Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:19 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Default Fox's "Gotham" (Batman Prequel) Casting

'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 6,823 Times in 3,568 Posts

Premium Member

Gotham would have been a really good name for this thread.

Last Online

Premium Member

Goth... um!.. er!... Fox's Batman prequel casts Jada Pinkett Smith

Fox’s Gotham has signed Jada Pinkett Smith to its cast, but you’ll literally never guess who she’s playing.

Catwoman? Harley Quinn? A gender twist on The Riddler or Joker, perhaps?

We’re told Mrs. Will Smith will play …

“Fish Mooney.”

That name should leave even die-hard DC Comics fans scratching their heads. In the show, Fish is “a sadistic gangster boss and nightclub owner, she’s got the street smarts and almost extra-sensory abilities to read people like an open book. Imposing and hotheaded, she’s not one to be crossed.” Fish Mooney also the boss of a young psycho named Oswald Cobblepot (Robin Lord Taylor), who eventually becomes The Penguin (and we all know what penguins eat … right?).

The casting marks The Matrix Reloaded and Revolution‘s actress return to TV following the axing of her 2009 medical drama TNT series Hawthorne.

Sources close to the production say Fish is likely an entirely original character. But since all the other characters cast so far in Gotham have been names from the sprawling Batman canon, and since this a prequel tale, there’s always the possibility Fish will evolve into somebody more familiar.

Last Online

Premium Member

Donal Logue talks Gotham's story, setting, and more

Last week the rumors were confirmed and Donal Logue officially joined the cast of Gotham as Detective Harvey Bullock. The Nerd Repository had a chance to speak with Logue, and asked him all about his latest role.

On his character Harvey Bullock and Gotham’s story

Contractually, I’m obligated to be there. I’m gonna be around, for sure. But the story falls squarely on Jim Gordon’s shoulders, and this awesome world where we get to meet the super infamous villains of Gotham City for the first time, when they’re young. For me, that’s the really interesting part: “oh, so that’s where you come from, Riddler.” There will definitely be Gotham villains that you’ve come to know and love being shown in a light that… maybe it’s the first time that light’s been shone on them.

On Gotham’s setting

What I do love about ‘Gotham,’ that I can say so far, is that it creates this incredible world that, for me, you can step into things that almost feel like the roaring ’20s, and then there’s this other really kind of heavy Blade Runner vibe floating around. It has this anachronistic element to it where it feels like it’s either New York in the ’70s, or it kind of exists independently of time and space in a way, and you can dip into all of these different genres. So I’m excited by it…There were a couple of examples of modern technology, but maybe an antiquated version of it, that gave me a little bit of sense that it’s certainly not the ’50s and the ’60s. No one’s making a joke about how “there’s no way you can press a telephone button and have a piece of paper show up in another machine.” There is an acceptance of a certain technological reality. But its not high tech and it’s not futuristic, by any means.

On Gotham’s conflict

There’s kind of an ambiguous line between good and bad. We have to let certain bad guys do certain things, in order for the greater good, for this machine to keep working. And then someone comes in who’s like ‘No, I have a much more black and white view, I’m not into this notion of moral relativism. There’s right and there’s wrong.’… And what is law? Is law this platonic form of truth that floats in space that is fixed, or is it something that’s this arbitrary thing where it’s like “the law is me and you, right now, in this car. Whatever we determine, that’s the law.” And that’s the kind of thing that will be a conflict in this show.

http://nerdrepository.com/interview-...opment-gotham/
    Last edited by Number 47; 02.21.14 at 10:47 AM.

Last Online

Premium Member

The search for Gotham's Bruce Wayne is on

The majority of main characters for FOX’s Gotham TV show have been cast. Ben McKenzie is Jim Gordon, Donal Logue is Harvey Bullock, and Alfred, The Penguin, Gordon’s boss and Gordon’s fiancé have been cast as well. The last major player to be cast is the young Bruce Wayne. FOX Chairman of Entertainment Kevin Reilly hopes that this young actor will grow up in front of the audience, because on the series finale he’ll finally become Batman.

Yesterday the website Actor’s Access posted a spec sheet for the role of Bruce Wayne in Gotham. Check out the description below:

11, son of Thomas and Martha Wayne. Dark haired, handsome, soulful, wise, strong willed. A kid with tragic gravitas… SERIES REGULAR

Bruce Wayne will have to be cast soon because Gotham begins shooting its first episode on March 17th in New York. Stay tuned to Batman News for all of the latest on FOX’s upcoming TV show.

http://batman-news.com/2014/02/15/th...e-wayne-is-on/
    Last edited by Number 47; 02.21.14 at 10:46 AM.

