Register
    ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:26 AM
    Liked 6,841 Times in 3,580 Posts

Premium Member

Default WE HAVE LOST YET ANOTHER GIANT

'The Dating Game' host, Jim Lange, dies

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Jim Lange, the first host of the popular game show "The Dating Game," has died at his home in Mill Valley, Calif. He was 81.

He died Tuesday morning after suffering a heart attack, his wife Nancy told the Associated Press Wednesday.

Though Lange had a successful career in radio, he is best known for his television role on ABC's "The Dating Game," which debuted in 1965 and on which he appeared for more than a decade, playing host to many celebrity guests. Michael Jackson, Steve Martin and Arnold Schwarzenegger, among others, appeared as contestants.

Even a pre-"Charlie's Angels" Farrah Fawcett appeared on the program, introduced as "an accomplished artist and sculptress" with a dream to open her own gallery.

The show's format: a young man or woman questions three members of the opposite sex, hidden from her view, to determine which one would be the best date.

The questions were designed by the show's writers to elicit sexy answers.

"I've never been out on a date before. What do two kids like us do on a date?" a teenage Michael Jackson asked one of his potential dates on a 1972 episode of the show.

"Well, we'd have fun," the girl answered. "We'd go out to dinner, and then I'd go over to your house."

Lange was born on Aug. 15, 1932, in St. Paul, Minn., where as a young man he discovered a passion for local radio. He worked as a disc jockey for decades, and upon his retirement from broadcasting in 2005, he was the morning DJ for KABL-FM in the San Francisco Bay Area, which specializes in playing classics from the Big Band era to the 1970s.

"As much as he's known for his television work, his real love was radio," his wife said. "He loved doing local radio, especially before it was computerized."

Lange is survived by a sister, five children, two stepchildren and four grandchildren.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/p...-dies/5856679/

https://www.facebook.com/topic/10545...9?source=whfrt

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:44 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

I think it takes a lot more skill that it looks like to host these game shows...the play the same games all the time and the only difference is how the host reacts spontaneously with the guest....difficult

they even had a mass murderer on that show...Rodney Alcala.....crazy

Steve Martin, the Brady Bunch kids, Tom Selleck

and Andy Kaufman

RIP

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Last Online

Premium Member

Geoff Edwards, '70s and '80s TV Host, Dies

Geoff Edwards, the hip-looking 1970s and '80s host of TV game shows including Jackpot! and two incarnations of Treasure Hunt, died Wednesday, his agent said. He was 83.

Edwards died of complications of pneumonia at St. John's hospital in Santa Monica, agent Fred Westbrook said.

Edwards also worked as a radio DJ and actor, appearing on TV shows including Petticoat Junction, 'I Dream of Jeannie and Diff'rent Strokes.

"Geoff was one of the cleverest, funniest radio and television personalities I've worked with," said fellow game show host Wink Martindale. The two were deejays at pop radio station KMPC in Los Angeles.

Edwards, a native of Westfield, N.J., hosted The New Treasure Hunt, a revival of a 1950s quiz show, from 1973 to 1977 and hosted Treasure Hunt in 1981-82. He also emceed the 1980s game show Jackpot! and appeared on other shows including Starcade.

Westbrook said his longtime client made a splash on TV by shedding the conservative look worn by his peers.

His hair was longer, he never wore a tie, and he favored jeans over suits, Westbrook said. "He was part of the new breed."

Edwards had been in good health, his agent said. In recent years, he wrote about travel on his website and did radio and TV programs on the subject.

He is survived by his wife, Michael, and stepsons Justin and Jason Feffer, Westbrook said. His survivors also include his ex-wife, Suzanne, and their children Todd, Shawn and Chess, as well as nine grandchildren.

Funeral plans were pending, Westbrook said.

http://www.people.com/people/article...794118,00.html

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 01:59 AM
    Liked 1,483 Times in 1,012 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    'The Dating Game' host, Jim Lange, dies

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Jim Lange, the first host of the popular game show "The Dating Game," has died at his home in Mill Valley, Calif. He was 81.

He died Tuesday morning after suffering a heart attack, his wife Nancy told the Associated Press Wednesday.

Though Lange had a successful career in radio, he is best known for his television role on ABC's "The Dating Game," which debuted in 1965 and on which he appeared for more than a decade, playing host to many celebrity guests. Michael Jackson, Steve Martin and Arnold Schwarzenegger, among others, appeared as contestants.

Even a pre-"Charlie's Angels" Farrah Fawcett appeared on the program, introduced as "an accomplished artist and sculptress" with a dream to open her own gallery.

The show's format: a young man or woman questions three members of the opposite sex, hidden from her view, to determine which one would be the best date.

The questions were designed by the show's writers to elicit sexy answers.

"I've never been out on a date before. What do two kids like us do on a date?" a teenage Michael Jackson asked one of his potential dates on a 1972 episode of the show.

"Well, we'd have fun," the girl answered. "We'd go out to dinner, and then I'd go over to your house."

Lange was born on Aug. 15, 1932, in St. Paul, Minn., where as a young man he discovered a passion for local radio. He worked as a disc jockey for decades, and upon his retirement from broadcasting in 2005, he was the morning DJ for KABL-FM in the San Francisco Bay Area, which specializes in playing classics from the Big Band era to the 1970s.

"As much as he's known for his television work, his real love was radio," his wife said. "He loved doing local radio, especially before it was computerized."

Lange is survived by a sister, five children, two stepchildren and four grandchildren.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/p...-dies/5856679/

https://www.facebook.com/topic/10545...9?source=whfrt

This guy dies and you get to live.

That is a damn shame.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:34 AM
    Liked 18,148 Times in 8,966 Posts

Maybe I am not reading your intent correctly rocknblues81, please clarify, because it seems to me you are saying it is a shame the Number 47 is still alive.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Last Online

Premium Member

I've reported the post. Let it be. This is an Obit thread and should stay that way. Thanks DD.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:34 AM
    Liked 18,148 Times in 8,966 Posts

Just post a picture of yourself wearing baggy pants and a hat on sideways, that will get someone good and riled up.

And don't forget the black face.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Maybe I am not reading your intent correctly rocknblues81, please clarify, because it seems to me you are saying it is a shame the Number 47 is still alive.
    Look at 47 trying to ride a high horse (he's going to report me while he comes at me with attacks over and over again) when he follows me around like a bitch in heat. He has apparently decided to follow me around everywhere so that he can post snide remarks all of the time. I'm just returning the favor.
    Last edited by rocknblues81; 03.08.14 at 08:20 AM.

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    I've reported the post. Let it be. This is an Obit thread and should stay that way. Thanks DD.
    Why don't you explain why you feel that it's ok to follow me around and attack me, but when I respond back you "report me" like a coward. If you don't want me to say shit about you then just leave me be.

I honestly do not care to talk to you or Dave ever again.
    Last edited by rocknblues81; 03.08.14 at 08:32 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:44 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

nobody had to report anyone to anyone..........rocknblues that was a punk thing to say

and 47..rocknblues...both of you should just use the ignore function...
    this snapping back and forth is over....a sign of maturity is the ability to let things go, to let someone voice their opinion about something and if you disagree, disagree in an agreeable way then move on

stop it

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.