Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 11:09 AM
    Liked 6,815 Times in 3,564 Posts

Premium Member

Default Albuquerque, NM Traffic Stop... CRAZY!

I'm just speechless at this entire incident.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50159279n

Last Online

Premium Member

This is going to get so ugly.

So much wrong on both sides, but the actual event will surely get buried in bullshit soon enough.

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    This is going to get so ugly.

So much wrong on both sides, but the actual event will surely get buried in bullshit soon enough.
    The only (and worst) thing for the authorities was the back-up cop firing at a van full of kids. That was not necessary in that situation.

If the woman just cooperated to begin with, things wouldn't have escalated.
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    The only (and worst) thing for the authorities was the back-up cop firing at a van full of kids. That was not necessary in that situation.

If the woman just cooperated to begin with, things wouldn't have escalated.
    I'd usually be the first person to call for the cops heads in a case like this but, like you said, aside from the cop shooting at the van (more than likely trying to shoot out the tires) they didn't do anything wrong.

The woman initially tried to flee. Then she tried to run away again. The cops reacted appropriately after each and every incident, IMO.

It's videos like this where I actually kind of feel bad for cops. As if this poor guy needed any more grief, the woman's 14 year old son comes out and starts throwin punches. They're lucky they both weren't tazered.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Yeah, I thought the cops handled it the best they could. Except for those bizarre shots being fired by the backup, weird.

Quite an example she's setting for her children, huh?
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.02.17 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 199 Times in 105 Posts

Besides the idiot cop firing at the tires, what was so wrong? The idiot broke the law and should have obeyed the officer from minute one. Race shouldn't come into to play here, there was nothing racist happening in that video. People need to learn consequences. My opinion.

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 11:21 PM
    Liked 3,107 Times in 1,819 Posts

Premium Member

You just know that the justification for these actions will be years and years of fear about White cops. And part of me can understand it. One of my closest friends is taking a photography class. He's 32, a veteran, and one of the nicest guys. His mom (one of my college professors) and his 2 brothers all have PhDs.

He had an assignment from the local college photography class to photography old architecture. While he was doing so, a cop stopped him. The cop asked for back up. Multiple cops surrounded him. I think there is a high likelihood that it was because he is Black.

Now, I also realize that a large, disproportionate amoung of crime is committed by minorities. But taking pictures?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 11:06 AM
    Liked 2,230 Times in 1,348 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    You just know that the justification for these actions will be years and years of fear about White cops. And part of me can understand it.
    but it's just a simple speeding ticket...you hand over your license and insurance....and that is that. I get the fight or flight thing, but any sane person would have to know that you are escalating things by driving away. and then locking the cops out of your car..and then the second drive away and the high speed chase? ...how far to do you think you can push a cop?

when the boy got out of the car, you could tell he was loaded for bear by his body language....and a cop faced with one unruly adult and a second unruly teenager has reason to ask for back up

how many times have you heard of parents using children to hide drugs or weapons..happens all the time

and I think the officer was trying to shoot out the

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 12:23 AM
    Liked 7,837 Times in 4,573 Posts

Premium Member

That cop shooting at the car was ridiculous. Tires my ass, what if a bullet hit one of the kids? This lady and her son are idiots for sure but I'm more concerned about trigger-happy cops. The backup cop's first reaction is to start shooting with kids in the car? Wtf?

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

I think kids being in the car is irrelevant. Even if it was just the woman I don't understand why bullets were fired. What the hell was that guy thinking?

But I do look forward to race becoming the issue here instead the crazy bitch and the piece of shit kid.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Astonishing video. How that kid is not dead is a fuggin miracle.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 11:06 AM
    Liked 2,230 Times in 1,348 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Double Down View Post
    I think kids being in the car is irrelevant. Even if it was just the woman I don't understand why bullets were fired. What the hell was that guy thinking?

But I do look forward to race becoming the issue here instead the crazy bitch and the piece of shit kid.