Last Online

Premium Member

“Gotham” has found its Detective James Gordon.

Fox and Warner Bros. TV have tapped Ben McKenzie to star in “Gotham,” casting the “Southland” alum as a young version of DC Comics’ famed Commissioner Gordon.

Fox topper Kevin Reilly announced at the net’s winter TCA session that “Gotham” will feature the origin story of Gordon along with Gotham City’s notable villains. A young Bruce Wayne will also be featured, as “Gotham” follows Wayne from his pre-teen years to the moment when he puts on the Batman cape for the first time.

Bruno Heller penned the pilot script for “Gotham,” which has a series commitment at Fox. He will exec produce with Danny Cannon, who also helmed the pilot.

McKenzie is no stranger to the Fox family, as the thesp landed his breakout role on the net’s sudsy drama “The O.C.” McKenzie also has experience working in the Batman universe, having voiced Bruce Wayne/Batman in 2011 animated pic “Batman: Year One.”

Last Online

Premium Member

Fox's 'Gotham' details: Young Batman characters with few costumes

Early reports on Fox’s Batman prequel pilot Gotham has made it sound like its mainly about Commissioner Gordon dealing with various challenges in the wild urban jungle.

But Fox chairman Kevin Reilly dispelled that notion at the network’s Television Critics Association press tour panel in Pasadena on Monday. The network’s licensing deal with Warner Bros. includes the rights to ALL the classic Batman characters — The Joker, The Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin and Batman himself. They will all be young versions of the characters and the show will tell how each became the psychologically damaged character we love today.

“This is all of the classic Batman characters,” Reilly said during the panel. “It follows the arc of how they all became what they were. I’ve read the script its really good. It’s going to be this operatic soap that has a slightly larger-than-life quality.”

Batman will be followed from the time he’s a child to “the final episode of the series when he puts on the cape.

After the panel, Reilly added some more details on the Smallville-ish concept, which will be a serialized drama. “This is the Batman franchise, just backing it up,” Reilly said. “There’s a large tapestry of characters to service over many years. They brought us the entire franchise for a healthy license fee.

Pressed on whether there will be absolutely no familiar costumes on the show, Reilly seemed to suggest there will be some — eventually. “We’re arcing to that,” he said. “We’re not starting in that world where the villains are in costume. You see markers for it that are delicious you see where the evolution and eccentricity where they become those characters. We don’t start off with capes and costumes.”

As for the age of these characters — is this Batman Babies? — Reilly said Bruce Wayne will mainly be played by a young man. “Not to say some season we couldn’t skip ahead and jump,” he added.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/01/13/ba...series-gotham/

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:09 AM
    Liked 1,882 Times in 1,099 Posts

jada pinket smith? fish mahonney (sp)?

never heard of the character and I've been reading the comics for about 35 years.

maybee I missed it somewhere.

anyway I can't stand will smith or his family anymore, if her damn kids pop up on that show I'm done with it.

Last Online

Premium Member

I searched the character Fish Mooney when I first read about this earlier this week. It just brings up Jada. Must be original for the show.

Reaction to Pinket Smith is typical. I've got no reason to not like her, but I don't for some reason.

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:09 AM
    Liked 1,882 Times in 1,099 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    I searched the character Fish Mooney when I first read about this earlier this week. It just brings up Jada. Must be original for the show.

Reaction to Pinket Smith is typical. I've got no reason to not like her, but I don't for some reason.
    I always feel like they are just ramming their no talent kids down everyone's throats.

I liked will smith until he started that stuff.

Last Online

Premium Member

One of the articles I read said she brings acting chops and star power to the new series. Whatever. Don't know where they come up with all that. Plus I have never liked her face... it's creepy.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:17 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

This is Smallville all over again. If they keep it as good as Smallville was, this will be a great show.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:46 PM
    Liked 18,111 Times in 8,947 Posts

She might be a wonderful lady, but I have no use for her as an actress, I just don't find her to be very good.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Last Online

Premium Member

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:46 AM
    Liked 305 Times in 225 Posts

All this stuff sounded great untill I heard Jada Smith was involved.
    I think I'll pass on this one.