Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

Default Duck Dynasty Dad..another celebrity gets excoriated

The guy is who the guy is, and I have to think that I am more surprised that he gave an interview to GQ than that he voiced an opinion that on religious basis, he rejects the homosexual lifestyle

but MAN the way the media are jumping on this....."he equates homosexuality with bestiality" "he lumps homosexuality with terrorism" Good Lord!

These guys have become mainstream retail juggernauts with HUGE contracts for licensing their image on everything from Chia Pets to tshirts to books and even baked goods

wonder if they are going to get the Paula Deen treatment.

Duck Dynasty' Star Phil Robertson Calls Homosexuality 'Sinful' (ABC News).

Phil Robertson's definition of what is sinful has sparked a controversy.

In a new interview with GQ magazine, the "Duck Dynasty" star, 67, who turned to God after his own struggles with morality, explained that in his eyes, homosexual behavior - along with bestiality - is sinful.

'Duck Dynasty' Family Reveals Struggles Before Fame

"Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there," he said. "Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men."

Still, "We never, ever judge someone on who's going to heaven, hell. That's the Almighty's job," he added. "We just love 'em, give 'em the good news about Jesus - whether they're homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort 'em out later, you see what I'm saying?"

GLAAD released a statement calling his sentiments "some of the most vilest and most extreme statements uttered against LGBT people in a mainstream publication."

'Duck Dynasty' Star Reed Robertson: 'I Wanted To Kill Myself'

"Phil and his family claim to be Christian, but Phil's lies about an entire community fly in the face of what true Christians believe," said GLAAD spokesperson Wilson Cruz. "He clearly knows nothing about gay people or the majority of Louisianans - and Americans - who support legal recognition for loving and committed gay and lesbian couples. Phil's decision to push vile and extreme stereotypes is a stain on A&E and his sponsors, who now need to re-examine their ties to someone with such public disdain for LGBT people and families."

Robertson and his family, including his son Jep, who said that he's "definitely in line" with his father's beliefs, live in Louisiana.

""We're Bible-thumpers who just happened to end up on television," Phil Robertson added. "The Robertson family really believes strongly that if the human race loved each other and they loved God, we would just be better off. We ought to just be repentant, turn to God, and let's get on with it, and everything will turn around."

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 10:59 AM
    Liked 11,586 Times in 4,939 Posts

As a Jewish person and someone that has no issues with homosexuality I can safely say his opinions don't bother me in the slightest. It's a free country and he's entitled to them. Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. I think the show is funny and I will continue to watch it.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:48 AM
    Liked 260 Times in 114 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    The guy is who the guy is, and I have to think that I am more surprised that he gave an interview to GQ than that he voiced an opinion that on religious basis, he rejects the homosexual lifestyle

but MAN the way the media are jumping on this....."he equates homosexuality with bestiality" "he lumps homosexuality with terrorism" Good Lord!

These guys have become mainstream retail juggernauts with HUGE contracts for licensing their image on everything from Chia Pets to tshirts to books and even baked goods

wonder if they are going to get the Paula Deen treatment.

Duck Dynasty' Star Phil Robertson Calls Homosexuality 'Sinful' (ABC News).

Phil Robertson's definition of what is sinful has sparked a controversy.

In a new interview with GQ magazine, the "Duck Dynasty" star, 67, who turned to God after his own struggles with morality, explained that in his eyes, homosexual behavior - along with bestiality - is sinful.

'Duck Dynasty' Family Reveals Struggles Before Fame

"Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there," he said. "Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men."

Still, "We never, ever judge someone on who's going to heaven, hell. That's the Almighty's job," he added. "We just love 'em, give 'em the good news about Jesus - whether they're homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort 'em out later, you see what I'm saying?"

GLAAD released a statement calling his sentiments "some of the most vilest and most extreme statements uttered against LGBT people in a mainstream publication."

'Duck Dynasty' Star Reed Robertson: 'I Wanted To Kill Myself'

"Phil and his family claim to be Christian, but Phil's lies about an entire community fly in the face of what true Christians believe," said GLAAD spokesperson Wilson Cruz. "He clearly knows nothing about gay people or the majority of Louisianans - and Americans - who support legal recognition for loving and committed gay and lesbian couples. Phil's decision to push vile and extreme stereotypes is a stain on A&E and his sponsors, who now need to re-examine their ties to someone with such public disdain for LGBT people and families."

Robertson and his family, including his son Jep, who said that he's "definitely in line" with his father's beliefs, live in Louisiana.