I don't know if the cop that came in on back up knew there were kids or anyone else in the car, which actually makes it more critical that he not fire his weapon

I do think he was thinking that he could shoot the tires out...which is stupid, and it's a miracle that noone was hit

but I feel the first cop did nothing wrong.

oh and there were marijuana pipes in the car, so that might be why she was so shifty, but heck,,,,it was a traffic ticket, just let the officer write the ticket and fight it in court not on the highway

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Last Online

Premium Member

Minivan Stop Turns to Wild Chase for Mom, Kids

Video from a police dashboard camera showed how a routine traffic stop devolved into an intense incident that involved a high speed chase and a police officer appearing to shoot at van full of children.

The incident began when a woman who police have identified as Oriana Ferrell was pulled over by a New Mexico State Police officer for going 71 miles per hour in a 55 miles per hour zone according to station KRQE-TV in Albuquerque, N.M.

The dash cam shows the woman and the officer arguing, and when the officer goes back to his car to check paperwork, the woman drives away and is pulled over again by the same officer.

When the officer goes to the car a second time he opens the door and demands that Ferrell get out of the car, yelling "Get out of the vehicle right now!"

When she refuses, the officer appears to attempt to pull her out of the car as her five children, ages 6 to 18, according to The Taos News, start screaming in the car.

After a few moments, the woman's 14-year-old son gets out of the car and tries to engage the officer. But the officer pulls his taser and the teenager goes back into the car.

As the officer tries to get the woman to leave the car, he tells her that she is already facing charges for leaving the scene after she was first pulled over.

Traffic Stop Turns to Brawl as Murderer Battles Cop

"Look, I'm going to ask you one more time to get out of the vehicle and then I'm going to pull you out, OK?" the officer said. "You're already facing evading charges. You ran away from me."

"Sir, I pulled back over, I didn't run away," the woman said. "You see my children. I'm not doing anything wrong. I'm just trying to take them to the Rio Grande."

Eventually the woman gets out of the car to talk to the officer, but when he tells her to turn and face the vehicle she tries to run back into the driver's seat of the car. The incident quickly escalates with the woman's son this time engaging the officer. Only after the officer aims his taser at the boy does he run back into the van.

As back-up arrives, the woman and her family are locked inside. The officer takes his baton and starts to break the windows of the van as he tries to get the family out of the car.

At that point the woman starts to drive away, and another officer who came on the scene later appears to fire three shots at the back of the minivan even though five children were in the back seat.

The woman leads the officers on a 10-minute chase before stopping in front of a hotel and turning herself in. Both the woman and her 14-year-old son were arrested.

The actions of the different officers and the fact that the routine traffic stop ended with an officer shooting at a car and a high speed chase has led to an internal investigation, the New Mexico State Police told ABCNews.com. However, the officers involved have not yet been removed from active duty.

Ferrell was charged with five counts of abuse of a child, aggravated fleeing an officer, resisting an officer, reckless driving and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to The Taos News. Her teenage son was charged with battery of an officer.

The Taos News reported that New Mexico State Police said they allegedly found two marijuana pipes in the minivan.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/minivan-sto...ry?id=20912206

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

I just hope this woman doesn't get off on a technicality involving the cop shooting. That was stupid and that officer should be punished, but this woman should have her kids taken away.

There is not a doubt in my mind that this isn't an isolated incident. If she sped away from cops with drugs in the car and her five kids, she's obviously got a few screws loose. In a just world, she loses those kids.

It's easy to cry foul on the cops because they're an easy target, but there's absolutely no justification for what this woman did. Take the shot out of the equation, and they handled it perfectly. In fact, it speaks volumes to me that the kid wasn't tazed, that was a remarkable showing of restraint I don't think I would have had.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Last Online

Premium Member

Taos grand jury indicts mother in high-speed chase

TAOS — A Tennessee woman arrested last month after leading police on a high-speed chase through the community of Talpa in a minivan with her five children appeared in court Tuesday for arraignment on a grand jury indictment.

Oriana Ferrell faces charges of intentional abuse of a child, aggravated fleeing of a law-enforcement officer and possession of drug paraphernalia following the Oct. 28 pursuit.

The attorney representing Ferrell, however, suggested the case would “go nowhere” and argued that law-enforcement officers were the ones who had endangered the defendant’s children when they fired on her vehicle in an attempt to stop the minivan.

