Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

01.09.19 @ 12:53 PM
    Liked 10,477 Times in 5,698 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by James in New York View Post
    Another friendship that emerged from Ripley’s time in California was with legendary guitarist Eddie Van Halen, with whom he collaborated on his stereo guitar design and started the company Ripley Guitars. The two forged what became a lifelong friendship and mutual love that lasted until Ripley’s final days.

“For more than 35 years I’ve been fortunate to call Steve Ripley one of my true friends,” Van Halen said. “Steve is many things. Part genius, part musician, part inventor and many other great things, but my favorite thing about Steve is the wonderful, kind, humble human being he is and always will be. I love Steve with all my heart and am proud to know him.”

Gotta give Janie credit on that one...
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

03.21.19 @ 05:41 AM
    Liked 9,545 Times in 5,163 Posts

Premium Member

Pat Boone's Wife of 65 Years, Shirley, Dies: 'I've Parted with My Better Half for a Little While'

https://people.com/music/pat-boone-w...6MHEQJhKeTpmAE

Favorite VH Album

adkot
    Favorite VH Song

she's the woman/hbsd
    Last Online

03.21.19 @ 02:38 AM
    Liked 305 Times in 181 Posts

Broadway legend Carol Channing has passed away at the age of 97, her publicist confirmed.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...edium=referral
    My karma just ran over your dogma

Love 'em all I says
    Let Cupid sort 'em out

https://www.facebook.com/debra.browne.3114

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

03.21.19 @ 05:40 AM
    Liked 16,012 Times in 9,029 Posts

Premium Member

Drummer TED MCKENNA, Who Has Played With RORY GALLAGHER And MICHAEL SCHENKER, Dead At 68

January 19, 2019

Scottish drummer Edward "Ted" McKenna, who has played with THE SENSATIONAL ALEX HARVEY BAND, Rory Gallagher, MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP and Ian Gillan, has died at the age of 68.

The news of McKenna's passing was confirmed on Facebook by a friend, who wrote: "For everyone who loved him, Ted died this morning from a haemorrhage during elective surgery. Freak occurrence and a huge surgical team fought for 10 hours to save him.

"Unfortunately, there was no solution to stop the bleeding and he faded away without ever knowing. I'm going to miss him so much."

Former STATUS QUO drummer John Coghlan reacted to the news on Twitter, writing: "Very sorry to receive the sad news of our dear friend Ted McKenna. Fab drummer and such a great guy. We shall miss you."

Story continues after advertisement
    Bassist Neil Murray, who is best known for his work in WHITESNAKE, BLACK SABBATH and Gary Moore, wrote: "Completely shocked by the very sad news of the sudden death of drummer Ted McKenna (SAHB, Michael Schenker, Rory Gallagher and many others) who I spent time with only three weeks ago at the Cozy Powell Birthday Bash. A lovely guy and great drummer who will be much missed."

Although primarily known as a rock musician, Ted has also worked with jazz maestro John Etheridge, Juno Award-winning Canadian blues guitarist Amos Garrett and American soul duo WOMACK & WOMACK. Most recently, he toured and recorded with Gerry McAvoy, Marcel Scherpenzeel and Davy Knowles in BAND OF FRIENDS, a celebration of the music of Rory Gallagher, and MICHAEL SCHENKER FEST, which reunited the legendary German guitarist with three former MSG singers, Gary Barden, Graham Bonnet and Robin McAuley.

In a 2013 interview with Hit Channel, McKenna said that he had "many influences" as a drummer. "The early ones were Fred Astaire's feet; Sandy Nelson. Tony Meehan and Brian Bennett of THE SHADOWS, Bobby Elliot from THE HOLLIES. Later, Mitch Mitchell [Jimi Hendrix], Carmine Appice of VANILLA FUDGE, then jazz drummers Buddy Rich and Tony Williams [Miles Davis], to name only two. Too many great drummers to mention, but my band supported Robert Plant and the BAND OF JOY in 1967 and I saw and met John Bonham. We both raved about Carmine Appice but watching him play changed my attitude towards the drum kit."

Asked if he felt any pressure replacing Cozy Powell (RAINBOW, BLACK SABBATH) in MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP, Ted said: "No. I felt very comfortable joining MSG. Michael's excessive behavior could be quite difficult to deal with in those days but he was always pretty professional when it came to playing. He was much more together when I toured Japan with him in 2008."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dru...er-dead-at-68/

Ted was a great drummer. I Played the shit out of the “One Night In Budokan” live album.

†"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Last Online

03.21.19 @ 05:41 AM
    Liked 9,545 Times in 5,163 Posts

Premium Member

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.18.19 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 2,840 Times in 1,775 Posts

Premium Member

I will always remember James Ingram as the guy who sang Luke and Holly's theme song for General Hospital.

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

03.20.19 @ 10:00 PM
    Liked 22,018 Times in 12,552 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    I will always remember James Ingram as the guy who sang Luke and Holly's theme song for General Hospital.
    Daisy, that is a true blast from the past …

"It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners" - George Carlin

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.20.19 @ 11:24 PM
    Liked 8,647 Times in 6,225 Posts

Premium Member

Just saw that Kristoff St. John passed away, apparently due to complications stemming from alcohol abuse. He played the role of Neil Winters, on The Young and the Restless...

I liked him quite a bit.
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

03.21.19 @ 05:37 AM
    Liked 3,364 Times in 2,051 Posts

Premium Member

Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein, founder of Fellowship of Christians and Jews, dies at 67
    Eckstein passes away from sudden heart failure; his IFCJ has raised $1.4 billion in donations for Israel, mostly from evangelical Christians

https://www.timesofisrael.com/ifcj-f...uddenly-at-67/

Very good man a true uniter. RIP
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

03.21.19 @ 05:40 AM
    Liked 16,012 Times in 9,029 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein, founder of Fellowship of Christians and Jews, dies at 67
    Eckstein passes away from sudden heart failure; his IFCJ has raised $1.4 billion in donations for Israel, mostly from evangelical Christians

https://www.timesofisrael.com/ifcj-f...uddenly-at-67/

Very good man a true uniter. RIP
    No way! Fuck, that sucks. RIP
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    No way! Fuck, that sucks. RIP
    yes it sucks....his daughter will probably take over as director she was already heavily involved.
    Last edited by edwardv; 02.07.19 at 04:22 AM.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

14. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

03.21.19 @ 04:55 AM
    Liked 1,962 Times in 1,349 Posts

not familiar with the name, but sounds like a great loss. Rest in peace Rabbi Eckstein

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    not familiar with the name, but sounds like a great loss. Rest in peace Rabbi Eckstein
    Look him up Billy great man. He probably gets a plot near Schindler.

Last Online

03.18.19 @ 03:10 PM
    Liked 3,143 Times in 1,657 Posts

Jim Dunlop Sr
    Guitar Gear Pioneer

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.20.19 @ 11:24 PM
    Liked 8,647 Times in 6,225 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by noise next door View Post
    Jim Dunlop Sr
    Guitar Gear Pioneer
    Whoa..., that's too bad.
    Dunlop; quite a huge name in the guitar and music community. R.I.P.
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora