diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

07.17.19 @ 12:21 AM
    Liked 3,611 Times in 2,202 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I really like PA, it's a beautiful state, but I wouldn't live there just because of the ridiculousness of your taxes.
    My property tax is divided into spring and fall.The fall being the school tax and the spring being the real estate tax. I bought my house in 1990 and I paid it off early. My taxes have gone up so much its like Im paying almost what I paid for the entire mortgage in 1990. Then there's the earned income tax on top of the state and federal income tax. Dont get me going on that. But all in all the property tax is the worst and the reforms instituted to keep it from being more every year with aid from state gambling taxes have failed.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

07.16.19 @ 06:44 AM
    Liked 1,629 Times in 1,073 Posts

Premium Member

California voters! Vote Yes on Prop. 6! Repeal the gas tax and make it so all future gas tax increases have to be put before the voters. Send a message to the liars and thieves in Sacramento that the teat is dry. Figure out the rest on your own but vote Yes on 6.
    Thank you.

https://gastaxrepeal.org
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

Tom Brady hates tomatoes

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

07.16.19 @ 10:00 PM
    Liked 4,353 Times in 2,628 Posts

I'm for repealing the tax, but not in favor of making sure each time it has to be put to the voters. I hate the California referendum and initiative system. This isn't stuff we should be voting on. I guarantee you I have spent more time looking at, say, Prop 12, than 90% of voters.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    I'm for repealing the tax, but not in favor of making sure each time it has to be put to the voters. I hate the California referendum and initiative system. This isn't stuff we should be voting on.
    Given the choice of allowing politicians to raise taxes whenever they feel like it, or putting it to a vote of the electorate, I'll take the vote every time. I simply don't trust Sacramento. They're liars. Granted, much of the public is uniformed or apathetic. Still, I want that vote. Otherwise they'll be raising taxes every time they have a pet project.

Now here's some VH.

Last edited by Elwood P.; 10.23.18 at 12:34 PM.

Rawhide in "A"

Tom Brady hates tomatoes

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    I guarantee you I have spent more time looking at, say, Prop 12, than 90% of voters.
    I'll give 12 a look.

Rawhide in "A"

Tom Brady hates tomatoes

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

07.16.19 @ 10:00 PM
    Liked 4,353 Times in 2,628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood P. View Post
    Given the choice of allowing politicians to raise taxes whenever they feel like it, or putting it to a vote of the electorate, I'll take the vote every time. I simply don't trust Sacramento. They're liars. Granted, much of the public is uniformed or apathetic. Still, I want that vote. Otherwise they'll be raising taxes every time they have a pet project.

Now here's some VH.

I'll give 12 a look.
    The way I look at it, there are so many initiatives and referendums, for the most part, if it isn't nearly all good, I vote no. To me, it's a wash. Corrupt politicians or politicians who love the power of taxing and spending versus the number of citizens who are perfectly fine spending other people's money + those who are clueless voting.

IMO, 12 is a backdoor screw job on egg farmers in CA. Back in 2008, another initiative (Prop 2 I think) passed a law for animal cages large enough for animals to spread their limbs and turn around. Of course some farmers were against it and still others were okay with the changes but didn't like the ambiguity (it doesn't give farmers exact sizes for cages). It also gave farmers 7 years to redo their farms to comply.

This law answers the first complaint--it gives exact dimensions--for calves raised for veal and for pigs. But there are very few of those in CA. But there are a LOT of egg farmers. What this also does is erase everything egg farmers did the last 10 years and gives egg farmers 2 years to comply with going cage free--after JUST spending a ton for brand new, bigger cages.

I'm a no. But I am interested in your thoughts.

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

Premium Member

Ah the veal, chicken one. Couldn't attach the number to it but Ive done a bit of reading. The rebuttals and rebuttals to the rebuttals are a bit confusing because it seems like groups which would normally be on the same side are opposing each other. But yes, I was leaning no. After seeing your comments I'm in the no camp now. And you're right, how many veal farms do you see around California?

Rawhide in "A"

Tom Brady hates tomatoes

9. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

Premium Member

Bump.
    Yes on 6. No on 12.

