Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default MSNBC panel discusses Mitt Romney's black grandchild

Well done MSNBC...

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 18,161 Times in 8,975 Posts

You know, I didn't think much of Mitt Romney as a candidate, but he does put his money where his mouth is, he's a charitable man.

Sure, it is easy to be charitable when you are a billionaire, but you know what? A lot of them aren't, and it seems the charity of his family extends to adopting anyone, no matter what race.

I wonder if the black people making fun of him would be willing to adopt a white baby? Unfortunately, I believe the answer in many instances would be no.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:40 PM
    Liked 6,703 Times in 3,722 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    You know, I didn't think much of Mitt Romney as a candidate, but he does put his money where his mouth is, he's a charitable man.

Sure, it is easy to be charitable when you are a billionaire, but you know what? A lot of them aren't, and it seems the charity of his family extends to adopting anyone, no matter what race.

I wonder if the black people making fun of him would be willing to adopt a white baby? Unfortunately, I believe the answer in many instances would be no.
    people often paint a bad political candidate as a bad man. I think your current president is doing a pretty lousy job but from everything i've seen he seems a like a good husband and father. The same can be said for Romney. Seems like a good man.

And you're right on the charity thing. Mayor Bloomberg spent hundreds of millions of dollars of his own money while mayor (about 5% of his net worth) and many are like "well he's rich". Well yeah he's rich compared to the average American. I'm far more "rich" compared to the average person in the 3rd world and you don't see me cutting a cheque for 5% of my net worth to give to them

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:39 AM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

"The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:42 PM
    Liked 7,886 Times in 4,612 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    I'm far more "rich" compared to the average person in the 3rd world and you don't see me cutting a cheque for 5% of my net worth to give to them
    I would be more impressed if you did give your 5% than someone like Bloomberg or Romney. There really is no sacrifice in what they given although giving one's money to charity is always a good thing no matter who it is doing the giving. I'll go with Jesus on this one:

Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.

43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44 They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.”

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

At the end she says they have another segment called "hey, was that racist?"

I guess they just replayed the previous segment and called it by a different name. That's an effective way to cut costs, that's for sure.

It's a shame that a woman with 3 S's in her name can't pronounce a single one of them.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:40 PM
    Liked 6,703 Times in 3,722 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    I would be more impressed if you did give your 5% than someone like Bloomberg or Romney. There really is no sacrifice in what they given although giving one's money to charity is always a good thing no matter who it is doing the giving. I'll go with Jesus on this one:

Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.

43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44 They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.”
    but my 5% would be out of my "wealth" as well. As bad as things are in our economy there are truly very few poor people who live here. There are 26 million Canadians who own a cel phone (that's basically just about every adult in the nation) - I find it hard to call someone poor if they have a cel phone bill.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

so someone reaches out and adopts a black child and this is cause for ridicule

it's not just the liberals who do this crap, reminds me of the attacks on Mccain by the Bush election committee about how he had a child with a black woman

truth was his wife adopted a child from India....no good deed goes unpunished

Part of the problem is that we have been told "need" talking heads on TV 24 hours a day. and they need stuff to talk about. So the important stuff gets buried and the "news" gets dumbed down and a lot of stupid stuff gets talked about and mistakes get made.......goodness knows if some real news comes their way, they'e going to rush it out ASAP because they're in a panic for something to talk about.

Anyone watch the number one morning news show lately? Good Morning America is now more like "TMZ" than 60 minutes and that's disturbing

They used to have the hard news on the first hour and let the fluff in in the second hour. but not so long ago the LED with a Kanye West story within the first three minutes.

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:41 PM
    Liked 11,785 Times in 6,531 Posts

Premium Member

Default CNN’S DON LEMON SHREDS ‘SMUG’ MSNBC FOR MAKING FUN OF ROMNEY FAMILY PHOTO

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:38 PM
    Liked 16,567 Times in 9,397 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Props to Don Lemon for being rational and objective.

Madonna can adopt a black child and nobody thinks it's "funny".
    Last edited by I Coulda Hada VH; 12.31.13 at 08:38 AM.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:01 PM
    Liked 1,084 Times in 726 Posts

Premium Member

People watch MSNBC?
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:04 AM
    Liked 3,116 Times in 1,827 Posts

Premium Member

Ya know, this clip wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. My only thought is that if this were Fox and it were a Democrat, someone would be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post

In his 2011 tax returns, Romney had given 30% of his income to charity, roughly $4 million.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 1,484 Times in 1,013 Posts

Premium Member

To be fully accepted by many liberals/progressive you need to approve of welfare, children of wedlock and you need to kiss black ass while also endlessly talk about how bad white people are.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:21 AM
    Liked 4,808 Times in 2,454 Posts

Premium Member

What do you expect from MSNBC?

From what I see any time a kid is adopted, it is a wonderful thing. Regardless of race, sex or political leaning.

The only reason why this is "news" its because the Romneys are about as white as you can get. Oh yeah they are Mormon which allows ridicule.

I don't know the Romney's or anybody in their family but from a distance, they don't seem to be a bad group of people. You would think with a family that large there would be some dirt on some family member. However that doesn't appear to be the case.

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:38 PM
    Liked 16,567 Times in 9,397 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    What do you expect from MSNBC?

From what I see any time a kid is adopted, it is a wonderful thing. Regardless of race, sex or political leaning.

The only reason why this is "news" its because the Romneys are about as white as you can get. Oh yeah they are Mormon which allows ridicule.

I don't know the Romney's or anybody in their family but from a distance, they don't seem to be a bad group of people. You would think with a family that large there would be some dirt on some family member. However that doesn't appear to be the case.
    The white male has become the easy target for "no-holds-barred" ridicule. I think it may have all started with Al Bundy on "Married With Children" ...
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"