Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:06 AM
    Liked 1,481 Times in 1,010 Posts

Premium Member

Default Ronald Reagan's Son Records Atheist Radio Ad: 'Not Afraid Of Burning In Hell'

Ronald Reagan's Son Records Atheist Radio Ad: 'Not Afraid Of Burning In Hell'

Ron Reagan, the son of former President Ronald Reagan, has recorded a radio ad promoting the Freedom From Religion Foundation. The ad has been running on the progressive radio program "The Randi Rhodes Show."

In the ad, which has been running all month, the former Air America host and atheist advocate warns listeners of the “intrusions of religion into our secular government” and asks them to join FFRF in the organization's efforts against religion in politics:

I’m Ron Reagan, an unabashed atheist, and I’m alarmed by the intrusions of religion into our secular government. That’s why I’m asking you to join the Freedom From Religion Foundation -- the nation’s largest and most effective organization of atheists and agnostics, working to keep state and church separate. Phone 1-800-335-4021 or visit the Freedom From Religion Foundation at FFRF.ORG. Ron Reagan, lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell.
    In 2004, three weeks after his father's death, Reagan told The New York Times that he would be an "unelectable" candidate for president because of his secular affiliations.

"I’m unelectable. I’m an atheist. As we all know, that is something people won't accept,” Reagan said.

Reagan, who stopped attending church at the age of 12, has also served as an outspoken advocate of stem-cell research, criticizing religious justifications for opposition to the scientific exploration.

“It does not follow that the theology of a few should be allowed to forestall the health and well-being of the many,” Reagan said of stem-cell research at the 2004 Democratic National Convention.

In 2009, Reagan was awarded FFRF's Emperor Has No Clothes Award, and he spoke at the 32nd annual convention of the FFRF, where he touched upon the negative impact of religion on politics.

"Religion may indeed inspire acts of great kindness and courage. But it also trains people to believe things for which there is no evidence. This makes religion’s intrusion into the political sphere all the more troubling," Reagan said during the speech.

“We’re so grateful to Ron Reagan for recording this commercial for FFRF, and for being willing to speak out publicly as an atheist for so many years,” FFRF Co-President Annie Laurie Gaylor said in a news release Monday.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...usaolp00000592

Pretty shocking to hear.
    Last edited by rocknblues81; 11.27.13 at 11:05 AM.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 07:17 AM
    Liked 6,837 Times in 3,577 Posts

Premium Member

Good for him. He's absolutely right about the separation of church and state.

Don't really see any big story here. He doesn't believe in hell, so he should be fine.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 07:22 AM
    Liked 11,754 Times in 6,511 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    Ronald Reagan's Son Records Atheist Radio Ad: 'Not Afraid Of Burning In Hell'

Pretty shocking to hear.
    Why? Ron Jr has been saying this for decades. Reagan had four children , two conservatives and two liberal wack jobs. The two conservatives adored their father and the two liberals were born with an axe to grind against him. Nothing new
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:06 AM
    Liked 1,481 Times in 1,010 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Why? Ron Jr has been saying this for decades. Reagan had four children , two conservatives and two liberal wack jobs. The two conservatives adored their father and the two liberals were born with an axe to grind against him. Nothing new
    I guess I never paid much attention before. But I do agree that he sounds like a rebellious son.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 2,386 Times in 1,488 Posts

Premium Member

Everyone has an opinion at least he tells the truth. I have 2 sons and they think nothing like me politically and I love them dearly.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 07:21 AM
    Liked 18,133 Times in 8,957 Posts

If his name was Ron Jones no one would care, so why does the simple fact that he is Ronald Reagan's kid get some people bent out of shape?

He has an opinion, he is free to express it.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!