On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I am just curious to know if any of the dudes in TOOL ever mention VH or spoken about VH? Maybe Adam or Maynard mentioned something?

I have read where so many newer bands(System of a Down, Deftones, Creed, Fuel, Fear Factory, Incubus, Staind, Manson etc.) have spoken about growing up influenced/inspired by VH.
    I mean, I rarely see TOOL speak out about any damn thing cuz they rarely do interviews. Between TOOL and RADIOHEAD you would be lucky to get 2 interviews a year!
    Since TOOL came from the L.A. club scene in the early 90's and is still rooted out there I just figured they had to have heard VH along the way.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

05.06.13 @ 08:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Badabing:
    I am just curious to know if any of the dudes in TOOL ever mention VH or spoken about VH? Maybe Adam or Maynard mentioned something?

I have read where so many newer bands(System of a Down, Deftones, Creed, Fuel, Fear Factory, Incubus, Staind, Manson etc.) have spoken about growing up influenced/inspired by VH.
    I mean, I rarely see TOOL speak out about any damn thing cuz they rarely do interviews. Between TOOL and RADIOHEAD you would be lucky to get 2 interviews a year!
    Since TOOL came from the L.A. club scene in the early 90's and is still rooted out there I just figured they had to have heard VH along the way.
    What the fuck do you care what Tool thinks?

Do you get a hard on when some nu-metal band mentions VH in an interview?

Why is it so important for them to give VH props?

These are people who grew up listening to much more different music than VH or 80's hair rock.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m the One
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by PHOENIX:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Badabing:

What the fuck do you care what Tool thinks?

Do you get a hard on when some nu-metal band mentions VH in an interview?

Why is it so important for them to give VH props?

These are people who grew up listening to much more different music than VH or 80's hair rock.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Why the fuck do you care if he asks?

Do you get a hard on everytime he logs in and posts about VH?

I've got the cure you're thinking of.<br />------------------<br />Remixed! Van Halen covers done by my band: <br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/Dreams.mp3" target="_blank">Dreams</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/Panama.mp3" target="_blank">Panama</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/Unchained.mp3" target="_blank">Unchained</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/AtomicPunk.mp3" target="_blank">Atomic Punk</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/SomebodyGetMeADoctor.mp3" target="_blank">Somebody Get Me a Doctor</a><br /><br />NEW: Burning Tires and Dr. Love:<br /><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/HearAboutItLater.mp3" target="_blank">Hear About It Later</a>

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 07:54 AM
    Liked 11,544 Times in 4,918 Posts

It's a valid question Peenix, I think it's very interesting to hear what new bands think of VH.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

05.06.13 @ 08:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Brett:
    It's a valid question Peenix, I think it's very interesting to hear what new bands think of VH.
    Alrigh alright!!!!!

I have an interview with them in a Guitar mag and one of them mentioned he feels a little weird on stage knowing there are people in the audience who can probably play better guitar than him cause he cant play anything like SLASH or EDDIE VAN HALEN.

Basically saying he wasnt one of those kids growing up that would sit around all day and learn the songs in that magazine. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

[ December 30, 2002, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: PHOENIX ]

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Testy testy there peeon. Get blown or sumthin.

I ask cuz as Brett said it is always interesting to hear what never groups think. Besides, TOOL aint nu-metal dude.
    I happen to think TOOL are one of the best and most interesting bands out there in an otherwise lame time for music, especially guitar-driven music. I am well aware that all these bands have many influences. But it never ceases to amaze me how the majority always mention the impact VH had on them. I think it's very important actually. You dont see too many of these new bands name dropping Quiet Riot, Ratt or Dokken.
    VH always seems to be at the top of their lists. Happy now lester?

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I wouldn't consider Tool "nu-metal". Plus they aren't exactly new either. They've been around longer than some expect. They are in a league of their own, their own path has been created, unlike all the "nu-metal" bands that all sound alike. And yes it has been mentioned that Adam "wishes" he could play like EVH and Hendrix, but chose to go his own route.
    And beyond the horizon.... a sound was heard.

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Badabing:
    Testy testy there peeon. Get blown or sumthin.

I ask cuz as Brett said it is always interesting to hear what never groups think. Besides, TOOL aint nu-metal dude.
    I happen to think TOOL are one of the best and most interesting bands out there in an otherwise lame time for music, especially guitar-driven music. I am well aware that all these bands have many influences. But it never ceases to amaze me how the majority always mention the impact VH had on them. I think it's very important actually. You dont see too many of these new bands name dropping Quiet Riot, Ratt or Dokken.
    VH always seems to be at the top of their lists. Happy now lester?
    I agree, the nu-metal category doesn't apply to Tool. I will say that the falls shows I saw from them was in the top three all time concerts I have ever seen. Can't wait for the DVD.

I think anyone who grew up listening to rock music and playing guitar in the 80's would be a liar if they said Eddie Van Halen didn't inspire them in some shape or form.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I love TOOL! Nothing wrong with a little Prog Rock! I also really like A Perfect Circle too
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>

Top Of The World
    Last Online

11.15.09 @ 04:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Huh Huh Huh... He loves tools! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]