Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default ACLU, Lawyers Think Boston Bomber is Being ‘Tortured’

The ACLU is working with the Boston bomb suspect’s counsel to define torture down.

In documents filed last week, the ACLU stated it planned to fight for the accused 20-year-old terrorist’s right to access to his attorneys and information his lawyers claim is critical to defending him against a potential death sentence, calling it “no trifling matter” that in the ACLU’s view Tsarnaev’s Sixth Amendment right to a fair trial was being threatened by the conditions of his solitary confinement at the federal lockup at Fort Devens.

The former UMass Dartmouth student’s taxpayer-funded counsel will go before O’Toole tomorrow to argue for vacating what they deem “extraordinary and severe” restrictions they liken to “torture,” including that Tsarnaev is denied TV and radio, family photos, prayer with other inmates and visitation from anyone other than his lawyers and immediate family.

What they’re calling “torture” used to just be called “prison.”

The judge in this case, George W. O’Toole, isn’t buying the “torture” accusation. He tossed the ACLU’s memo out of the case record.

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion...arnaev_hearing
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:23 PM
    Liked 35 Times in 17 Posts

Premium Member

Why don't they just put Mr. Tsarnaev in with the general population prisoners? I'm sure his rights won't be violated by any of them. It may also save the taxpayers a wad of cash...

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 04:06 AM
    Liked 741 Times in 408 Posts

Premium Member

In Canada, we have a guy named Paul Bernardo who did stuff that warrants this type of inprisonment (ie, put in gen pop)....
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:41 PM
    Liked 2,386 Times in 1,488 Posts

Premium Member

Two ways to look at this. First one is why the USA is the last bastion of freedom and human rights. Second is as an political terrorist fighting without uniform he should have no rights and should have been sent to Gitmo with all the other slime. Personally I tend to go with the second. Hey didn't the liar who is now President promise to close that Gitmo place in 2007 as a candidate?
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 04:18 AM
    Liked 18,148 Times in 8,966 Posts

You just have to think of the politics of it.

Let him have his damn lawyers and whatever a prisoner awaiting trial has. No matter how it is spun, he either killed or was an accessory to killing the campus policeman and leading the police through a high speed chase with gun fire, grenades, etc.

The man is either going to prison for life or going to be executed (if allowed in his jurisdiction), let him have what he is entitled to, it won't make any difference in the end result.

Give the ACLU no where to go with this.

And as distasteful as it is, they may be right unless he is being treated as a enemy combatant. I honestly haven't followed very closely since he was apprehended, as I know what the end result is going to be.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Liked 412 Times in 247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Two ways to look at this. First one is why the USA is the last bastion of freedom and human rights. Second is as an political terrorist fighting without uniform he should have no rights and should have been sent to Gitmo with all the other slime. Personally I tend to go with the second. Hey didn't the liar who is now President promise to close that Gitmo place in 2007 as a candidate?
    You didn't type that with a straight face did you?
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:41 PM
    Liked 2,386 Times in 1,488 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    You didn't type that with a straight face did you?
    I had to bite my tounge comrade. Its still better than the feudal system.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:55 PM
    Liked 4,806 Times in 2,453 Posts

Premium Member

I would hire the guards who were protecting Ariel Castro in his block. That would take care of everything

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

ACLU, Lawyers Think Boston Bomber is Being ‘Tortured’

They think it? Fuck… I hope he's being tortured.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

Wish the FBI just threw a grenade into the boat and did away with this scumbag.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:09 PM
    Liked 801 Times in 436 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    You just have to think of the politics of it.

Let him have his damn lawyers and whatever a prisoner awaiting trial has. No matter how it is spun, he either killed or was an accessory to killing the campus policeman and leading the police through a high speed chase with gun fire, grenades, etc.

The man is either going to prison for life or going to be executed (if allowed in his jurisdiction), let him have what he is entitled to, it won't make any difference in the end result.

Give the ACLU no where to go with this.

And as distasteful as it is, they may be right unless he is being treated as a enemy combatant. I honestly haven't followed very closely since he was apprehended, as I know what the end result is going to be.
    Yep. See also Rule of Law. If we don't believe in that, then what the hell are we fighting these people for?

Try, convict and execute on pure moral outrage with no appeal to logic or fair dealing? Shit, move to Saudi Arabia and it's yours...

