Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 61 Times in 30 Posts

Donor

Default What's up with the EVH Wolfgang line?

Anyone checked out the official site lately? Seems nowadays the only thing they're pushing are the Stealth Specials and the Customs.

What happened to the nice transparent colors on the standard models? 90% of the stock on the online stores are either the solid color specials or the $4k Customs.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars, Dreams
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 168 Times in 75 Posts

I have noticed that on the website, but if you look around online you can find a lot of different Wolfgangs for great prices. I got a USA Wolfgang stealth HT brand new for just over $2,000

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained & Romeo Delight
    Last Online

04.07.16 @ 01:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Seems that the days of cool options, via Peavey, are gone. Remember how Peavey actually had a reasonably priced American SERIES of guitars?? Wolfgang too much? Well, you could
    STILL get a Wolfie, you would just downgrade to a Special. If the Special was too much, you could even downgrade to a cheaper AMERICAN Wolfie Special. Still too much?? Then you could buy the import EXP Wolfie.What was cool about the Peaveys was that aside from the EXP model, Eddie played a version of EACH of these! Don't forget how we also have the Wolfgang Custom shop for a time, where if you had money to burn, you basically could get whatever you wanted a Wolfgang to be...Fender, are you listening???
    Eddie must think I'm a BOZO to want to drop THAT much on one of his new Charvel Guitars!

Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:34 PM
    Liked 727 Times in 344 Posts

My guess is they are not selling a lot of them. They need to promote the he'll out of them, because the ones you like are the same ones everyone else does.

I never did think a $4k set neck Wolfgang would sell very well. I like the idea of it, but it's just not a commercially viable guitar for the money. It's not really a true EVH guitar, and it's not a Les Paul or PRS. Whether the guitar is truly worth it or not, people dropping that kind of coin on a set neck guitar will get one of the others.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

07.27.17 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

They are having a TOUGH time moving those $4K set neck Customs. A buddy of mine bought two BRAND NEW ones from the dealer in the UK for $2K each .........

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars, Dreams
    Last Online

I am not surprised at all that the customs are not selling. 4k and up is a lot for anyone to spend on a guitar, especially one that doesn't have Gibson or Fender on the headstock. It also doesn't help the Eddie doesn't play them live, which I would guess will change on the next tour if they continue to sell poorly.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Aint Talkin Bout Love
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:55 AM
    Liked 461 Times in 200 Posts

yeah I was hoping that they would release a red Wolf USA model. I am surprised that they dont seem to be doing much with the line.

really am

Rob

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars, Dreams
    Last Online

The Wolfgangs are great guitars. Hopefully they start offering more customization/colors so that they don't get stale. The red stealth would be a great start.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.17.15 @ 08:04 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I'd like to know what's up with the inconsistencies in the wolfgang custom deluxes. Not that I'm throwing out that cash anytime soon but the evh page has the relic with block inlays and a lock nut in amber, sweetwater has it in cherry with trapezoid and no lock nut (evhgear told me they switched, which makes no sense since now it isn't even a relic of Ed's guitar!) some have pickup rings, some don't, some have the zebra coils going the same way, others opposite lol. Nitpicking I know, but isn't it unprofessional to have these differences in a production guitar?

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

01.07.16 @ 05:41 PM
    Liked 66 Times in 29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guitargoalie View Post
    I'd like to know what's up with the inconsistencies in the wolfgang custom deluxes. Not that I'm throwing out that cash anytime soon but the evh page has the relic with block inlays and a lock nut in amber, sweetwater has it in cherry with trapezoid and no lock nut (evhgear told me they switched, which makes no sense since now it isn't even a relic of Ed's guitar!) some have pickup rings, some don't, some have the zebra coils going the same way, others opposite lol. Nitpicking I know, but isn't it unprofessional to have these differences in a production guitar?
    the whole line is like that,not just the customs. Thats why I dumped both my evh wolfgang usa's and had gone back to Peavey. Poorly finished routing on the bodies,lots of finish errors etc etc. Thats why you see SO many b stocks for sale.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars, Dreams
    Last Online

I have heard some negative things about the new EVH guitars, especially with the specials. But my USA is flawless. It plays like a dream. I think another big problem they are having is the price of all their products, not just the customs. 3k is a lot to ask for any guitar. I only pulled the trigger on my wolfgang because I got it at a great price. I never would have shelled out 3k for it.

Whoa, this is heavy! Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:44 PM
    Liked 2,858 Times in 1,069 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

The amp line is spot on. Appropriately priced and great products.

The guitars are great, but they're overpriced and need more color options. Unfortunately the only time the guitars seem like a good deal are on the used market or of you get a crazy good deal like some of the guys here.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Aint Talkin Bout Love
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:55 AM
    Liked 461 Times in 200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lessthanone View Post
    the whole line is like that,not just the customs. Thats why I dumped both my evh wolfgang usa's and had gone back to Peavey. Poorly finished routing on the bodies,lots of finish errors etc etc. Thats why you see SO many b stocks for sale.
    Precisely what I think. I will keep my stealth special simply because it's customized with red kill switch and chrome floyd like eds but I'm not waiting for them to come out with a red evh. I'll just get a PV. Sick of waiting for the stale evh wolf line to do something new.

Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:34 PM
    Liked 727 Times in 344 Posts

It's too bad, really. I mean, the new EVH line should be by far the best ever made, based on features alone.

I got the white Special, and I think it's a great guitar. If I were in the market for a carved top USA Wolfgang, I would be hard pressed to shell out the money for an EVH rather than a Peavey. I mean, you could buy a used Peavey, re-fret it with Stainless frets, drop a set of EVH Wolfgang pickups and Bourns pots in it, and you would have basically the exact same guitar for less money than the EVH USA. I don't think all that work would be necessary, but it could be done.

For the money you are spending on the USA EVH, they should have a German made Floyd with Titanium saddles and stainless hardware.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars, Dreams
    Last Online

It's a shame, because they are great guitars. If the USA was priced at 2k and the specials around $900 I think they would be a better seller. Everyone that has played my Wolfgang said how much they loved it, and a few that were in the market for a new guitar said they wanted to get one. Then they saw the price, and they ended up getting other brands instead. I have a feeling that's pretty common with this line.