Rawhide in "A"

Tom Brady hates tomatoes

Good Enough
    Last Online

07.17.19 @ 02:47 AM
    Liked 1,732 Times in 993 Posts

This video just came across my Facebook feed. Are you guys out there really seeing stuff like this every day?

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

07.17.19 @ 03:17 AM
    Liked 25,590 Times in 12,914 Posts

Premium Member

That's why you live in cold cities....
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

13. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Bump.
    Yes on 6. No on 12.

I know it has nothing to do with California, but damn, Ed's tone. Yikes.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Last Online

07.16.19 @ 11:52 PM
    Liked 3,648 Times in 2,292 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by ArtyBoy View Post
    This video just came across my Facebook feed. Are you guys out there really seeing stuff like this every day?
    Uh...a lot more than this. I work with some homeless outreach organizations around SoCal. The homelessness rate has shot up 76% in the last two years. The tent cities in downtown Los Angeles and downtown San Diego are more vast and desperate than they've ever been. It's truly disheartening. Anyone who thinks we're not at the edge of a no return situation regarding the class warfare in this country either isn't paying attention or doesn't want to. But California has always had a third world level class of people. Along the central 'gold' coast, there are a number of communities that harbor immigrant workers and the homeless, in truly stringent conditions. There's more freeway encampments under bridges, more wilderness off grid camps, more people living in their cars than ever before. We have the country's highest homeless rate because of our climate, and the fact that so many people who moved to California with dreams fell short. Current official estimates put the current number at 170-180 thousand homeless throughout CA, but it's more likely that it's nearly twice that, a quarter of which are children.
    Last edited by Van Squalen; 11.02.18 at 11:54 AM.

Banned!
    Last Online

11.25.18 @ 06:41 PM
    Liked 11,189 Times in 6,765 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Uh...a lot more than this. I work with some homeless outreach organizations around SoCal. The homelessness rate has shot up 76% in the last two years. The tent cities in downtown Los Angeles and downtown San Diego are more vast and desperate than they've ever been. It's truly disheartening. Anyone who thinks we're not at the edge of a no return situation regarding the class warfare in this country either isn't paying attention or doesn't want to. But California has always had a third world level class of people. Along the central 'gold' coast, there are a number of communities that harbor immigrant workers and the homeless, in truly stringent conditions. There's more freeway encampments under bridges, more wilderness off grid camps, more people living in their cars than ever before. We have the country's highest homeless rate because of our climate, and the fact that so many people who moved to California with dreams fell short. Current official estimates put the current number at 170-180 thousand homeless throughout CA, but it's more likely that it's nearly twice that, a quarter of which are children.
    We have a major housing crisis in Washoe County. Tesla, Google, and Apple here, has skyrocketed our prices. A one bedroom apartment is starting at $1000 a month. Tbf, the city is doing what they can but it's ridiculous. It's so bad that Elon Musk proposed a mobile home community at the Gigafactory to house employees.

We have a shitload of people living in weekly motels. These are not drug addicts. These are hard working people.

I know I know...sucks for them...they should better their situation by going to school and earning more money huh?
    Last edited by CaboChris; 11.02.18 at 12:06 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

I live in a bubble, I never see any of that.

Last Online

07.16.19 @ 11:52 PM
    Liked 3,648 Times in 2,292 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    We have a major housing crisis in Washoe County. Tesla, Google, and Apple here, has skyrocketed our prices. A one bedroom apartment is starting at $1000 a month. Tbf, the city is doing what they can but it's ridiculous. It's so bad that Elon Musk proposed a mobile home community at the Gigafactory to house employees.

We have a shitload of people living in weekly motels. These are not drug addicts. These are hard working people.

I know I know...sucks for them...they should better their situation by going to school and earning more money huh?
    It's only going to get real for some when it's not just in their backyard, it's them having to personally stand in lines at soup kitchens. I used to dread this state of affairs when I was a kid in the 80's, lamenting the fairly easy prediction that our kids or our kids' kids would end up paying the piper for former generations' lack of insight. Who'd have thought it would come so much faster, and that it's now pretty obvious it's gonna happen in our lifetime.