Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:31 AM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

Default An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

Woody Allen is a despicable human being. A very powerful blog from Dylan Farrow.

http://kristof.blogs.nytimes.com/201...ype=blogs&_r=0
    (A note from Nicholas Kristof: In 1993, accusations that Woody Allen had abused his adoptive daughter, Dylan Farrow, filled the headlines, part of a sensational story about the celebrity split between Allen and his girlfriend, Mia Farrow. This is a case that has been written about endlessly, but this is the first time that Dylan Farrow herself has written about it in public. It’s important to note that Woody Allen was never prosecuted in this case and has consistently denied wrongdoing; he deserves the presumption of innocence. So why publish an account of an old case on my blog? Partly because the Golden Globe lifetime achievement award to Allen ignited a debate about the propriety of the award. Partly because the root issue here isn’t celebrity but sex abuse. And partly because countless people on all sides have written passionately about these events, but we haven’t fully heard from the young woman who was at the heart of them. I’ve written a column about this, but it’s time for the world to hear Dylan’s story in her own words.)

What’s your favorite Woody Allen movie? Before you answer, you should know: when I was seven years old, Woody Allen took me by the hand and led me into a dim, closet-like attic on the second floor of our house. He told me to lay on my stomach and play with my brother’s electric train set. Then he sexually assaulted me. He talked to me while he did it, whispering that I was a good girl, that this was our secret, promising that we’d go to Paris and I’d be a star in his movies. I remember staring at that toy train, focusing on it as it traveled in its circle around the attic. To this day, I find it difficult to look at toy trains.

For as long as I could remember, my father had been doing things to me that I didn’t like. I didn’t like how often he would take me away from my mom, siblings and friends to be alone with him. I didn’t like it when he would stick his thumb in my mouth. I didn’t like it when I had to get in bed with him under the sheets when he was in his underwear. I didn’t like it when he would place his head in my naked lap and breathe in and breathe out. I would hide under beds or lock myself in the bathroom to avoid these encounters, but he always found me. These things happened so often, so routinely, so skillfully hidden from a mother that would have protected me had she known, that I thought it was normal. I thought this was how fathers doted on their daughters. But what he did to me in the attic felt different. I couldn’t keep the secret anymore.

When I asked my mother if her dad did to her what Woody Allen did to me, I honestly did not know the answer. I also didn’t know the firestorm it would trigger. I didn’t know that my father would use his sexual relationship with my sister to cover up the abuse he inflicted on me. I didn’t know that he would accuse my mother of planting the abuse in my head and call her a liar for defending me. I didn’t know that I would be made to recount my story over and over again, to doctor after doctor, pushed to see if I’d admit I was lying as part of a legal battle I couldn’t possibly understand. At one point, my mother sat me down and told me that I wouldn’t be in trouble if I was lying – that I could take it all back. I couldn’t. It was all true. But sexual abuse claims against the powerful stall more easily. There were experts willing to attack my credibility. There were doctors willing to gaslight an abused child.

After a custody hearing denied my father visitation rights, my mother declined to pursue criminal charges, despite findings of probable cause by the State of Connecticut – due to, in the words of the prosecutor, the fragility of the “child victim.” Woody Allen was never convicted of any crime. That he got away with what he did to me haunted me as I grew up. I was stricken with guilt that I had allowed him to be near other little girls. I was terrified of being touched by men. I developed an eating disorder. I began cutting myself. That torment was made worse by Hollywood. All but a precious few (my heroes) turned a blind eye. Most found it easier to accept the ambiguity, to say, “who can say what happened,” to pretend that nothing was wrong. Actors praised him at awards shows. Networks put him on TV. Critics put him in magazines. Each time I saw my abuser’s face – on a poster, on a t-shirt, on television – I could only hide my panic until I found a place to be alone and fall apart.

Last week, Woody Allen was nominated for his latest Oscar. But this time, I refuse to fall apart. For so long, Woody Allen’s acceptance silenced me. It felt like a personal rebuke, like the awards and accolades were a way to tell me to shut up and go away. But the survivors of sexual abuse who have reached out to me – to support me and to share their fears of coming forward, of being called a liar, of being told their memories aren’t their memories – have given me a reason to not be silent, if only so others know that they don’t have to be silent either.

Today, I consider myself lucky. I am happily married. I have the support of my amazing brothers and sisters. I have a mother who found within herself a well of fortitude that saved us from the chaos a predator brought into our home.

But others are still scared, vulnerable, and struggling for the courage to tell the truth. The message that Hollywood sends matters for them.

What if it had been your child, Cate Blanchett? Louis CK? Alec Baldwin? What if it had been you, Emma Stone? Or you, Scarlett Johansson? You knew me when I was a little girl, Diane Keaton. Have you forgotten me?

Woody Allen is a living testament to the way our society fails the survivors of sexual assault and abuse.

So imagine your seven-year-old daughter being led into an attic by Woody Allen. Imagine she spends a lifetime stricken with nausea at the mention of his name. Imagine a world that celebrates her tormenter.

Are you imagining that? Now, what’s your favorite Woody Allen movie?
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Love 'em all! (esp. F.U.C.K)
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

12.04.17 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 1,228 Times in 845 Posts

Can't stand the man, or his films, irrespective of any heinous crimes he may have committed.

Personally, I see no reason to doubt this woman's young story - it sounds plausible - and downright awful. My heart breaks for that little seven-year-old girl.
    I'm FEMALE...Deal with it!

"Whatever you do, wherever you go, there you are..." Edward Van Halen 1986

"You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

"Life's too short to stuff a mushroom"... Shirley Conran, 1975

"You turn if you want to...The LADY is NOT for turning!"...Margaret
    Thatcher, 1980

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Die of cancer, you sick fuck.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:50 AM
    Liked 1,027 Times in 502 Posts

To me, he is Sol Rosenberg from the Jerky Boys, not only not a fucking pathetic imbecile but a pedophile to boot. He's a major league asshole. Who would run off and marry their adopted daughter, for Christ's sake? A fucking creep of the first degree, along with Roman Polanski.
    Last edited by Rokgtar; 02.01.14 at 07:23 PM.

Existentially Uncertain Fontcow's Avatar
    Last Online

03.13.17 @ 07:58 PM
    Liked 868 Times in 463 Posts

I'm not taking either side or defending anyone on this topic because I wasn't there so there is no way for me to make a proper assessment to pass judgment. However, this article was written in the last couple of weeks and thought I would post it simply for perspective.

The Woody Allen Allegations: Not So Fast

By Robert B. Weide

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...t-so-fast.html

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 08:25 AM
    Liked 2,391 Times in 1,492 Posts

Premium Member

Sorry this one does not pass the smell test. Never has. A higher power or lower power will sort this out for Woody one day.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:18 PM
    Liked 1,391 Times in 763 Posts

If it's true, then it's abominable. If it's not, then it's a horrible manipulation. I think the reason people have cast some doubts is because her mom is plain cuckoo. And her mom had motive to want to plant it. Because here we're not talking about did he do something creepy. He did, no doubt. He married his partner's adopted daughter. The issue is "did he commit a crime?" This account is very disturbing, to say the least. It's important they get to the bottom of this.
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 10:50 AM
    Liked 11,793 Times in 6,537 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fontcow View Post
    I'm not taking either side or defending anyone on this topic because I wasn't there so there is no way for me to make a proper assessment to pass judgment. However, this article was written in the last couple of weeks and thought I would post it simply for perspective.

The Woody Allen Allegations: Not So Fast

By Robert B. Weide

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...t-so-fast.html

I read this a few weeks ago

Did Woody Allen Molest His Adopted Daughter 22 Years Ago?

Let’s take a break from the Hollywood tributes to him and reconsider the evidence.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a..._evidence.html
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:18 PM
    Liked 1,391 Times in 763 Posts

The evidence seems to point that he didn't - at least that's what the police concluded. The tape was totally fabricated and one of his kids has come back to him, admitting that all of Mia Farrow's kids were brainwashed.

Mia Farrow's own brother was just arrested for sexual molestation, something she conveniently never mentions.
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 10:12 AM
    Liked 4,811 Times in 2,456 Posts

Premium Member

To me I don't really care about evidence or testimony at this point because who knows who has been paid off or has vested interest? I look at it like Neverland. Nothing ever was found to incriminate Michael but I think we all can agree that the situation there was screwed up. I look at Woody eventually shacking up with his daughter. Yeah she was adopted but I don't think you will find any parent of an adopted kid thinking they are not their kid.

That's screwed up. Who knows when they first really hooked up? The first time Woody gave her a lingering stare?

If I or anybody else here nailed our spouses adopted kid, we would be scorned. Yet he like Roman Polanski's contribution to the arts give him a free pass.

It doesn't sit well with me.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:51 AM
    Liked 18,196 Times in 8,990 Posts

Due to the fact that he had sex and then married his adopted daughter, I give his own daughter's story a little more credence.

It seems to me also that her siblings believe her and not their father. I think that is the most damning evidence of all.

Main reason I have never watched and never will watch any of his movies. I think he is a child predator, and I don't want to put any money in his pocket if I can help it.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 10:50 AM
    Liked 11,793 Times in 6,537 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    The evidence seems to point that he didn't - at least that's what the police concluded.
    Not exactly.

Allen’s defenders have always had one simple fact on their side: He has never been charged with a crime, much less convicted. What we know is that in August 1992, Farrow and Dylan visited Dylan’s pediatrician, who then contacted authorities about an abuse allegation. The Connecticut state attorney later asked the Yale–New Haven Hospital Child Sexual Abuse Clinic to evaluate Dylan. In March 1993, the clinic “concluded that Dylan had not been sexually abused,” according to Orth in Vanity Fair.

Case closed? Not necessarily. Three months later, that June, Acting Justice Elliot Wilk of New York State Supreme Court ruled against Allen in his effort to wrest custody of his three children from Farrow. Wilk criticized Yale–New Haven’s findings, stating that the hospital’s team had not interviewed Dylan, declined to testify at trial except via deposition, and destroyed its notes on the case. In her first piece for Vanity Fair about the Allen case, published in 1992, Orth had at least 25 on-the-record interviews—with sources both named and unnamed—attesting that Allen was “completely obsessed” with Dylan: “He could not seem to keep his hands off her,” Orth wrote.

In his June 1993 ruling, Wilk also denied Allen any visitation rights with Dylan or his older adopted child with Farrow, 15-year-old Moses. In May 1994, in a hearing considering custody or increased visitation for Allen, the Appellate Division of the state Supreme Court cited a “clear consensus” among psychiatric experts involved in the case that Allen’s “interest in Dylan was abnormally intense.”

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a..._evidence.html
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 02.02.14 at 06:48 AM.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Last Online

11.06.14 @ 05:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Due to the fact that he had sex and then married his adopted daughter, I give his own daughter's story a little more credence.

It seems to me also that her siblings believe her and not their father. I think that is the most damning evidence of all.

Main reason I have never watched and never will watch any of his movies. I think he is a child predator, and I don't want to put any money in his pocket if I can help it.
    No opinion here, not yet at least, but thought you might want to know Soon-Yi was never his adopted daughter.
    I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 05:11 AM
    Liked 7,897 Times in 4,619 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yerfdog View Post
    No opinion here, not yet at least, but thought you might want to know Soon-Yi was never his adopted daughter.
    WTF?

Allen began dating Mia Farrow in 1980.

Soon-Yi was 9 or 10 at the time. Lets' not parse words here. He knew her since she was a little girl. What difference does it make if she was or wasn't his "adoptive' daughter? All the fucking women in the world and he's got a hard on for his girlfriends adoptive daughter. It's like that Mary Kay Letourneau broad sizing up the sixth grader. Intelligent people got boundaries. This AIN'T no love story...

Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:16 PM
    Liked 866 Times in 508 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    WTF?

Allen began dating Mia Farrow in 1980.

Soon-Yi was 9 or 10 at the time. Lets' not parse words here. He knew her since she was a little girl. What difference does it make if she was or wasn't his "adoptive' daughter? All the fucking women in the world and he's got a hard on for his girlfriends adoptive daughter. It's like that Mary Kay Letourneau broad sizing up the sixth grader. Intelligent people got boundaries. This AIN'T no love story...
    I don't think anyone was lending any weight one way or another to Allen's actions based on whether she was adopted. The way that I read it it was a simple factual correction that changes nothing.