Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

10.25.16 @ 02:12 AM
    Liked 997 Times in 499 Posts

Premium Member

Default 24 Fret to 22 Fret??

I've got a quick question for the master guitar builders here...

Today, I bought an old Jackson 24 fret guitar (really cheap) and the neck has had a backyard 12th to 24th fret scallop job done to it and its pretty badly done. I'd like to replace the neck with a Charvel Strat type neck, but with 22 frets.

My question is, can it be done? Will it screw up the intonation? Is there anything I need to know before I buy one...

I've always liked this look ala Phil Collen, so I'd like to do the Strat look, but if it wont work, I can always buy a cheap Jackson neck from ebay.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated....
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

On Fire

10.24.16 @ 02:21 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What are the measurements from the beginning of the nut? Then to the end of the neck on both.