TK

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Back to ADKT - Cuz it is new
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.30.17 @ 05:08 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 25 Posts

Oh, how I hope he is being tortured.

That would cap an incredibly bad day with a positive sign showing that justice can still be done

If people are being sent to prison for 5 years for causing a death due to texting while driving, this SOB needs to be drawn and quartered, with the parts being thrown into a pig pen for disposal. Punishment fits the crime
    It is what it is

I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said

I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH, WACF, FW, 5150, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams/Unchained/InASR/5150
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 04:30 AM
    Liked 298 Times in 161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Double Down View Post
    What a douchey thing to say! That guy worked long and hard to buy that boat.

"The shit I read on this site." -- Dave's Dreidel (Nov 6th, 2013)

"Don't ever confuse talent with fame." -- Bob Lefsetz

"There's very little greatness in this world, but in the crucible of quality there's a special corner reserved for Van Halen." -- Bob Lefsetz

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Boston Bomber 'Tortured' With Catered Islamic Meals

War On Terror: The ACLU claims jailers are "torturing" Boston bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev by keeping him in solitary confinement. Please. The man charged with terror bombing gets catered Islamic meals.

Just when we think we've reached the limits of tolerance for Muslim terrorists, we learn that one of the jihadist punks who confessed to killing and maiming hundreds of marathoners, then terrorizing and shutting down an entire major U.S. city, all in the name of Allah, has been getting meals prepared for him in accordance with Islamic dietary requirements.

His special halal menu includes such dishes as baked lasagna, salad and garlic bread. Tsarnaev also gets copies of the Quran and other Islamic texts to brush up on his hatred for infidels, fellow Americans most especially included.

Yet the American Civil Liberties Union has the gall to petition a federal judge for his release from isolation at the federal lockup at Fort Devens, Mass. The liberal group, which seems now to be run by a stable of Muslim lawyers who are alarmingly sympathetic even to confessed and convicted terrorists, has likened his jail restrictions there to "torture." They complain the terrorist suspect has been denied TV and radio and can't pray with other Muslim inmates. His outside communications are also limited and monitored by the feds.

And there's good reason for that. Tsarnaev made it clear in his confession note that he wanted to inspire other Muslims to commit acts of terrorism against Americans.

Here's what he penned to fellow Muslims: The "U.S. government is killing our innocent civilians, but most of you already know that. As a Muslim I can't stand to see such evil go unpunished. We Muslims are one body, you hurt one you hurt us all. The ummah (the global brotherhood of Muslims) is beginning to rise."

Tsarnaev added, in a warning to U.S. military and law enforcement: "Know you are fighting men who look into the barrel of your gun and see heaven. Now how can you compete with that? We are promised victory and we will surely get it."

Authorities wisely are cutting off any channels this Islamic fanatic might use to recruit jihadists or propagandize their cause. They don't want him inciting violence.

Unfortunately, the judge hearing his case is lending his lawyer a sympathetic ear. Though he barred the ACLU from making its outrageous "torture" statement at Thursday's hearing, U.S. District Judge George O'Toole questioned the "fairness" of the restrictions. "I agree enough with the defendant," he said.

Yes, let him out of solitary to preach at the fort chapel.

This reminds us of the Fort Hood case. Military brass bowed to the religious "needs" of Army Maj. Nidal Hasan, who praised Allah as he shot 14 soldiers, including a pregnant woman as she begged for her baby's life.

They actually agreed to let Hasan wear a full Islamic beard to trial, in violation of military regulations. Only now is the convicted mass murderer being forcibly shaved, as he awaits the needle on death row at Fort Leavenworth, Kan.

But he and his lawyers are suing the military, arguing it's a breach of his religious freedom. You'd think the jihadist would be grateful for the free grooming before he meets his 72 virgins.

Meanwhile, down at Gitmo we helpfully point prostrate al-Qaida and Taliban terrorists to Mecca, fete them with Harry Potter movie nights, and even reorder fitness equipment made in Muslim countries after they complain about the infidels who made the first batch.

Enough! Stop running Islamic daycares for terrorists.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...#ixzz2lBkYPPWz
    Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Double Down View Post
    With all the shots they fired onto that boat, I didn't think they needed to throw a grenade.

But, sadly, he's still alive. So, yeah, they should've thrown a box of grenades on him!!
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.