Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

POUND CAKE
    Last Online

05.08.08 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. However, I remember Keidis being interviewed one time and he said that the one band the whole group could agree on that they liked was Van Halen.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

What I am talking about are these little segments, almost like commercials, that MTV2 does with John Frusciante. He is just sitting there and I guess they just film him talking about different things in music and make these little commercials out of them. This one I saw tonite was John talking about how he doesnt care for guitarist who show off and try to pass themselves off as just lead players. As he said this, Eddie VH's image was put on the screen. You can see Eddie playing guitar as John is talking about people who use the guitar just to show off and to push their talent in people's faces and all that!!!

It was doubly shocking considering I have also heard the Chili Peppers talk about their love of VH!
    I guess the assholes at MTV2 did this.
    I wonder if the Peppers & John even know that while he is talking about guitar wankers the MTV2 assholes ran an image of Eddie VH on the screen?
    Fuckin' MTV2 morons....

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Dude... What you even bothering with MTV at all? MTV is as crap happy as Rolling Stone. Th cater to the marketing segments of the Pop Music... It's like you EXPECTED quality from MTV productions or something. Fuck that! If I want quality from MTV, I'll watch Nickelodeon [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] Fuckers never really knew about music, they only commercialized it. If they think EVH is appropriate to set in a negative light as background visions for a segment, then fuck 'em.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well as I said, there is a show on MTV2 that plays cool old school rock videos by The Who, VH, Judas Priest, Led Zep etc.. Some very cool concert vids as well... They have even played VH's promo video of them doing You Really got Me live at the Whiskey in early 78'!! So I was chillin' and stayin' in tonite when I saw that atrocious segment.
    Again, I shouldnt blame John seeing as how he didnt mention VH specifically and I do recall the Peppers talkin' bout how they dig VH a lot.

But can a network do that? I mean, someone needs to get John Frusciante's agent on the phone! lol.. Cuz man, they made him out to look like he was totally dissing Eddie VH!! Not cool...

Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

Impossible to name only one
    Last Online

01.08.17 @ 09:19 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well, VH-1 did an interview with Johnny Rezneck (dont know if i spelled that right) of the Goo Goo Dolls, he's the singer/guitar player and he said Eddie Van Halen is responsible for alot of shitty music. Certain people like this Johnny guy need to learn to keep their mouth shut. I always hated this guy. He's just a nappy headed crap song writing little punk who thinks he's hot crap. Man i hate the goo goo dolls.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

That's hilaious coming from a band like the Goo Goo Dolls. The name says it all-Goo Goo Dolls-what a fuckin joke.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Funny, I read a guitar magazine interview with the singer from the Goo Goo Dolls a few years back where he said that as a young kid he didn't respect EVH's playing, thought it was all flash and no style. But that as he'd grown up he realized that EVH was in fact a quality player.

But back to the topic at hand, are we suggesting that EVERY human being alive ISN'T a Van Halen fan? Surely that can't be right! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Why would you get bent out of shape about this. Is it important to you what you like, or is it important to you that everybody else like what you like?

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

i dont think hes dissin' eddie....hes sayin hes more than just flash...

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

Oh I would certainly agree that the *misinterpretation* of what Eddie was doing was directly responsible for a lot crappy playing and tone.

Absolutely.

I agree with Frusciante, and yet, I agree with you that MTV2 are a bunch of idiots for editing the clip in that manner....but I can TOTALLY understand how & why it happened.

It's not like they have Adam Whats-his-face back there in the editing room, with a gallon of hairspray in his hair, and yelling, "...NO you idiots....Enuff Z'Nuff are the poseurs.....Not EVH...change the clip...."

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away, 5150, Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Badabing:
    Well as I said, there is a show on MTV2 that plays cool old school rock videos by The Who, VH, Judas Priest, Led Zep etc.. Some very cool concert vids as well... They have even played VH's promo video of them doing You Really got Me live at the Whiskey in early 78'!! So I was chillin' and stayin' in tonite when I saw that atrocious segment.
    Again, I shouldnt blame John seeing as how he didnt mention VH specifically and I do recall the Peppers talkin' bout how they dig VH a lot.

