Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:51 AM
    Liked 2,231 Times in 1,349 Posts

Default KKK "we are not a hate group...rogues ruining our reputation"

really? talk about revisionist history

“We don’t hate people because of their race, I mean, we’re a Christian organization,” Frank Ancona, the group's Imperial Wizard

oh yeah, but they still hate the Jewish people....who "killed Jesus"!

http://www.christianpost.com/news/kk...-group-116614/

BY MORGAN LEE , CHRISTIAN POST REPORTER
    March 24, 2014|1:16 pm
    The president of a Virginia Ku Klux Klan group claims that the KKK is a faith-based Christian organization that does not condone violence.

"We don't hate people because of their race. We are a Christian organization," Frank Ancona, the imperial wizard of the Traditional American Knights of the KKK, told NBC 12, distancing himself from the Klan's violent history, asserting that he is seeking to "set the record straight."

Despite Ancona's claims, the KKK are widely reviled for their history of committing acts of violence against African Americans, including lighting their homes on fire, lynchings, and leaving burning crosses in the front yards of homes and churches. An organization that was also closely associated with Protestants in its heyday in the 1920s, many of its 4 million members then were also anti-Semitic and anti-Catholic.

That's not the reality, however, acording to Ancona.

"Because of the acts of a few rogue Klansmen, all Klansmen are supposed to be murderers, and wanting to lynch black people and we're supposed to be terrorists. That's a complete falsehood," Ancona said.

Despite their exclusive membership status, Ancona argues that it would be a mistake to call them a hate group.
    "We want to keep our race the white race," said Ancona. "We want to stay white. It's not a hateful thing to want to maintain white supremacy."

Earlier this week on Twitter, while talking to a user who expressed interest in joining, Ancona described the KKK as a group that's "not about hate." And asserted that the groups is "about love for God, race and nation." He also claimed that Jesus was not a Jew, and said the crowd only "called him a Jew to mock him," adding, "the Jews killed Christ."

KKK's historical information on the website of Johnny Clary, a former Klansman-turned-pastor, suggests that membership in the white supremacy organization has increased since President Barak Obama entered the Oval Office.
    "Since the election of Barack Obama the KKK is now enjoying a huge surge in membership, and there are at least 1,000 white power organizations operating in the United States, either under the name of the Ku Klux Klan or under other names with the exact same agenda and beliefs," it states, adding that the "FBI, SPLC and ADL put support and membership at an all-time alarming rate."

This argument is corroborated by Ancona, who notes, "in the last six years that I've been president of this organization, I've seen the numbers probably triple," and adds that the KKK is recruiting new members.

Currently, KKK members are distributing dozens of flyers across Chesterfield County, the third most populous county in Virginia, located just southwest of Richmond, the capitol.

While NBC 12 said that every individual with whom they talked threw away the Klan recruitment fliers, Ancona said his group's message had been well received.
    "The funny thing is the same neighborhoods where you're saying there are people who don't want the flier are neighborhoods where our members live," said Ancona. "And neighborhoods where people are sympathetic to our cause and are glad to hear from us. We get emails from people encouraging us...thanking us for the information."

On his LinkedIn page, Ancona summarizes the work of his organization as striving "to increase awareness of the destruction of our constitutional rights and the plight of the white race in America. We teach traditional American values and keep alive our heritage and culture as Americans."

Ancona lists the American Civil Liberties Union, which has represented the KKK legally from time-to-time, and church ministry and church leadership among his affiliations. He describes his interests as "history, heritage, restoring our republic and Constitution as originally written. ... Educating the true chosen children of God, shining the light of Christ to dispel darkness, ingnorance [sic] and gloom.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:55 PM
    Liked 6,671 Times in 3,697 Posts

He almost sounds like a tea party spokesperson during that article.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

tea party? maybe those are the "rogues" to which he was referring

ok ok it was a JOKE!

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:21 PM
    Liked 866 Times in 508 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Even I have to sigh at this.

