of folks taking a bath on their $400K houses when that happens.
    Not really. A $150,000 home isn't going to be as nice as a $400,000. People pay for the extras and "exclusivity".

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

06.20.19 @ 08:06 AM
    Liked 25,325 Times in 12,779 Posts

Premium Member

$150K doesn't even buy a 1/4acre with nothing on it in my area.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

06.20.19 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 1,602 Times in 1,059 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I know it has nothing to do with California, but damn, Ed's tone. Yikes.
    Well show was in California. Damn you! Thought it was ok til I re-listened to it. It is a bit . . . harsh. Isn't it?
    Sounded pretty damn good live.

"I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

Tom Brady hates tomatoes

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

I am sure it was live. I've become accustomed to the buzz saw, but it just stuck out there for some reason.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

06.20.19 @ 07:23 AM
    Liked 15,384 Times in 8,062 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    $150K doesn't even buy a 1/4acre with nothing on it in my area.
    Of course it doesn't.

You live in one of the most expensive areas in the country.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    Of course it doesn't.

You live in one of the most expensive areas in the country.
    Our bitches are hot...it's worth it.

9. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.20.19 @ 08:42 AM
    Liked 1,693 Times in 969 Posts

The crazy thing in that video I posted is there are luxury apartments under construction just a block or two from the tent city! Who's going to buy that? It doesn't look at all safe in broad daylight. At night? Forget it! Then I just think of all that retail space. I've always been an L.A. fan, but going by some videos I've seen, in 10 or 15 years it may be Detroit.

I think that was a Ted Nugent album. "Intensities in Tent Cities."

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

06.20.19 @ 08:52 AM
    Liked 2,825 Times in 1,464 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Default Why It Is Hard to Fix California

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Not really. A $150,000 home isn't going to be as nice as a $400,000. People pay for the extras and "exclusivity".
    The supply of people doing that will dry up eventually. One can’t continue to live on credit cards and check to check maxed out to make the mortgage, two car payments, the boat and all the other toys. Somebody is gonna get shorted once, then again...... Pretty soon you’re living in a tent city two flap doors down from the guy you drove by last year wondering where he went wrong. Or, if you’re lucky, you and the kids are back at Mom & Dad’s until you can get you’re credit rebuilt enough to find a modest rental and buy a good used car to get to work. If you’re really lucky, the Wife married you for the right reasons and you’re still together and get through the rough patch as an intact family unit and move forward with the smarts to not get caught up in that lifestyle again and you go kicking and screaming to your friends to get out of it while they can.
    Last edited by Ted Van Halen; 11.03.18 at 03:35 AM.
    -TVH-

There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult. -Warren Buffett

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

06.12.19 @ 01:52 PM
    Liked 2,168 Times in 1,181 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by ArtyBoy View Post

I think that was a Ted Nugent album. "Intensities in Tent Cities."
    Not a funny subject matter at all, but this was clever.
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

13. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

06.20.19 @ 09:35 AM
    Liked 16,868 Times in 9,534 Posts

Premium Member

Newsom pushes sweeping new California health-care plan to help illegal immigrants, prop up ObamaCare

Shortly after he took office on Monday, California's Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom unearthed an unprecedented new health care agenda for his state, aimed at offering dramatically more benefits to illegal immigrants and protecting the embattled Affordable Care Act, which a federal judge recently struck down as unconstitutional.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new...ants-obamacare

Unbelievable what is going on there.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.16.19 @ 06:09 PM
    Liked 812 Times in 423 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Newsom pushes sweeping new California health-care plan to help illegal immigrants, prop up ObamaCare

Shortly after he took office on Monday, California's Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom unearthed an unprecedented new health care agenda for his state, aimed at offering dramatically more benefits to illegal immigrants and protecting the embattled Affordable Care Act, which a federal judge recently struck down as unconstitutional.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new...ants-obamacare

Unbelievable what is going on there.

Yeah, Newsom is going to make old fart Gerry Brown look like a hardcore fiscal conservative.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

06.20.19 @ 08:18 AM
    Liked 4,322 Times in 2,605 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T.B. View Post
    Yeah, Newsom is going to make old fart Gerry Brown look like a hardcore fiscal conservative.
    Thing is, he was compared to Schwarzenegger.

Problem is, we still use cash-based budgeting, so even though he added an extra $200 billion of debt, he "balanced the budget." Since California tax receipts go as the market goes, the rainy day fund he established won't do squat once we hit the next peak.

But we can afford to pay for everyone's health care. People are going to be pissed when they don't have the pension they were promised, but illegal immigrants are getting free health care.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

06.20.19 @ 09:35 AM
    Liked 16,868 Times in 9,534 Posts

Premium Member

Teacher Union Ends LA Strike With Deal That Could Bankrupt The System

4:31 PM 01/22/2019

Los Angeles teachers will be back in classrooms Wednesday as The Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) and United Teachers Los Angles (UTLA) union came to a tentative agreement Tuesday.

The deal includes a 6 percent raise for teachers and “meaningful” class size reduction, LAUSD superintendent Austin Beutner said at a press conference Tuesday.

The agreement also includes community-based schools and improved support staff, according to Mayor Eric Garcetti, ABC 7 reported.

“We entered contract negotiations with four objectives and this agreement will achieve all of them: Provide educators with a well-deserved 6% raise, reduce class sizes and provide more support to students and educators including nurses, counselors and librarians……invest everything we can in classrooms while maintaining the fiscal solvency of @LASchools, and strengthen the voice of educators and provide more opportunities for collaboration for all who work in schools,” LAUSD said on Twitter Tuesday.

The district and UTLA have been bargaining since Jan. 17.

The negotiations lasted 21 hours, beginning Monday and ending early morning Tuesday, KTLA reported.

UTLA was still willing to go on strike Tuesday even if a tentative deal was reached on Monday.

“Every school across the city will be receiving investments in a scaffolded way over time that moves those class size caps lower and lower,” UTLA leader Alex Caputo-Pearl said at the conference.

UTLA’s demands could bankrupt the LAUSD system, however, according to KTLA.

The district is running on a $500 million deficit.

LAUSD is also projected to spend more than $300 million in health care benefits for retired teachers in 2019, according to the Los Angeles Daily News.

The district was losing upwards of $20 million a day due to low student attendance during the strikes. Attendance determines district funding and less than 200,000 of the more than 600,000 students were in class each day.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/22/t...deal-bankrupt/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen