Register
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:37 AM
    Liked 11,730 Times in 6,499 Posts

Premium Member

Default EPA Decree Shrinks Size of Wyoming by a Million Acres

Why is the EPA altering state boundaries in Wyoming - and reversing over 100 years of established law?  Well, apparently the city of Riverton now falls under the jurisdiction of the Wind River Indian Reservation.  This, obviously, isn't sitting well with the governor's office - which is urging the EPA to reconsider its ruling and respect the rule of law.

Reacting to the decision to reduce the size of Wyoming by about a million acres, Wyoming Governor Matt Mead warned of the dangers to all Americans of this type of unilateral land redistribution by the EPA:

"I understand that the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes have a different opinion about the Wind River Reservation Boundary. My deep concern is about an administrative agency of the federal government altering a state's boundary and going against over 100 years of history and law.

"This should be a concern to all citizens because, if the EPA can unilaterally take land away from a state, where will it stop?" Governor Matt Mead said in a press release on January 6.

Gov. Mead added, "The Attorney General's petition shows that, in conjunction with the Tribes, Congress diminished the Wind River Reservation in 1905. Given the fundamentally flawed process and decision and the likelihood of irreparable harm, the EPA should put a hold on its decision and reopen its process to incorporate all of the available evidence, give interested parties an opportunity to respond to the facts and arguments and complete its review in a transparent manner. The State has also asked the EPA to stay its decision until a final judicial decision has been issued."

When Wyoming received the EPA's unpublished decision granting the Tribes "Treatment As State" status on December 9, 2013, Gov. Mead called on the state's attorney general to challenge the decision:

"It is outrageous to me that a regulatory agency has proposed changing jurisdictional boundaries established by history and the Courts. I have asked the Attorney General to challenge this decision and defend the existing boundaries of the reservation.

http://www.cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/ma...-million-acres

http://governor.wy.gov/media/pressRe...onHoldand.aspx
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:54 AM
    Liked 6,820 Times in 3,567 Posts

Premium Member

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:44 PM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

No "giving" ANY American lands back to or forward to ANYONE.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1,106 Times in 675 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

The Marxist President strikes gain. This time hiding behind the Indians !!!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:17 AM
    Liked 2,383 Times in 1,487 Posts

Premium Member

Size matters
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.