""We're Bible-thumpers who just happened to end up on television," Phil Robertson added. "The Robertson family really believes strongly that if the human race loved each other and they loved God, we would just be better off. We ought to just be repentant, turn to God, and let's get on with it, and everything will turn around."
    The media may try the Paula Deen treatment, but it won't work. Phil believes what he believes, and doesn't give two craps what other people think. If they cancelled the show tomorrow, I doubt he'd lose 5 minutes sleep over it.

I've already seen one poll asking if you would still watch the show. It was 70% yes to 30% no.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    His music career faded faster than an eight ball in front of Lindsay Lohan. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 18,159 Times in 8,975 Posts

He thinks homosexuality is a sin...so what? Who cares?

I do too, and I think they should have every single right in this country that I do, including the right to get married, have children and be miserable like us straights.

Aren't we intelligent enough as a society to be able to delineate between what should be the laws in a free society and your personal viewpoints?
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Nope apparently not we have to make a big deal out of every little stupid thing. God forbid people have opposing viewpoints in this country.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 10:37 AM
    Liked 6,703 Times in 3,722 Posts

don't know of many Christian churches that don't have the exact same belief as him. Not that I know who he is or care who is, nor do I care what GLADD thinks.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Not like he's encouraging violence against people or something...this is so dumb.

Hell he even says he wouldn't treat people differently based on their beliefs. Come the fuck on.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Last Online

12.08.17 @ 02:36 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

I read this this morning and I personally agree with Phil. Phil even clarified that he would never treat someone different based on their views which when you read the whole article he never says I can't stand being around gay people or anything like that. Of course liberals love this kind of thing because someone has a different view than them and heaven forbid someone do that. I'd rather never see another episode of duck dynasty than read some apology for his views.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning=Dave 5150=Sammy
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained or Summer Nights
    Last Online

11.09.16 @ 04:17 AM
    Liked 65 Times in 41 Posts

I agree with him too.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:01 AM
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts

Premium Member

Going to be interesting to see how this plays out. The families core business is hunting gear so I think they will survive. Most people who buy their key chains,tee shirts, and coffee mugs probably feel the same too.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

there are some correlations to the Paula Deen debacle......you take the person for who they are, how and where they were raised and what they've become and you have to believe that if Paula Deen had testified that she had NEVER used the N word, you could pretty much be safe in calling her a liar.... and if Phil had said that he supports the gay life style that he too would be lying for financial gain

I give them both credit for being true to themselves and I do not believe that either one of them comes to this with a shred of hatred in their hearts

notice he has always said that he ran wild and was a sinner and he and his family suffered for it, and that it wasn't until he accepted for himself a Christian life that things got better for him.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Going to be interesting to see how this plays out. The families core business is hunting gear so I think they will survive. Most people who buy their key chains,tee shirts, and coffee mugs probably feel the same too.

I would guess that they now make more money from licensing than from the duck calls ....I just bought Duck Dynasty sugar cookies!

Forbes article says it is a 400 million dollar business
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoco...handise-sales/

but Phil recently said that he didn't think he would be on the show much longer and that he thought it would all play out sooner than later

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:20 AM
    Liked 1,483 Times in 1,012 Posts

Premium Member

Damn. This shit again?

Look, I myself have nothing against gays... And I care nothing about Duck Dynasty. It's a show following the life of some rednecks that spit out that Yogi Berra sense of humor stuff. Why does someone want to follow other peoples daily lives on TV? I don't get it myself... But whatever.

But nothing he said was that bad. Get over it people.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:20 AM
    Liked 1,483 Times in 1,012 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Nope apparently not we have to make a big deal out of every little stupid thing. God forbid people have opposing viewpoints in this country.
    It's the media looking for people to tear down... The media have helped build these guys up, and now that they're having success it is time to tear them apart. That is what the media does.

The problem for the media is that most of the shows targeted audience either knows or suspect what his beliefs are already... So, I doubt this will give them many problems.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

A&E has announced that they have kicked Phil off the show

'Duck Dynasty': A&E suspends star for anti-gay comments

By James Hibberd on Dec 18, 2013 at 7:34PM @james_hibberd

A&E broke its silence on Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson’s anti-gay comments late Wednesday.

The network announced Robertson is off the show for the time being.

The network issued the following statement to EW: “We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson’s comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series Duck Dynasty. His personal views in no way reflect those of A+E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely.”

An A&E spokesperson confirmed this statement means exactly what it says: Robertson is kicked off the show for an as-yet-undetermined period of time. The rest of his family will continue on the hugely rated reality series