Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 10:09 PM
    Liked 11,785 Times in 6,531 Posts

Premium Member

Default Congressmen Move To Declassify Key Part of 9/11 Report Indicating Outside Help

CONGRESSMEN MOVE TO DECLASSIFY KEY PART OF 9/11 REPORT THAT THEY SAY COULD INDICATE HIJACKERS HAD OUTSIDE HELP

Reps. Walter Jones (R-NC) and Stephen Lynch (D-Mass.) introduced a House resolution earlier this month urging President Barack Obama to declassify a portion of a government report that they say could provide evidence the 9/11 hijackers had outside help.

“[T]he information contained in the redacted pages is critical to our foreign policy moving forward and should thus be available to the American public,” Jones said in a press release. “If the 9/11 hijackers had outside help – particularly from one or more foreign governments – the press and the public have a right to know what our government has or has not done to bring justice to all of the perpetrators.”

H.R. 428 — titled “Urging the president to release information regarding the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks upon the United States” — would release to the public 28 pages of the Joint Inquiry into Intelligence Activities Before and After the Terrorist Attacks of September 2001, originally classified by President George W. Bush.

“Twelve years after the horrific September 11 attacks, unanswered questions still remain,” Lynch said in a press release. “These pages contain information that is vital to a full understanding of the events and circumstances surrounding this tragedy.”

On Sunday, the New York Post published a report titled, “Inside the 9/11 Coverup.” Their report mentions the efforts to declassify the 28 pages that they say “isn’t just blacked out here and there” but are “completely blank.”
    http://nypost.com/2013/12/15/inside-...i-911-coverup/

According to The Post, Jones and Lynch were “absolutely shocked” at the level of foreign state involvement in the attacks after reading the redacted portions.

But, the pair of congressmen can’t  reveal what they read without breaking federal law, The Post reported.

Leaked information, however, reportedly found “incontrovertible evidence” that Saudi Arabia, a supposed ally of the U.S., may have had a role in the attacks, according to The Post.

“The intelligence files cited in the report directly implicate the Saudi embassy in Washington and consulate in Los Angeles in the attacks, making 9/11 not just an act of terrorism, but an act of war,” The Post added in their report.

The resolution to declassify the 28 portion of the report was referred to the House Committee on Intelligence on Dec. 2nd.

http://nypost.com/2013/12/15/inside-...i-911-coverup/

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...-outside-help/
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 12.15.13 at 02:25 PM.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 07:14 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Suppose it's true - do you go to war over an attack that happened over 12 years ago?

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

And, more importantly, which President do we blame ?
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 18,161 Times in 8,975 Posts

Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush I, and Bush II. It's all their fault.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    Suppose it's true - do you go to war over an attack that happened over 12 years ago?
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. We know that most of the attackers were Saudis, and we know that Bin Laden had associations with Saudi Royal princes, but could that mean a loose (or firm) state connection? If so, what do we do about it now (and do we just use it as a justification for giving them the middle finger on every Middle East policy in the last 5 years)?

The only reason I can think of a push for this now is that it shows either the Taliban, Iran, or both being direct sponsors. Politically, it would behoove the backers of a hard line on both to show that there should be more to pay for the wrongs that were committed, and with the US essentially entering talks with both sides recently, and in the case of the Taliban, the prospect of them taking over Aghanistan again in our absence, it would be important for the American people to know.

Here's a long shot but an interesting thought exercise: what if Iraq did have some involvement in 9/11 after all? Would that change our opinion of the Iraq War?
    Last edited by bsbll4; 12.16.13 at 08:09 AM.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:13 PM
    Liked 650 Times in 369 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. We know that most of the attackers were Saudis, and we know that Bin Laden had associations with Saudi Royal princes, but could that mean a loose (or firm) state connection? If so, what do we do about it now (and do we just use it as a justification for giving them the middle finger on every Middle East policy in the last 5 years)?

The only reason I can think of a push for this now is that it shows either the Taliban, Iran, or both being direct sponsors. Politically, it would behoove the backers of a hard line on both to show that there should be more to pay for the wrongs that were committed, and with the US essentially entering talks with both sides recently, and in the case of the Taliban, the prospect of them taking over Aghanistan again in our absence, it would be important for the American people to know.

Here's a long shot but an interesting thought exercise: what if Iraq did have some involvement in 9/11 after all? Would that change our opinion of the Iraq War?
    It would make the war justified.

I think if you attack Saudi Arabia, you might as well get the nukes out. Nobody gives a shit about Iraq or Afganistan, but once you're going after Saudis it would get real ugly real quick.
    Cabo x 20
    Van Halen x 11
    Sammy x 20+
    DLR x 2

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:35 PM
    Liked 1,390 Times in 763 Posts

The best friends of the Bush family. But no one bothered them after 9/11. No wonder.
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:48 AM
    Liked 109 Times in 44 Posts

Just when GWB was getting into a nice quiet retirement. Too late for a new discussion? I guess we'll find out...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

The Saudis get by with a lot of things, no matter which party is running the show over here. Present company is hardly excluded.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 10:09 PM
    Liked 11,785 Times in 6,531 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    The Saudis get by with a lot of things, no matter which party is running the show over here. Present company is hardly excluded.
    This. How about the Saudi national, Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi , who was on the terror watch list who just happened to be at the Boston bombing? The first lady even visited him at the hospital after he was injured.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:06 PM
    Liked 1,863 Times in 732 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Just when GWB was getting into a nice quiet retirement. Too late for a new discussion? I guess we'll find out...
    I get the feeling this will be bigger than any Presidency if all the info about the Saudis is released. There is an awful odor coming out of that country and I'm not talkin about their Drakkar Noir showers. It sickens me that some frigging towel heads on the other side of the world have such power over the USA and the rest of the world.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:09 PM
    Liked 801 Times in 436 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    No kidding. Google "Carter Doctrine." Even Jimmy grovelled at their feet. The sad thing is that it's all just geopolitical meddling. Between new technology and friendly allies (Mexico, Canada), we could basically have all the oil we want. But that's not good enough for the Ruling Class...

TK

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:48 AM
    Liked 109 Times in 44 Posts

We shall see. I hope it does not start up a Bush witch hunt, but from what I've read today it sounds like it may be coming, and possibly with good reason.

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:54 AM
    Liked 742 Times in 409 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    Send in a Seal Team to 'deal with' the people who are to blame. In and out.

No need to go to war. It's largely for show (*cough* Iraq *cough*).
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:54 AM
    Liked 742 Times in 409 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by pickslide View Post
    No kidding. Google "Carter Doctrine." Even Jimmy grovelled at their feet. The sad thing is that it's all just geopolitical meddling. Between new technology and friendly allies (Mexico, Canada), we could basically have all the oil we want. But that's not good enough for the Ruling Class...

TK
    As well as CNG in the US. There are SO MANY technologies out there that would effectively deal w/ 'oil concerns' it's not funny. With the insane amount of money spent on unnecessary wars - we could have these technologies today, at affordable prices, sell them around the world and be very prosperous from them.

People want to deal w/ the crisis in the middle east? Get rid of the religion of oil. That's their leverage - take it away and you've got a non-issue.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.