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:13 PM
    Liked 1,472 Times in 1,003 Posts

Premium Member

How much power and influence does the KKK even have at this point? They're not even relevant anymore as far as I know.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:37 PM
    Liked 18,108 Times in 8,946 Posts

Jesus wasn't Jewish.

Okay, what was he? That guy is spewing nothing more than mental diarrhea, what a fucking moron.

I have zero tolerance for racists, I mean, c'mon, you are judging someone by the amount of melanin in their skin, hair and eyes. Yeah...that's smart.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:17 AM
    Liked 2,383 Times in 1,487 Posts

Premium Member

Meet the new Klan same as the old Klan. We won't get fooled again. Never again!
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 2,215 Times in 1,118 Posts

Premium Member

You have to give these hillbillies some credit. They saw that they couldn't build their organization based on hate and have tried to (albeit hilariously) change their image to loving their own race instead.

I saw an interview with the head guy from the KKK this year on the History Channel. He was a Grand Dragon, or Surpreme Grand Wizard, or some other ridiculous sounding title, and he was talking about how their group doesn't hate black people, they just love being white and are proud of that. It's like they took the core messages from gay pride parades, the NAACP, and latino immigration rallies and melded them together into one message about white pride. It was cunning, really.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post

Sen. Robert Byrd
    Democratic Senator from 1959 to 2010
    Exalted Cyclops in the KKK

I shall never fight in the armed forces with a negro by my side ... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.

—Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS), 1946

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

I think one of the oddest things is the quote "we want to stay white" and "it's not a hateful thing to want to maintain white supremacy"

just what is that supposed to mean?.."stay white"

do they want individuals to "stay white" ... another way of saying they don't want mixing of races? or do they want the country to "stay white" to maintain that supremacy they mention? which to maintain that supremacy would mean creating barriers for non whites in term of access to education, jobs and elective office?

how can any of those two viewpoints not be seen as hateful?

if their point is that they want to celebrate their whiteness, well, didn't we just get done with the winter Olympics? the only thing that could make that celebration whiter is if they were all required to wear Dockers pants while competing.

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 6,823 Times in 3,568 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post

Sen. Robert Byrd
    Um!... I thought you were joking with the Exalted Cyclops title until I looked it up and found it's real.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Um!... I thought you were joking with the Exalted Cyclops title until I looked it up and found it's real.
    And now we're both on FBI watch lists for domestic terrorism.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    I think one of the oddest things is the quote "we want to stay white" and "it's not a hateful thing to want to maintain white supremacy"

just what is that supposed to mean?.."stay white"

do they want individuals to "stay white" ... another way of saying they don't want mixing of races? or do they want the country to "stay white" to maintain that supremacy they mention? which to maintain that supremacy would mean creating barriers for non whites in term of access to education, jobs and elective office?

how can any of those two viewpoints not be seen as hateful?

if their point is that they want to celebrate their whiteness, well, didn't we just get done with the winter Olympics? the only thing that could make that celebration whiter is if they were all required to wear Dockers pants while competing.
    Obviously it doesn't make sense, but these groups have learned that focusing on the negatives isn't nearly as effective for them with the media as focusing on the positives. It's almost disarming to say "well we just have pride in our heritage." After all, blacks, latinos, gays, lesbians, Irish, Germans, Native Americans, etc. all have formal or semi-organized heritage appreciation societies that promote their history and push their respective agendas.

It's savvy, even if it's stupid.

Last edited by bsbll4; 03.25.14 at 11:29 AM.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:16 PM
    Liked 11,732 Times in 6,500 Posts

Premium Member

Sen. Robert Byrd

GOOD JOB bsbll4!
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:55 PM
    Liked 6,671 Times in 3,697 Posts

Sen. Robert Byrd
    Clearly my point/joke was missed. The tea party spokespeople seem to always be trying to explain away someone who "doesn't really represent them". This kkk tried to be doing the same.