Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

fuck
    Favorite VH Song

panama
    Last Online

10.08.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 46 Times in 33 Posts

Default Which EVH Guitars appreciated, which dropped?

Which EVH Guitars appreciated in Value and which dropped??

I am wondering what everyone's opinion is on this...from what I see on Ebay and Craigslist:

As of 2014:
    Old Kramers: HUGE Rise
    Ernie Ball EVH: HUGE Rise
    Ernie Ball Axis: Significant Rise
    Peavey Wolfgangs: Depending on what you paid...but mostly a slight drop.
    Kramer MusicYo 1984/1985 Reissue: HUGE Rise (you can't even get one without paying double MSRP)
    EVH Wolfgangs: Slight to significant drop
    EVH Art Series: All over the place
    EVH Frankenstrat Reissue: Slight to Significant Drop
    EVH Striped Series: Slight Drop
    Lets just throw a pound of weed in the fire place, f@#% it!

Proud owner: Purple Flame Ernie Ball Music Man Axis and a 5150 Combo Amp.

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:34 PM
    Liked 6,973 Times in 5,009 Posts

Premium Member

That seems like a pretty good assessment . I wish the original EBMM guitars were presently a little more affordable , even though I understand why they're not . I'd love to own one without having to hock a kidney . Ha ha
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Eruption
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 10:33 PM
    Liked 266 Times in 142 Posts

Premium Member

There are deals to be had on EBMM EVHs. I've been watching them forever. No, you won't get a black quilt in perfect shape for $1500, but there are some decent ones out there for $2500 or less. I'll never sell my blue one, so I really don't care what they're going for unless I come across one I can't live without. I saw a beater red one at the GC in Hollywood back in November for, IIRC, $1800. But it had been "rode hard and put away wet."

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Aint Talkin Bout Love
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:18 PM
    Liked 461 Times in 200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vhMcG View Post
    That seems like a pretty good assessment . I wish the original EBMM guitars were presently a little more affordable , even though I understand why they're not . I'd love to own one without having to hock a kidney . Ha ha
    agreed but you can still find the EBMM EVH's for around 2K. Now that is a big price tag but some people are asking "stupid" money for them. I owned a few 10 to 15 years back and sold them and always regretted it. 2 years ago I paid attention and watched and scored a nice amber quilt and a nice blue quilt (93 and 95 era) EBMM EVH guitars and paid 2K for both of them. Both guitars are in AWESOME, super shape and play like a dream. You can find them here and there for around 2K but not usually under that figure.

Rob

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

01.07.16 @ 05:41 PM
    Liked 66 Times in 29 Posts

Ive bought and sold the EBMM EVH's for a few years now. Ive had some of the rarer colors including pink. They are amazing guitars but their values are all over the place. If you don't know what you're looking for,or what the collectors look for, its easy to lose a lot of money on them. I recently just sold an amber that I had picked up. Im down to a 92 original natural that I picked up for a steal and am currently restoring to factory fresh!

Eruption
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 10:33 PM
    Liked 266 Times in 142 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lessthanone View Post
    Im down to a 92 original natural that I picked up for a steal and am currently restoring to factory fresh!
    How do you restore it? Are you having it stripped and refinished? My bridge saddles finally got so pitted and stiff, I had to replace them with String Savers. A refret is in the near future. But I'd be worried about refinishing it. There was a refinished pink one on eBay recently for something like $2300 Buy It Now, but it was not originally pink, so that's probably why it was so cheap. Still looked killer though. I play my blue one a lot, so it shows some miles on it.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Aint Talkin Bout Love
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:18 PM
    Liked 461 Times in 200 Posts

Yeah I have seen some nice looking refinished one's but always wondered where people go for that.

Rob

Top Of The World
    Last Online

02.17.16 @ 10:54 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

I am always pondering which guitars I like best. I have 2 PV Wolfgangs; both are from 1999, a Tobacco sunburst and a cherry burst, both are the standard deluxe versions. And I have 2 1991 EVH MM guitars, a sunburst and a red quilt. After playing only wolfgangs for a couple of weeks I go back to the EVH MM guitars and always find myself playing easier/better on these. Sometimes it's the other way around. At the moment I am thinking of selling one of my wolfgangs for a amber Evh MM. Always pondering, it drives me crazy...

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

05.20.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I got me a white Yo Music 1984 Reissue. Nice is hear it is going up in price. I bought it a few years back and at the time I thought I paid too much. I always wanted one and saw this one on eBAY. The seller would not move an inch and was a total dick, but I wanted it and it was the colour I wanted, so I said screw it and brought for the guys asking price.

Love the guitar and will never sell it. So it is really irrelevant but still nice to know it is appreciating in value.

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5150rob View Post
    agreed but you can still find the EBMM EVH's for around 2K. Now that is a big price tag but some people are asking "stupid" money for them. I owned a few 10 to 15 years back and sold them and always regretted it. 2 years ago I paid attention and watched and scored a nice amber quilt and a nice blue quilt (93 and 95 era) EBMM EVH guitars and paid 2K for both of them. Both guitars are in AWESOME, super shape and play like a dream. You can find them here and there for around 2K but not usually under that figure.

