Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Boy, 6, suspended for.....

A 6-year-old boy has been suspended from a Colorado school for kissing a girl on the cheek.

"It was during class yeah. We were doing reading group and I leaned over and kissed her on the hand. That's what happened," said Hunter Yelton.

Six year old Hunter was at home on Monday instead of at school.

"They sent me to the office, fair and square. I did something wrong and I feel sorry," he said.

http://www.krdo.com/news/six-year-ol...z/-/index.html
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

This should've gone in the commie thread along with the story of the little boy that was suspended for pretending his pencil was a bow and shooting an invisible arrow.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

I'm siting here asking myself....why did they stop at a suspension?

Personally I think they need to cut this little heathen's pecker off now before he becomes a true menace to women and their respective vaginas (and cheeks) everywhere.....
    Last edited by MF5150; 12.10.13 at 10:59 AM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 07:31 PM
    Liked 16,580 Times in 9,404 Posts

Ridiculous.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:33 PM
    Liked 18,189 Times in 8,988 Posts

It's called hippies and baby boomers in positions of power.

Shouldn't really surprise us. Wait until the current generation of knuckleheads is in charge.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:54 AM
    Liked 6,851 Times in 3,588 Posts

Premium Member

Child Psychologist: six-year-old kissing girl normal behavior

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -

A Canon City school six-year-old boy has been accused of sexual harassment and the school suspended him for kissing a girl on the cheek and hand.

A child psychologist said the tough treatment could have negative consequences. She said the kissing is normal behavior for children of that age.

Lincoln School of Science and Technology is home to young growing minds from Kindergarten to 5th grade. Six-year-old Hunter Yelton is one of them suspended two days for kissing a girl once on the hand and another time on the cheek.

Sandy Wurtele, a child clinical psychologist at UCCS, specializes in child sexual development and the prevention of childhood sexual abuse. She said she wasn't surprised when we told her about Hunter kissing a classmate.

"For most six-year-old boys, absolutely. That would be a normal behavior,” said Wurtele.

However, she was surprised to hear the school suspended him.

“That really gives mixed messages, negative messages to the kids,” she said. "This part of development is just as important if not more than their academic subjects."

Wurtele believes the term "sexual harassment" could have serious consequences on a child.

"I don't think a six-year-old would understand what harassment is,” said Wurtele. "That has some longer term implications."

She said if anything, this is an opportunity to talk.

"For so long, we're like 'Oh no! Don't kiss! Don't talk about it! Don't ask questions!’” she said.

Wurtele said it’s also a chance to have a discussion with hunter, the girl involved, their classmates and all parents.

"Move away from that 'we don't do this' to in what situations is it acceptable?" said Wurtele.

It points to the fact that some behavior may be acceptable one place, but isn’t always acceptable at another.

“You may have different rules of showing affection than you do maybe at home,” said Wurtele.

Wurtele assured Newschannel 13 that children at that age are simply curious about the differences between boys and girls.

http://www.krdo.com/news/child-psych...z/-/index.html

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:12 PM
    Liked 6,711 Times in 3,729 Posts

reading the story i have no issue with the suspension. When a grade 1 child is working on his (atleast) 3rd suspension, I stop thinking it's an issue with the school and start thinkg it's a kid/parent issue. He'd been suspended in the past for doing the same thing. Whether or not you think that's suspension worthy (and I don't) once you're suspended for something you'd like to think you'd stop doing that.

Last Online

Premium Member

Who gives a fuck. It's one six year old... one!

Our lives will all go on just fine not caring or knowing how poor young Hunter turns out.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

It's just a sore subject with me, our school system suspends kids for what they do OUTSIDE of school. Which to me is just fucking lunacy.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    reading the story i have no issue with the suspension. When a grade 1 child is working on his (atleast) 3rd suspension, I stop thinking it's an issue with the school and start thinkg it's a kid/parent issue. He'd been suspended in the past for doing the same thing. Whether or not you think that's suspension worthy (and I don't) once you're suspended for something you'd like to think you'd stop doing that.
    While I agree the kid should have learned after the first 2 suspensions not to kiss her.....

The issue is that he shouldn't be working on his 3rd suspension because kissing a girl on the cheek isn't suspension worthy unless the girl he's kissing doesn't like him. Now this kid is going to have "sexual harassment" on his record as a youngster?! Like really?......

I once bit a kid who was trying to steal a toy away from me in class. Y'know what happened to me. I got a 2 minute, stern talk outside the class from my teacher. I didn't get labelled as a cannibal.

