Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: Old Sammy quote

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

In the video for Dreams live at The Whiskey there's a clip from an interview with Sammy in which he says, "The Van Halen fans have seem to be hanging in there awful good for a long time, I've got to really say, they may be the best fans on the planet."

I just think that kind of fits now because many of us are still hanging in there after all these years.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.07.08 @ 02:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am turning out to be a bitter asshole...just like the VH bros. I wonder if I could ever be a "good fan" again?? It could happen, but I will always be cynical about VH in some respects.
    Van Halen without the original 4 is just not Van Halen.

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    Any Van Halen fans that are still left after all these years are great fans. Sammy was correct !

Remember Van Halen first hit the streets on vinyl back in 78'. In less than 6 years from now ...... yeah, 30 years ago.

They do have a loyal fan base, they have really made an impact. Bring back the "Big Rock", the fun, the harmonies, that "Brown Sound" !!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by 79th and Sunset:
    Any Van Halen fans that are still left after all these years are great fans. Sammy was correct !

Remember Van Halen first hit the streets on vinyl back in 78'. In less than 6 years from now ...... yeah, 30 years ago.

They do have a loyal fan base, they have really made an impact. Bring back the "Big Rock", the fun, the harmonies, that "Brown Sound" !!

amen to that [img]smile.gif[/img]
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Favorite VH Album

The one with Ed on guitar.
    Favorite VH Song

The one with Ed's amazing solo
    Last Online

12.05.17 @ 03:49 PM
    Liked 186 Times in 92 Posts

Originally posted by 79th and Sunset:

couldn't have been said better.
    ...And next year is 25th Anniversary!
    "I could call it anything, but the only word I can think of is Brown. It's just a warm sound. Warm, big, majestic" - Eddie Van Halen on his Tone

"Van Halen is definitely a ladies band, and Iīve got the Polaroids to prove it". - David Lee Roth

WOLFGANG did the IMPOSSIBLE, he brought back VAN HALEN, DEAL WITH IT.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

I've been a fan since '78. The REAL Van Halen is with Dave. Sorry RedHeads. Sammy is an excellent singer/artist (prolly better'n Dave) but he ain't the man when it comes to Van Halen. Attitude is a far bigger attribute to a rock band than pipes. Sammy pulled off the impossible with VH. He joined a great rock band and didn't kill it. He just turned it into a pop band. Not that that is bad, it just IS NOT Van Halen. VH with Sam WAS NOT BAD. IT JUST WAS NOT VAN HALEN. THIS IS NOT A BASH. THIS IS THE TRUTH(the way I see it anyway)!
    You wanna talk about bad? See Van Halen 3. Now that was bad all the way around. Not one good thing on the record. Even the cover was a generic copy of something stupid. That painful 'shot to the gut' was right at the fans, wasn't it Alex?
    If Van Halen wants to 'expand' their music, do it as a side project. Van Halen is a punk rock band. END OF STORY.
    ps--hell, I wonder if Johnny Rotten would consider the helm? I'd pay to see that. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]