Rob
    Your EBMM's are quite nice . I'm still favoring the blue one , but I'd take either if I had to ! Haha . There's a local seller who has a green quilted AXIS for about $1500.00 . I know it's not an EVH original , but I'm pondering it ...

Quote Originally Posted by leonardo View Post
    I am always pondering which guitars I like best. I have 2 PV Wolfgangs; both are from 1999, a Tobacco sunburst and a cherry burst, both are the standard deluxe versions. And I have 2 1991 EVH MM guitars, a sunburst and a red quilt. After playing only wolfgangs for a couple of weeks I go back to the EVH MM guitars and always find myself playing easier/better on these. Sometimes it's the other way around. At the moment I am thinking of selling one of my wolfgangs for a amber Evh MM. Always pondering, it drives me crazy...
    Boys and their toys ... It's a common ailment . We all suffer from it !
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
    How do you restore it? Are you having it stripped and refinished? My bridge saddles finally got so pitted and stiff, I had to replace them with String Savers. A refret is in the near future. But I'd be worried about refinishing it. There was a refinished pink one on eBay recently for something like $2300 Buy It Now, but it was not originally pink, so that's probably why it was so cheap. Still looked killer though. I play my blue one a lot, so it shows some miles on it.
    Yea, that pink one was from a friend of mine. Unfortunately refinishing them to different colors kills the value. Mine is being refinished back to factory spec by a company that ebmm recommended(because they will no longer refinish them) They use the same exact poly in the same process as ebmm. its also the company my friend used and the process isn't cheap. I DID NOT do the headstock. its the only part I didn't want to refin bc they have to sand off the original silk screen and they replace it with waterslide decals. Once I send the neck to ebmm to be cleaned you'd never know it was a player evh. You'd be surprised how many are in the wild that have been restored/refinished etc,especially when ebmm was offering the restore from the factory on them. Unfortunately waiting for an original evh bridge is going to be the most time consuming part, its a waiting game on ebay. I might be losing interest in the ebmm's anyway, really loving the Charvel custom shops so I might dump the EVH once the body gets back. Heres a before pic
    Last edited by lessthanone; 03.16.14 at 07:35 PM.

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lessthanone View Post
    Yea, that pink one was from a friend of mine. Unfortunately refinishing them to different colors kills the value. Mine is being refinished back to factory spec by a company that ebmm recommended(because they will no longer refinish them) They use the same exact poly in the same process as ebmm. its also the company my friend used and the process isn't cheap. I DID NOT do the headstock. its the only part I didn't want to refin bc they have to sand off the original silk screen and they replace it with waterslide decals. Once I send the neck to ebmm to be cleaned you'd never know it was a player evh. You'd be surprised how many are in the wild that have been restored/refinished etc,especially when ebmm was offering the restore from the factory on them. Unfortunately waiting for an original evh bridge is going to be the most time consuming part, its a waiting game on ebay. I might be losing interest in the ebmm's anyway, really loving the Charvel custom shops so I might dump the EVH once the body gets back. Heres a before pic
    Thanks for all of the great info . I really appreciate the details , just as a fan of these guitars and guitars in general . My main guitar for years was a Charvel Model 1 , modded with an aftermarket Schaller Floyd . I've also been checking out Charvel's Pro Mod series from both Japan and Mexico . I might get back in the game with one of those models . Perfect timing for my reborn love of Jake E. Lee

Favorite VH Album

fuck
    Favorite VH Song

panama
    Last Online

If you do not care about switch placement or the Eddie decal, an Axis is the way to go. I still love my purple one and will probably never sell it.

I really want a musicyo 2006 84 reissue, but they have more than doubled in price. Might get the 2014 84...it is supposed to be an upgrade from the baretta reissue.

Favorite VH Album

fuck
    Favorite VH Song

panama
    Last Online

Updated, added HP and Baretta reissue...

As of 2014:

Ernie Ball EVH: HUGE Rise
    Ernie Ball Axis: Significant Rise

Peavey Wolfgangs: Depending on what you paid...but mostly a slight drop.
    Peavey HP: Significant Drop

EVH Wolfgangs: Slight to significant drop
    EVH Art Series: All over the place
    EVH Frankenstrat Reissue: Slight to Significant Drop
    EVH Striped Series: Slight Drop

Old Kramers: HUGE Rise
    Kramer MusicYo 1984/1985 Reissue: HUGE Rise (you can't even get one without paying double MSRP)
    Kramer Baretta Reissue: Slight Drop
    2014 Kramer: "The 84 DiverDown" ?????

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by vhMcG View Post
    Thanks for all of the great info . I really appreciate the details , just as a fan of these guitars and guitars in general . My main guitar for years was a Charvel Model 1 , modded with an aftermarket Schaller Floyd . I've also been checking out Charvel's Pro Mod series from both Japan and Mexico . I might get back in the game with one of those models . Perfect timing for my reborn love of Jake E. Lee
    stick to finding the japan or usa model charvels, the mexican ones are crap...everything coming out of that plant is terrible.