I'm so happy I grew up when I did.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    It's just a sore subject with me, our school system suspends kids for what they do OUTSIDE of school. Which to me is just fucking lunacy.
    as long as it's related to actions against another student then i don't have an issue with this.

can't speak for down there but the biggest problem up here in the schools isn't the teachers or the administators, it's the f-ign parents. Even in a story like this, why am I betting that it's not the school that leaked the kids name to the press but rather his parents did trying to make this a big story. Here's an idea: do your f-ing job as parents. If the school has a policy of not kissing anyone then instruct your child to not kiss anyone. This isn't rocket science. You'd think the first suspension would have been a clue to his parents but nope. Instead of speaking to the kid and correcting the behaviour too many parents go into defence mode. They aren't doing the kids any favours in the long run.

Last Online

Premium Member

This should have been a private matter between the school, the parents and Hunter. We don't need to know about every single incident these days that happen with kids doing supposedly normal kid like things in school. The school may have labeled him with sexual harassment, probably to be kept in his private file, but it was the Mom that took it to the media and exposed her own son.

Like I said, fuck 'em. Go away.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    While I agree the kid should have learned after the first 2 suspensions not to kiss her.....

The issue is that he shouldn't be working on his 3rd suspension because kissing a girl on the cheek isn't suspension worthy unless the girl he's kissing doesn't like him. Now this kid is going to have "sexual harassment" on his record as a youngster?! Like really?......

I once bit a kid who was trying to steal a toy away from me in class. Y'know what happened to me. I got a 2 minute, stern talk outside the class from my teacher. I didn't get labelled a cannibal.

I'm so happy I grew up when I did.
    has he been charged with sexual harassment?

If that was us when we grew up this would have been handled very easily. Mike kisses girl (lucky girl) and the admins didn't like it (they wouldn't back then either). Here's the call home:

Principal - Mike kissed one of the other students and we have a rule against this.

Mike's Mom - I'll talk to him and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Principal - Thanks, have a good day.

(it never happens again because Mike listened to his mom and sure as hell didn't want his dad to get involved).

Nowadays there's a f-ing hearing and the parents feel the need to act like a defence attorney and the kissed child's parents are threatening to sue. The kid did something that was against the rules, tell him to stop. Not hard. And we shouldn't be reading about it.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    This should have been a private matter between the school, the parents and Hunter. We don't need to know about every single incident these days that happen with kids doing supposedly normal kid like things in school. The school may have labeled him with sexual harassment, probably to be kept in his private file, but it was the Mom that took it to the media and exposed her own son.

Like I said, fuck 'em. Go away.
    While I agree with the bold section whole heartedly, I do believe that the school should have to face some sort of public scrutiny if they're trying to label a 6 year old boy as a sexual harasser or deviant for kissing the cheek or hand of his crush.

That's just not right. I don't care how many times this kid was suspended for something he shouldn't have been suspended for.

All that being said, the parents definitely need to take some responsibility here, like Mike posted. If your kid gets suspended once for kissing a classmate, you have a right to be pissed at the school. If he gets suspended twice, you should know that, even as harmless as it is, your son can't be kissing classmates cause he'll be suspended for a third time. While the sexual harassment label is WAY OVERBOARD, the parents don't really have a right to be upset about the suspension even if it is ridiculous.

has he been charged with sexual harassment?
    He was suspended "due to sexual harassment". Was he charged by the cops? No. But if a school is deeming a kiss on the hand or cheek from one crush to another as sexual harassment then that's fucked I don't care how you slice it.

They have a "no kissing" policy. Fine. But don't bring in words like "sexual harassment".
    Last edited by MF5150; 12.10.13 at 11:57 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

as long as it's related to actions against another student then i don't have an issue with this.
    Why in the hell should the school get involved in anything outside their school grounds or sanctioned events? We are raising generation after generation of idiots in this country, but this is what we deem the school needs to waste time with? How about, I don't know, TEACHING!

A 12 year old kid gets into a fist fight outside the Dunkin' Donuts, and everyone gets suspended for it? (My local example).

That has absofuckinglutely nothing to do with school, and it is none of the school's damn business. If it spills over into school hours, THEN it is a school problem, but not until then.

I would tell the school to go fuck themselves with a dick an elephant could feel if they tried to discipline my son for something outside of school that was minor.

If no charges have been filed with the police, and it is off school grounds and not part of a school event, then in my opinion they have no say on the matter.

Period.