“There was no reason at all to chase her down,” lawyer Alan Maestas told 8th Judicial District Judge Jeff McElroy, referring to the pursuit that began when Ferrell allegedly drove away from a New Mexico State Police officer during a traffic stop.

An officer stopped her on N.M. 518 near Talpa because she was speeding, according to a statement of probable cause filed in Taos Magistrate Court.

After she was issued the citation, the officer wrote, Ferrell declined to pay the fine and proceeded to drive north in her Kia Sedona minivan.

The officer followed the 39-year-old Memphis resident for about a half-mile, and then she pulled to the side of the road. A struggled ensued, according to the officer’s report, as he attempted to remove Ferrell from the vehicle and was confronted by her 14-year-old son.

Two other officers arrived, court documents say, and the family members locked themselves inside the vehicle. The arresting officer wrote that he smashed the passenger-side window with his baton before Ferrell drove away again. A colleague fired three rounds at the rear tires “in an attempt to keep the vehicle from leaving,” he wrote.

The officers pursued Ferrell down N.M. 518 and then north on N.M. 68, traveling at speeds up to 100 mph, according to court documents.

Ferrell brought the minivan to a halt in front of the main entrance to Hotel Don Fernando, and she and her 14-year-old son were arrested at gunpoint without incident.

The four other children in the vehicle were taken into custody by the New Mexico Children, Youth and Families Department.

The youths, ranging in age from 6 to 18, were placed in the care of a family known to Ferrell, according to state police.

In court Tuesday, the judge said he reviewed a portion of video footage from the pursuit when considering the release of Ferrell’s son, who is now free. The judge described the footage as disturbing and puzzling.

“The court is concerned about the nature of these charges,” he said. “It’s a bit of a mystery.”

Maestas, however, suggested Ferrell was acting out of fear for the safety of her children when she drove away from law-enforcement officers.

“She was flat-out scared that something was going to happen to her children,” the attorney told the court. “We ought to talk about the stupidity and recklessness of shooting at a car that has five children in it.”

“If someone ought to be charged with child abuse, it ought to be the New Mexico State Police,” Maestas added.

Maestas also claimed a firearm recovered from Ferrell’s vehicle had been planted by law-enforcement officers. “I take the weapon to be a plant used to justify some of the stupidity here,” he said.

State police, however, said that only a toy gun was found inside the minivan, and no firearm charges have been filed.

Deputy District Attorney Emilio Chávez said Ferrell had little reason to flee during the traffic stop.

“The chase was not precipitated, as Mr. Maestas alleged, because she was just scared,” the prosecutor said.

Chávez argued that Ferrell’s release from the Taos County jail should require a $10,000 bond with 10 percent to the court, a waiver of extradition and requirements that she undergo regular drug screening and maintain residency in New Mexico. He cited prior arrests on charges of driving while intoxicated as well as the alleged discovery of two marijuana pipes at the time of Ferrell’s arrest. He added that she should be prohibited from discussing the incident with her children, noting that they may serve as witnesses at trial.

Maestas requested a $10,000 unsecured bond and said his only objection was to stipulations requiring drug screening.

He disputed the two prior DWI arrests in other jurisdictions and presented a dozen letters from ministers, neighbors and others attesting to her character.

Addressing the judge, Ferrell insisted she had never been convicted of DWI.

“I do plan to stay here,” she added. Maestas noted that Ferrell hoped to live in Pecos or Santa Fe while contesting the charges against her.

“I cannot imagine someone going on the lam with five kids,” the defense attorney said.

Maestas said state officials were planning to send Ferrell’s children to their father in Atlanta if she remained at the detention center. “This trip was supposed to be part of an educational experience for her kids, who are home-schooled,” he said. “These kids just want to stay together, and sending them to dad isn’t the answer.”

The judge agreed to release Ferrell on a $10,000 unsecured bond and rejected the state’s suggestion that she submit to regular drug screening.

“The nature of the charges did not appear to involve alcohol or drugs,” McElroy said.

The case was scheduled for a jury trial April 21.

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/new...3952537c9.html