But can a network do that? I mean, someone needs to get John Frusciante's agent on the phone! lol.. Cuz man, they made him out to look like he was totally dissing Eddie VH!! Not cool...
    Do you happen to recall the name of that show on MTV2?

I happen to despise MTV now (and personally don't think VH1 is much better with it's 50,000 Diva/Asskissing tributes), but hey, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion...and that includes the guy from Goo Goo Dolls. It's not like MTV2 and Johnny Whatshisface are talking bad about our mothers, so what's the big frigging deal? As we've all seen with the whole Roth/Hagar debate, people can sometimes get WAY too defensive over someone simply giving their opinion. Just a thought.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I was watching MTV2 tonite cuz they where playin' old cool rock videos when I saw a quick segment that MTV2 does with John Frusciante of the Chili Peppers.
    So John is rambling about how he really isnt into guitar solos anymore. He says he was as a kid but not anymore. He also says how he isnt into players who feature themselves as lead players. I dont know what he really means tho cuz everyone from Hendrix to whoever does solos.
    Anyhow, as he is saying this you see an image of EVH appear on the screen! Now John never really names EVH or anyone in particular, so I take it the idiots at MTV2 assumed he meant EVH?
    More idiots who look at EVH as just a lead player, all we need. Thats like looking at Michael Jordan as just a dunker! So John is rambling about how music is a gift and all that and people need to focus more on sound and not show off on guitar while EVH's silhouette/image appears on the screen... Steve Vai was right when he said EVH's rythm playing is great and sadly overlooked. EVH is the total package and some morons still wanna make him Mr. Lead? Gee, I guess EVH doesnt play rythm huh? Maybe Mike Anthony is sneaking in all those fills, writing all the tunes and comin' up with the great hooks/riffs...
    Why of all the guitar players in history did they have to put EVH on the screen as John was talking about showoff players who just focus on leads and present themselves as lead players? We are truly living in a sad time.. Fuckin' MTV2.. Plus John may need to get back on heroin cuz he basically comes from the Hendrix school of playing and gee, Hendrix wasnt flashy or a big solo guy huh? jeesh.. Unreal

Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by skiler78:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Badabing:

Do you happen to recall the name of that show on MTV2?

I happen to despise MTV now (and personally don't think VH1 is much better with it's 50,000 Diva/Asskissing tributes), but hey, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion...and that includes the guy from Goo Goo Dolls. It's not like MTV2 and Johnny Whatshisface are talking bad about our mothers, so what's the big frigging deal? As we've all seen with the whole Roth/Hagar debate, people can sometimes get WAY too defensive over someone simply giving their opinion. Just a thought.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Yeah everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but when your the singer for the goo goo dolls and all your sngs are shit, you shouldnt bad mouth someone else. He just came off sounding like he was better than EVH and his songs are far more superior or something. I wish he would comb his hair.

Favorite VH Album

VH1, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Top of the World
    Last Online

01.30.07 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I wouldn't think too much of it. These days people don't know real rock music if it bit them in the ass.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

No it aint about people having to like what i like. In fact, I know people and hang out with some people who not only dont like VH, they dont like Hendrix, Led Zep and others either! To each their own.
    What pissed me off is that MTV2 assumed that John was speaking about EVH. They had to because John never mentioned EVH by name. And since I recall the Peppers have always spoken positively about VH, I couldnt imagine John's comments being directed at VH. What gives those MTV2 guys the right to throw on EVH''s image while John talks about wanky showoff guitarists??

I also recall the comments of Johnny Handjob, Reznick, whatever... The Goo Goo Dolls guy. He did make good a couple years back when he did say that as a kid he didnt appreciatte or respect EVH but as he got older he realized what an innovator the guy is. I could never believe he would blame VH for shitty music that followed. That would be like blaming the Beatles for all the boy bands in the world who followed!!
    I dont mind if people arent into VH, just dont tell me they suck. Its like Celine Dion. I cant stand her or her schmaltzy factory made music and will never own one of her albums, but I could never deny the woman can sing her ass off.

Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I think alot of times when someone talks trash about playing guitar solos its because they cant do it themselves. So maybe this has a little to do with it?